|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer for the first time, Kinsey goes to the high school that Jean attended. What is the name of the high school?
(a) Santa Teresa High School
(b) Central Coast High School
(c) Lincoln High School
(d) San Luis Obispo High School
2. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
(a) A mechanical horse.
(b) The car Shana is riding in.
(c) A jukebox.
(d) The crowd at the restaurant.
3. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
(a) At eleven o'clock.
(c) Around eight thirty.
(d) At ten o'clock.
4. Kinsey decides to visit a high school classmate of Jean's. She goes to see David Poletti. What does he do for a living?
(a) He's an accountant.
(b) He's a psychiatrist.
(c) He's a dentist.
(d) He's a drywall hanger.
5. After meeting Oribelle and Ann for the first time at the motel, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To Los Angeles.
(b) To Salton Beach.
(c) To Santa Teresa.
(d) To San Luis Obispo.
6. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Jack Clemson.
(b) Dwight Shales.
(c) Tap Granger.
(d) Henry Pitts.
7. What kind of life does Tap tell Kinsey he is living now?
(a) He hates his job and wants a new career.
(b) He is trapped in an unhappy marriage.
(c) He is respectable, and married with children.
(d) He loves his wife but doesn't want to be a father.
8. What is Bailey's attitude when Kinsey first meets with him?
(a) He was depressed and despondent.
(b) He was optimistic and upbeat.
(c) He was calm and confident.
(d) He was indifferent and apathetic.
9. What had happened to Kinsey's residence during her last case?
(a) It had been damaged in an earthquake.
(b) It had suffered heavy flood damage.
(c) It was destroyed by fire.
(d) It had been bombed.
10. What problem does Ann have with her mother?
(a) Her mother never lets Ann out of her sight.
(b) Her mother is very hard to please.
(c) It is impossible to lift her mother.
(d) She won't let Ann give her her medicine.
11. When Bailey was charged for the death of Jean Timberlake, what was the result?
(a) He was sentenced for ten years.
(b) He was sentenced to death.
(c) He was sentenced to life.
(d) He escaped from the courthouse.
12. When Kinsey asks the wife of the owner of the spa about Jean Timberlake, what is her response?
(a) She says she can't remember her at all.
(b) She is very unhelpful and tells her to leave a message for the owner.
(c) She says Jean was very untrustworthy.
(d) She says Jean was a very good employee.
13. Why did Kinsey feel uncomfortable at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Ann and Ori were screaming at each other.
(b) There was no air conditioning in Ori's room.
(c) Ann was giving Ori an injection.
(d) Ann was accusing her of being incompetent.
14. What does Kinsey notice about the hot tubs at the spa she visited after Bailey's escape?
(a) They are named after colors.
(b) They are the most expensive money can buy.
(c) That they have names like "Serenity" and "Meditation".
(d) They need cleaning.
15. Who burst into the courtroom and yelled "Freeze!"?
(a) A man in cowboy boots.
(b) A man in a yellow tee shirt.
(c) A man in a green hooded jacket.
(d) A man in a red mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Kinsey gets home from her run after her first visit to Floral Beach, what does she do?
2. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
3. In the Royce's motel lobby, Kinsey finds a pamphlet for the Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs. What does the pamphlet advertise?
4. When Kinsey returns to the Fowler's motel, what does Ann tell her about her parents?
5. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)