|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
(a) That Shana suspected Bailey still had it.
(b) That Jean had spent it on a car before she died.
(c) That she knew nothing about it.
(d) That the Fowlers had used it to repair the motel.
2. Which of the following was not true about Jean?
(a) She had worked at the Royce's motel.
(b) She was illegitimate.
(c) She was a college student when she died.
(d) Her mother still lived in town.
3. When Kinsey asks the wife of the owner of the spa about Jean Timberlake, what is her response?
(a) She says Jean was very untrustworthy.
(b) She says she can't remember her at all.
(c) She says Jean was a very good employee.
(d) She is very unhelpful and tells her to leave a message for the owner.
4. On the phone to him in her new motel room, what does Kinsey try to talk Bailey into doing?
(a) Turning himself in.
(b) Running away with her.
(c) Seeing his father one last time.
(d) Leaving the state.
5. What is Bailey's attitude when Kinsey first meets with him?
(a) He was calm and confident.
(b) He was depressed and despondent.
(c) He was indifferent and apathetic.
(d) He was optimistic and upbeat.
6. After talking to Ann about her parents, where does Kinsey go hoping to find Shana Timberlake?
(a) The drugstore.
(b) The spa.
(c) The liquor store.
(d) The local pool hall.
7. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
(a) They were picked up by an accomplice in a van.
(b) The man with the gun surrendered and Bailey escaped.
(c) They jumped into a car and sped off.
(d) The man with the gun was killed by deputies and Bailey escaped.
8. What does Kinsey find out while Shana is in the shower?
(a) That Shana has been corresponding with Bailey.
(b) That Shana has received a sealed greeting card from Los Angeles.
(c) That Shana is wanted by police.
(d) That Shana is Royce's illegitimate daughter.
9. What does Tap tell Kinsey happened with the proceeds of his and Bailey's crimes?
(a) That they had spent it all.
(b) That they had purchased a condo.
(c) That he didn't know.
(d) That it was in a bank account in San Diego.
10. Why did Bailey feel he got burned on his first case?
(a) He went to trial and got one to ten years.
(b) His parents wouldn't pay for a good lawyer.
(c) His lawyer didn't show up for the trial.
(d) His partner in crime testified against him.
11. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
(a) Orange Grove Motel.
(b) Ocean Street Motel.
(c) Floral Beach Motel.
(d) Hospitality Court.
12. After seeing the principal, Kinsey goes to see Bailey. What does he tell her Jean was doing at the time of her death?
(a) Learning sign language.
(b) Looking for her biological father.
(c) Applying for colleges.
(d) Dating his son.
13. While Kinsey is looking at the pamphlet for Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs, what does Ann Fowler tell her?
(a) That Jean Timberlake had worked there.
(b) That she hates her brother.
(c) That she doesn't think the truth of the case will ever come out.
(d) That she believes Bailey killed Jean.
14. In the Royce's motel lobby, Kinsey finds a pamphlet for the Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs. What does the pamphlet advertise?
(a) A convention hall.
(b) Mud baths, hot tubs, and rooms.
(c) A serenity retreat.
(d) An exercise and diet center.
15. Kinsey decides to visit a high school classmate of Jean's. She goes to see David Poletti. What does he do for a living?
(a) He's an accountant.
(b) He's a psychiatrist.
(c) He's a drywall hanger.
(d) He's a dentist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Kinsey's anger with Royce?
2. What crimes that he and Bailey were involved in does Tap talk about the second time Kinsey meets him?
3. Kinsey spends hours talking to someone after Bailey hung up on her. Who did she talk to?
4. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
5. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)