|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey has to live with Henry Pitts while her place is being renovated. Who is Henry?
(a) Her boss.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her sister's ex-husband.
(d) Her landlord.
2. What does Kinsey wonder about Bailey's escape from the courthouse?
(a) Whether he was meant to be killed too.
(b) Whether Bailey fixed it so that Tap got killed.
(c) Whether the deputy had helped Bailey escape.
(d) Whether his father was behind it.
3. How is Shana Timberlake related to Jean?
(a) She is her cousin.
(b) She is her mother.
(c) She is her sister.
(d) She is her aunt.
4. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
(a) Ocean Street Motel.
(b) Floral Beach Motel.
(c) Orange Grove Motel.
(d) Hospitality Court.
5. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
(a) She thinks he might have a shady past.
(b) She thinks he is overcharging her on rent.
(c) She thinks she might be falling in love with him.
(d) She lost her parents as a child and doesn't want to become attached to him.
6. What does Shana tell Kinsey about her relationship with Jean just before she died?
(a) They were close but Jean had taken to sneaking out of their apartment.
(b) That Shana had been against Jean leaving town for college.
(c) They had become distant because of Jean's lifestyle.
(d) It was close but Jean preferred staying with her aunt.
7. Kinsey is hired to investigate a crime that Bailey Fowler was accused of committing seventeen years against Jean Timberlake. What was he charged with?
(c) Vehicular homicide.
(d) Voluntary manslaugter.
8. Royce believes Bailey is innocent and has a good reason to want his innocence proven soon. What is it?
(a) Royce is dying of cancer.
(b) Bailey stands to inherit a lot of money if he's innocent.
(c) Bailey owes him money.
(d) Royce knows the real killer is about to leave the country.
9. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
(a) At ten o'clock.
(c) At eleven o'clock.
(d) Around eight thirty.
10. Kinsey goes to visit Shana, who takes a shower. What does Kinsey do while Shana is in the shower?
(a) Make some phone calls.
(b) Snoop through her purse.
(c) Tidy up Shana's place.
(d) Read Shana's diary.
11. On the phone to him in her new motel room, what does Kinsey try to talk Bailey into doing?
(a) Leaving the state.
(b) Running away with her.
(c) Seeing his father one last time.
(d) Turning himself in.
12. What does Kinsey find out while Shana is in the shower?
(a) That Shana has received a sealed greeting card from Los Angeles.
(b) That Shana has been corresponding with Bailey.
(c) That Shana is wanted by police.
(d) That Shana is Royce's illegitimate daughter.
13. How does Kinsey express her anger with Royce?
(a) She tells him if he doesn't like the way things are, he could hire someone else.
(b) She tells him she wants off the case.
(c) She threatens to call the police.
(d) She bad-mouths him to Ann right in front of him.
14. Why did Kinsey feel uncomfortable at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Ann and Ori were screaming at each other.
(b) Ann was accusing her of being incompetent.
(c) There was no air conditioning in Ori's room.
(d) Ann was giving Ori an injection.
15. While Kinsey is looking at the pamphlet for Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs, what does Ann Fowler tell her?
(a) That Jean Timberlake had worked there.
(b) That she hates her brother.
(c) That she believes Bailey killed Jean.
(d) That she doesn't think the truth of the case will ever come out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bailey feel he got burned on his first case?
2. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
3. What does Bailey's lawyer do while Kinsey talks to him?
4. Where do Royce Fowler and his wife live?
5. What does Tap tell Kinsey happened with the proceeds of his and Bailey's crimes?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)