|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Royce brings another person with him when he interviews Kinsey. Who is it?
(a) His therapist.
(b) His nurse.
(c) His son.
(d) His daughter.
2. How long did Bailey serve in prison for his conviction in the death of Jean Timberlake before he escaped?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Fourteen months.
(d) Two years.
3. While Kinsey is looking at the pamphlet for Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs, what does Ann Fowler tell her?
(a) That Jean Timberlake had worked there.
(b) That she doesn't think the truth of the case will ever come out.
(c) That she believes Bailey killed Jean.
(d) That she hates her brother.
4. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
(a) The local bar.
(b) The gas station where he works.
(c) At Bailey's old apartment.
(d) At a beach house.
5. What does the man who burst into the courtroom do, before hauling Bailey out of the courtroom with him?
(a) He ran around pointing a gun and saying "Gotcha!"
(b) He waved his gun and laughed hysterically.
(c) He shot into the ceiling.
(d) He screamed obscenties.
6. On the phone to him in her new motel room, what does Kinsey try to talk Bailey into doing?
(a) Leaving the state.
(b) Turning himself in.
(c) Running away with her.
(d) Seeing his father one last time.
7. What does Kinsey wonder about Bailey's escape from the courthouse?
(a) Whether his father was behind it.
(b) Whether the deputy had helped Bailey escape.
(c) Whether Bailey fixed it so that Tap got killed.
(d) Whether he was meant to be killed too.
8. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A high school guidance counselor.
9. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
(a) That he threatened to turn Bailey in.
(b) That he had gotten very drunk.
(c) That he had confessed to killing Jean.
(d) This individual tells Kinsey that Tap got a call from someone with a slurred voice.
10. When Kinsey sees Shana for the first time, why is she surprised?
(a) She looks a lot like Kinsey.
(b) She looks exactly like Jean.
(c) That she looks young for her age.
(d) She is very beautiful.
11. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
(a) That she knew nothing about it.
(b) That Jean had spent it on a car before she died.
(c) That the Fowlers had used it to repair the motel.
(d) That Shana suspected Bailey still had it.
12. After talking to Kinsey, Tap leaves to go to the bathroom. What happens after that?
(a) There is an explosion in a back room.
(b) Royce shows up.
(c) Kinsey has a drink or two too many.
(d) Kinsey waits but he never returns.
13. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Dwight Shales.
(b) Henry Pitts.
(c) Jack Clemson.
(d) Tap Granger.
14. Kinsey speaks to a large blond woman the first time she visits the spa. Who was this woman?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A tennis pro.
(c) A fitness instructor.
(d) The wife of the owner of the spa.
15. What does Kinsey find out about Bailey after her run?
(a) That he had served time for armed robbery before Jean's death.
(b) That he had been in counseling for drug addiction.
(c) That he was willing to admit to killing Jean.
(d) That he was now a very wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kinsey is settled into her new motel room, Bailey calls her. What does he tell her?
2. What does Bailey's lawyer do while Kinsey talks to him?
3. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
4. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
5. What crimes that he and Bailey were involved in does Tap talk about the second time Kinsey meets him?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)