|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Kinsey's anger with Royce?
(a) He has a stroke.
(b) He has a coughing fit and can't breathe.
(c) He falls and hits his head.
(d) He has an epileptic seizure.
2. Where is Bailey at the beginning of the book?
(a) Living in San Diego.
(b) Staying with his parents.
(c) In jail doing five years for fraud.
(d) In jail waiting to be arraigned.
3. When Kinsey sees Shana for the first time, why is she surprised?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) She looks a lot like Kinsey.
(c) She looks exactly like Jean.
(d) That she looks young for her age.
4. Kinsey finally decides to visit Shana in her small apartment. What has Shana been doing?
(b) Writing letters.
(d) Working in her garden.
5. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To the gym.
(b) To the local newspaper office.
(c) To do some shopping.
(d) To the pool hall.
6. Kinsey is hired to investigate a crime that Bailey Fowler was accused of committing seventeen years against Jean Timberlake. What was he charged with?
(b) Vehicular homicide.
(c) Voluntary manslaugter.
7. Why did Kinsey feel uncomfortable at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Ann was accusing her of being incompetent.
(b) Ann was giving Ori an injection.
(c) There was no air conditioning in Ori's room.
(d) Ann and Ori were screaming at each other.
8. Bailey was picked up in Los Angeles not long before Kinsey was hired. Why?
(a) A neighbor had reported him as suspicious.
(b) He had adopted the same name as another man wanted by the police.
(c) He had assaulted a policeman.
(d) He had a lot of unpaid traffic violations.
9. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A nurse.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A high school guidance counselor.
10. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
(a) Hospitality Court.
(b) Orange Grove Motel.
(c) Ocean Street Motel.
(d) Floral Beach Motel.
11. After Bailey escapes, Kinsey returns to the motel with Royce. A lot of people show up, including one that Kinsey instantly disliked. Who was this person?
(a) Reverend Haws.
(b) June Shales.
(c) Elva Summers.
(d) Ori's sister.
12. Bailey's first criminal charge involved another individual. What was his name?
(a) Danny Haws.
(b) John Clemson.
(c) Mel Lemay.
(d) Tap Granger.
13. How long did Bailey serve in prison for his conviction in the death of Jean Timberlake before he escaped?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Fourteen months.
14. After meeting Oribelle and Ann for the first time at the motel, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To Los Angeles.
(b) To San Luis Obispo.
(c) To Salton Beach.
(d) To Santa Teresa.
15. Kinsey speaks to a large blond woman the first time she visits the spa. Who was this woman?
(a) A fitness instructor.
(b) A tennis pro.
(c) A nurse.
(d) The wife of the owner of the spa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job did Bailey hold during the years he was the run?
2. What does Kinsey notice about the hot tubs at the spa she visited after Bailey's escape?
3. The evening of her angry confrontation with Royce, Kinsey has tea with Ann. What does Ann tell her about her childhood?
4. While Kinsey is talking to Bailey on the phone in her new motel room, what does he do?
5. Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer soon after she leaves the motel for the first time. What is his lawyer's name?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)