|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bailey's first criminal charge involved another individual. What was his name?
(a) Tap Granger.
(b) Mel Lemay.
(c) Danny Haws.
(d) John Clemson.
2. When Kinsey returns to the Fowler's motel, what does Ann tell her about her parents?
(a) How they met on a train.
(b) That they had a lot of money stashed away.
(c) That they met at a carnival.
(d) That they had never wanted children.
3. After having tea with Ann, Kinsey goes to her motel room. What does she discover?
(a) That her air conditioner has broken.
(b) That someone turned on the water in her room and flooded it.
(c) That the cleaning woman spilled cleaning fluid all over the carpet.
(d) That someone has broken into her room.
4. Why did Bailey feel he got burned on his first case?
(a) He went to trial and got one to ten years.
(b) His parents wouldn't pay for a good lawyer.
(c) His partner in crime testified against him.
(d) His lawyer didn't show up for the trial.
5. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
(a) A mechanical horse.
(b) The car Shana is riding in.
(c) A jukebox.
(d) The crowd at the restaurant.
6. How much time did Bailey serve for his first charge?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
7. Kinsey finally decides to visit Shana in her small apartment. What has Shana been doing?
(a) Writing letters.
(b) Working in her garden.
8. Kinsey gets another call right after she talks to Bailey from her new motel room. Who wants to talk to her?
(a) Royce's doctor.
(b) A homicide detective.
(c) One of the motel's former employees.
(d) A reporter.
9. What is the result of Kinsey's anger with Royce?
(a) He has a coughing fit and can't breathe.
(b) He has a stroke.
(c) He has an epileptic seizure.
(d) He falls and hits his head.
10. What does the man who burst into the courtroom do, before hauling Bailey out of the courtroom with him?
(a) He screamed obscenties.
(b) He shot into the ceiling.
(c) He waved his gun and laughed hysterically.
(d) He ran around pointing a gun and saying "Gotcha!"
11. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
(a) Around eight thirty.
(c) At ten o'clock.
(d) At eleven o'clock.
12. Kinsey speaks to a large blond woman the first time she visits the spa. Who was this woman?
(a) The wife of the owner of the spa.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A fitness instructor.
(d) A tennis pro.
13. Why did Kinsey feel uncomfortable at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Ann and Ori were screaming at each other.
(b) Ann was accusing her of being incompetent.
(c) Ann was giving Ori an injection.
(d) There was no air conditioning in Ori's room.
14. What problem does Ann have with her mother?
(a) She won't let Ann give her her medicine.
(b) It is impossible to lift her mother.
(c) Her mother never lets Ann out of her sight.
(d) Her mother is very hard to please.
15. A man named Royce hires Kinsey to investigate the case. How is he connected to Bailey?
(a) He is his lawyer.
(b) He is is agent.
(c) He is his father.
(d) He is his uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
2. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
3. After meeting Oribelle and Ann for the first time at the motel, where does Kinsey go?
4. What does Kinsey wonder about Bailey's escape from the courthouse?
5. After visiting with Shana at her apartment, what does Kinsey do?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)