|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David Poletti tell Kinsey about Jean?
(a) She told everyone she was a virgin.
(b) She was the nicest girl in town.
(c) She was promiscuous in high school.
(d) She was very shy and quiet.
2. Kinsey spends hours talking to someone after Bailey hung up on her. Who did she talk to?
(a) David Poletti.
(b) Sal Quintana.
(c) Dwight Swales.
(d) Alex Millhone.
3. Bailey's first criminal charge involved another individual. What was his name?
(a) Mel Lemay.
(b) John Clemson.
(c) Danny Haws.
(d) Tap Granger.
4. At Jean's old high school, where does Kinsey find photos of her?
(a) In old school newspapers.
(b) In the student council office.
(c) In the graduate photo hall of honor.
(d) In old yearbooks.
5. Where does Kinsey go after returning Royce to the motel after Bailey's escape?
(a) To the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel.
(b) To the Sunshine Spa.
(c) To the Floral Springs Hotel.
(d) To the Santa Teresa Inn.
6. After having tea with Ann, Kinsey goes to her motel room. What does she discover?
(a) That someone has broken into her room.
(b) That her air conditioner has broken.
(c) That someone turned on the water in her room and flooded it.
(d) That the cleaning woman spilled cleaning fluid all over the carpet.
7. When had Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake dated?
(a) Before Bailey went to jail for the first time.
(b) When they were in their first year of college.
(c) When he was twenty and she was a high school senior.
(d) When he was twenty and she was a high school freshman.
8. How is Shana Timberlake related to Jean?
(a) She is her sister.
(b) She is her cousin.
(c) She is her mother.
(d) She is her aunt.
9. What crimes that he and Bailey were involved in does Tap talk about the second time Kinsey meets him?
(a) Running scams.
(c) Passing bad checks.
(d) Armed robbery.
10. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Tap Granger.
(b) Dwight Shales.
(c) Henry Pitts.
(d) Jack Clemson.
11. After talking to Ann about her parents, where does Kinsey go hoping to find Shana Timberlake?
(a) The spa.
(b) The liquor store.
(c) The local pool hall.
(d) The drugstore.
12. While Kinsey is talking to Bailey on the phone in her new motel room, what does he do?
(a) He starts to cry.
(b) He starts to curse at her.
(c) He begins to talk to someone who is with him.
(d) He hung up suddenly.
13. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
(a) She thinks he might have a shady past.
(b) She thinks she might be falling in love with him.
(c) She thinks he is overcharging her on rent.
(d) She lost her parents as a child and doesn't want to become attached to him.
14. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
(a) A mechanical horse.
(b) A jukebox.
(c) The car Shana is riding in.
(d) The crowd at the restaurant.
15. Kinsey has to live with Henry Pitts while her place is being renovated. Who is Henry?
(a) Her landlord.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her boss.
(d) Her sister's ex-husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kinsey usually live?
2. When Bailey was charged for the death of Jean Timberlake, what was the result?
3. How does Kinsey express her anger with Royce?
4. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
5. When Kinsey returns to the Fowler's motel, what does Ann tell her about her parents?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)