|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
(a) That he threatened to turn Bailey in.
(b) That he had gotten very drunk.
(c) This individual tells Kinsey that Tap got a call from someone with a slurred voice.
(d) That he had confessed to killing Jean.
2. What does Kinsey notice about the hot tubs at the spa she visited after Bailey's escape?
(a) They are the most expensive money can buy.
(b) They are named after colors.
(c) That they have names like "Serenity" and "Meditation".
(d) They need cleaning.
3. Why did Bailey feel he got burned on his first case?
(a) He went to trial and got one to ten years.
(b) His partner in crime testified against him.
(c) His lawyer didn't show up for the trial.
(d) His parents wouldn't pay for a good lawyer.
4. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
(a) That he was a married man.
(b) That it was Tap Granger.
(c) That he was a classmate.
(d) That he was from out of town.
5. What does Kinsey find out while Shana is in the shower?
(a) That Shana has been corresponding with Bailey.
(b) That Shana has received a sealed greeting card from Los Angeles.
(c) That Shana is Royce's illegitimate daughter.
(d) That Shana is wanted by police.
6. Who burst into the courtroom and yelled "Freeze!"?
(a) A man in a red mask.
(b) A man in a green hooded jacket.
(c) A man in cowboy boots.
(d) A man in a yellow tee shirt.
7. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To the pool hall.
(b) To the local newspaper office.
(c) To do some shopping.
(d) To the gym.
8. What does Kinsey find out about Bailey after her run?
(a) That he was now a very wealthy man.
(b) That he was willing to admit to killing Jean.
(c) That he had been in counseling for drug addiction.
(d) That he had served time for armed robbery before Jean's death.
9. In the Royce's motel lobby, Kinsey finds a pamphlet for the Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs. What does the pamphlet advertise?
(a) Mud baths, hot tubs, and rooms.
(b) A serenity retreat.
(c) An exercise and diet center.
(d) A convention hall.
10. Bailey's lawyer tells Kinsey about Bailey's first criminal charge when he had just finished high school. What was it for?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Passing bad checks.
(d) Petty theft.
11. Kinsey spends hours talking to someone after Bailey hung up on her. Who did she talk to?
(a) Dwight Swales.
(b) David Poletti.
(c) Sal Quintana.
(d) Alex Millhone.
12. Kinsey meets Tap Granger for the second time at a local business with the owner of the establishment. What is the man's name?
13. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
(a) At eleven o'clock.
(b) At ten o'clock.
(d) Around eight thirty.
14. What had happened to Kinsey's residence during her last case?
(a) It had suffered heavy flood damage.
(b) It had been damaged in an earthquake.
(c) It had been bombed.
(d) It was destroyed by fire.
15. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
(a) The local bar.
(b) At a beach house.
(c) At Bailey's old apartment.
(d) The gas station where he works.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the phone to him in her new motel room, what does Kinsey try to talk Bailey into doing?
2. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
3. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
4. Kinsey speaks to a large blond woman the first time she visits the spa. Who was this woman?
5. Where does Kinsey usually live?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)