Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
(a) Through Ocean View trailer park.
(b) Through her neighborhood.
(c) On the country roads outside of town.
(d) On the beach.
2. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
(a) That she should return to her home town to avoid being killed.
(b) That it is up to her - she must come up with something that will prove Bailey's innocence.
(c) That she is too attractive to be a private investigator.
(d) That she is incompetent.
3. Kinsey goes to visit Shana, who takes a shower. What does Kinsey do while Shana is in the shower?
(a) Tidy up Shana's place.
(b) Snoop through her purse.
(c) Make some phone calls.
(d) Read Shana's diary.
4. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
(a) The man with the gun was killed by deputies and Bailey escaped.
(b) The man with the gun surrendered and Bailey escaped.
(c) They were picked up by an accomplice in a van.
(d) They jumped into a car and sped off.
5. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
(a) That Shana suspected Bailey still had it.
(b) That she knew nothing about it.
(c) That Jean had spent it on a car before she died.
(d) That the Fowlers had used it to repair the motel.
6. What does Kinsey find out had happened to Tap after he went to the bathroom?
(a) He took sick suddenly and went home.
(b) He gave someone a lift to the next town.
(c) His wife showed up demanding he get home.
(d) He had gotten a phone call and left.
7. When Kinsey returns to the Fowler's motel, what does Ann tell her about her parents?
(a) That they met at a carnival.
(b) How they met on a train.
(c) That they had never wanted children.
(d) That they had a lot of money stashed away.
8. A man named Royce hires Kinsey to investigate the case. How is he connected to Bailey?
(a) He is his lawyer.
(b) He is his father.
(c) He is is agent.
(d) He is his uncle.
9. When Kinsey is settled into her new motel room, Bailey calls her. What does he tell her?
(a) That he was not in on the plan to escape from the courthouse.
(b) That he is switching lawyers.
(c) That he has the money from his youthful life of crime.
(d) That he is writing a book about his case.
10. When had Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake dated?
(a) When he was twenty and she was a high school freshman.
(b) When he was twenty and she was a high school senior.
(c) When they were in their first year of college.
(d) Before Bailey went to jail for the first time.
11. What is the result of Kinsey's anger with Royce?
(a) He has a stroke.
(b) He has an epileptic seizure.
(c) He has a coughing fit and can't breathe.
(d) He falls and hits his head.
12. What is Bailey's attitude when Kinsey first meets with him?
(a) He was depressed and despondent.
(b) He was calm and confident.
(c) He was optimistic and upbeat.
(d) He was indifferent and apathetic.
13. What kind of job did Bailey hold during the years he was the run?
(a) He was a district manager for a clothing company.
(b) He was a plumber.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was in sales.
14. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
(a) That he was from out of town.
(b) That he was a classmate.
(c) That it was Tap Granger.
(d) That he was a married man.
15. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
(a) She thinks he is overcharging her on rent.
(b) She thinks he might have a shady past.
(c) She lost her parents as a child and doesn't want to become attached to him.
(d) She thinks she might be falling in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David Poletti tell Kinsey about Jean?
2. After Kinsey gets home from her run after her first visit to Floral Beach, what does she do?
3. What does Shana tell Kinsey about her relationship with Jean just before she died?
4. Kinsey finally decides to visit Shana in her small apartment. What has Shana been doing?
5. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)