|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kinsey express her anger with Royce?
(a) She bad-mouths him to Ann right in front of him.
(b) She tells him she wants off the case.
(c) She threatens to call the police.
(d) She tells him if he doesn't like the way things are, he could hire someone else.
2. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
(b) At ten o'clock.
(c) Around eight thirty.
(d) At eleven o'clock.
3. After Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer for the first time, Kinsey goes to the high school that Jean attended. What is the name of the high school?
(a) Santa Teresa High School
(b) Lincoln High School
(c) San Luis Obispo High School
(d) Central Coast High School
4. What was the name of the night manager at the Fowler's motel?
5. Royce believes Bailey is innocent and has a good reason to want his innocence proven soon. What is it?
(a) Royce is dying of cancer.
(b) Bailey owes him money.
(c) Royce knows the real killer is about to leave the country.
(d) Bailey stands to inherit a lot of money if he's innocent.
6. What does Shana deny to Kinsey concerning Jean?
(a) That she was dealing drugs.
(b) That she was failing in school.
(c) That she had hated her mother.
(d) That she was looking for her biological father.
7. A man named Royce hires Kinsey to investigate the case. How is he connected to Bailey?
(a) He is his lawyer.
(b) He is is agent.
(c) He is his uncle.
(d) He is his father.
8. What does Kinsey wonder about Bailey's escape from the courthouse?
(a) Whether his father was behind it.
(b) Whether he was meant to be killed too.
(c) Whether Bailey fixed it so that Tap got killed.
(d) Whether the deputy had helped Bailey escape.
9. Kinsey gets another call right after she talks to Bailey from her new motel room. Who wants to talk to her?
(a) One of the motel's former employees.
(b) A homicide detective.
(c) A reporter.
(d) Royce's doctor.
10. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
(a) The crowd at the restaurant.
(b) The car Shana is riding in.
(c) A mechanical horse.
(d) A jukebox.
11. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
(a) That the Fowlers had used it to repair the motel.
(b) That Jean had spent it on a car before she died.
(c) That she knew nothing about it.
(d) That Shana suspected Bailey still had it.
12. When Bailey was charged for the death of Jean Timberlake, what was the result?
(a) He escaped from the courthouse.
(b) He was sentenced to life.
(c) He was sentenced to death.
(d) He was sentenced for ten years.
13. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
(a) That he was a married man.
(b) That it was Tap Granger.
(c) That he was a classmate.
(d) That he was from out of town.
14. After Kinsey gets home from her run after her first visit to Floral Beach, what does she do?
(a) Looks for Bailey and Jean on the Internet.
(b) Phones some of Bailey's high school friends.
(c) Phones Bailey's lawyer.
(d) Goes through old newspaper clippings about Bailey and Jean.
15. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
(a) Hospitality Court.
(b) Floral Beach Motel.
(c) Orange Grove Motel.
(d) Ocean Street Motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After having tea with Ann, Kinsey goes to her motel room. What does she discover?
2. Kinsey meets Tap Granger for the second time at a local business with the owner of the establishment. What is the man's name?
3. What does Tap tell Kinsey happened with the proceeds of his and Bailey's crimes?
4. After Bailey escapes, Kinsey returns to the motel with Royce. A lot of people show up, including one that Kinsey instantly disliked. Who was this person?
5. When Kinsey returns to the Fowler's motel, what does Ann tell her about her parents?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)