|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bailey's lawyer tells Kinsey about Bailey's first criminal charge when he had just finished high school. What was it for?
(a) Passing bad checks.
(b) Petty theft.
(c) Armed robbery.
2. What crimes that he and Bailey were involved in does Tap talk about the second time Kinsey meets him?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Passing bad checks.
(c) Running scams.
3. After talking to Ann about her parents, where does Kinsey go hoping to find Shana Timberlake?
(a) The drugstore.
(b) The local pool hall.
(c) The spa.
(d) The liquor store.
4. What is Bailey's attitude when Kinsey first meets with him?
(a) He was indifferent and apathetic.
(b) He was optimistic and upbeat.
(c) He was depressed and despondent.
(d) He was calm and confident.
5. After Bailey escapes, Kinsey returns to the motel with Royce. A lot of people show up, including one that Kinsey instantly disliked. Who was this person?
(a) Reverend Haws.
(b) June Shales.
(c) Elva Summers.
(d) Ori's sister.
6. After seeing the principal, Kinsey goes to see Bailey. What does he tell her Jean was doing at the time of her death?
(a) Looking for her biological father.
(b) Learning sign language.
(c) Applying for colleges.
(d) Dating his son.
7. What does Tap tell Kinsey happened with the proceeds of his and Bailey's crimes?
(a) That they had purchased a condo.
(b) That he didn't know.
(c) That they had spent it all.
(d) That it was in a bank account in San Diego.
8. What does Bailey's lawyer do while Kinsey talks to him?
(b) Run on his treadmill.
(c) Eat a pizza.
(d) Talk on his phone.
9. A man named Royce hires Kinsey to investigate the case. How is he connected to Bailey?
(a) He is his father.
(b) He is is agent.
(c) He is his lawyer.
(d) He is his uncle.
10. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
(a) That he threatened to turn Bailey in.
(b) This individual tells Kinsey that Tap got a call from someone with a slurred voice.
(c) That he had gotten very drunk.
(d) That he had confessed to killing Jean.
11. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To the gym.
(b) To do some shopping.
(c) To the pool hall.
(d) To the local newspaper office.
12. Why did Bailey feel he got burned on his first case?
(a) His partner in crime testified against him.
(b) His parents wouldn't pay for a good lawyer.
(c) He went to trial and got one to ten years.
(d) His lawyer didn't show up for the trial.
13. After talking to Kinsey, Tap leaves to go to the bathroom. What happens after that?
(a) Kinsey waits but he never returns.
(b) Kinsey has a drink or two too many.
(c) Royce shows up.
(d) There is an explosion in a back room.
14. What does Kinsey find out about Bailey after her run?
(a) That he was willing to admit to killing Jean.
(b) That he had served time for armed robbery before Jean's death.
(c) That he was now a very wealthy man.
(d) That he had been in counseling for drug addiction.
15. Kinsey gets another call right after she talks to Bailey from her new motel room. Who wants to talk to her?
(a) One of the motel's former employees.
(b) Royce's doctor.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A homicide detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the spa Kinsey goes to visit?
2. Bailey was picked up in Los Angeles not long before Kinsey was hired. Why?
3. Kinsey decides to visit a high school classmate of Jean's. She goes to see David Poletti. What does he do for a living?
4. What problem does Ann have with her mother?
5. Kinsey meets Tap Granger for the second time at a local business with the owner of the establishment. What is the man's name?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)