|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bailey was charged for the death of Jean Timberlake, what was the result?
(a) He was sentenced for ten years.
(b) He was sentenced to life.
(c) He was sentenced to death.
(d) He escaped from the courthouse.
2. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
(a) That it was Tap Granger.
(b) That he was a classmate.
(c) That he was from out of town.
(d) That he was a married man.
3. What does Kinsey find out about Bailey after her run?
(a) That he had been in counseling for drug addiction.
(b) That he was willing to admit to killing Jean.
(c) That he had served time for armed robbery before Jean's death.
(d) That he was now a very wealthy man.
4. What does David Poletti tell Kinsey about Jean?
(a) She was the nicest girl in town.
(b) She was very shy and quiet.
(c) She was promiscuous in high school.
(d) She told everyone she was a virgin.
5. What had happened to Kinsey's residence during her last case?
(a) It had suffered heavy flood damage.
(b) It had been damaged in an earthquake.
(c) It was destroyed by fire.
(d) It had been bombed.
6. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A high school guidance counselor.
(d) An accountant.
7. The day after talking with Tap Granger, why does Kinsey go with Royce to the courthouse?
(a) To watch Bailey's trial.
(b) To watch the trial of a local drug trafficker.
(c) To see Bailey's arraignment.
(d) To search for Jean's death certificate.
8. Kinsey has to live with Henry Pitts while her place is being renovated. Who is Henry?
(a) Her sister's ex-husband.
(b) Her boss.
(c) Her landlord.
(d) Her boyfriend.
9. The evening of her angry confrontation with Royce, Kinsey has tea with Ann. What does Ann tell her about her childhood?
(a) That it was very happy and her parents favored her over Bailey.
(b) That she was the most popular girl in town.
(c) That she was sickly and her parents were not affectionate.
(d) That is was restrictive living in a motel.
10. After Bailey escapes, Kinsey returns to the motel with Royce. A lot of people show up, including one that Kinsey instantly disliked. Who was this person?
(a) Elva Summers.
(b) Reverend Haws.
(c) June Shales.
(d) Ori's sister.
11. How long did Bailey serve in prison for his conviction in the death of Jean Timberlake before he escaped?
(a) Fourteen months.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eighteen months.
12. What does Shana tell Kinsey about her relationship with Jean just before she died?
(a) They were close but Jean had taken to sneaking out of their apartment.
(b) That Shana had been against Jean leaving town for college.
(c) They had become distant because of Jean's lifestyle.
(d) It was close but Jean preferred staying with her aunt.
13. After meeting Oribelle and Ann for the first time at the motel, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To Los Angeles.
(b) To Salton Beach.
(c) To Santa Teresa.
(d) To San Luis Obispo.
14. What kind of life does Tap tell Kinsey he is living now?
(a) He is trapped in an unhappy marriage.
(b) He loves his wife but doesn't want to be a father.
(c) He is respectable, and married with children.
(d) He hates his job and wants a new career.
15. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Tap Granger.
(b) Jack Clemson.
(c) Henry Pitts.
(d) Dwight Shales.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kinsey sees Shana for the first time, why is she surprised?
2. When Kinsey asks the wife of the owner of the spa about Jean Timberlake, what is her response?
3. Which of the following does Kinsey notice there is not a lot of in the courtroom?
4. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
5. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)