|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kinsey gets home from her run after her first visit to Floral Beach, what does she do?
(a) Phones some of Bailey's high school friends.
(b) Looks for Bailey and Jean on the Internet.
(c) Goes through old newspaper clippings about Bailey and Jean.
(d) Phones Bailey's lawyer.
2. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
(a) That she is incompetent.
(b) That she is too attractive to be a private investigator.
(c) That it is up to her - she must come up with something that will prove Bailey's innocence.
(d) That she should return to her home town to avoid being killed.
3. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To do some shopping.
(b) To the local newspaper office.
(c) To the gym.
(d) To the pool hall.
4. Bailey was picked up in Los Angeles not long before Kinsey was hired. Why?
(a) He had a lot of unpaid traffic violations.
(b) He had adopted the same name as another man wanted by the police.
(c) He had assaulted a policeman.
(d) A neighbor had reported him as suspicious.
5. What does Tap tell Kinsey happened with the proceeds of his and Bailey's crimes?
(a) That they had purchased a condo.
(b) That he didn't know.
(c) That they had spent it all.
(d) That it was in a bank account in San Diego.
6. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
(a) At a beach house.
(b) At Bailey's old apartment.
(c) The local bar.
(d) The gas station where he works.
7. Where does Kinsey usually live?
(a) In a condo in Los Angeles.
(b) In a bungalow in Floral Beach.
(c) In a town house in San Luis Obispo.
(d) In a small apartment in Santa Teresa.
8. After she visits Shana, how does Royce make Kinsey angry?
(a) He tells her she is not bright enough for the job.
(b) He tells her that she shouldn't talk to Shana.
(c) He tries to tell her how to run her investigation.
(d) He tells her he wasn't going to pay her.
9. After seeing the principal, Kinsey goes to see Bailey. What does he tell her Jean was doing at the time of her death?
(a) Learning sign language.
(b) Dating his son.
(c) Looking for her biological father.
(d) Applying for colleges.
10. How does Kinsey express her anger with Royce?
(a) She tells him she wants off the case.
(b) She bad-mouths him to Ann right in front of him.
(c) She threatens to call the police.
(d) She tells him if he doesn't like the way things are, he could hire someone else.
11. Bailey's first criminal charge involved another individual. What was his name?
(a) Tap Granger.
(b) Danny Haws.
(c) John Clemson.
(d) Mel Lemay.
12. While Kinsey is talking to Bailey on the phone in her new motel room, what does he do?
(a) He starts to curse at her.
(b) He hung up suddenly.
(c) He starts to cry.
(d) He begins to talk to someone who is with him.
13. What does Kinsey wonder about Bailey's escape from the courthouse?
(a) Whether he was meant to be killed too.
(b) Whether the deputy had helped Bailey escape.
(c) Whether Bailey fixed it so that Tap got killed.
(d) Whether his father was behind it.
14. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
(a) A high school guidance counselor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A nurse.
15. Which of the following was not true about Jean?
(a) She had worked at the Royce's motel.
(b) Her mother still lived in town.
(c) She was illegitimate.
(d) She was a college student when she died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the man who hauled Bailey out of the courtroom turn out to be?
2. Where do Royce Fowler and his wife live?
3. Kinsey decides to visit a high school classmate of Jean's. She goes to see David Poletti. What does he do for a living?
4. After meeting Oribelle and Ann for the first time at the motel, where does Kinsey go?
5. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)