|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bailey was picked up in Los Angeles not long before Kinsey was hired. Why?
(a) He had a lot of unpaid traffic violations.
(b) He had assaulted a policeman.
(c) A neighbor had reported him as suspicious.
(d) He had adopted the same name as another man wanted by the police.
2. Kinsey meets Tap Granger for the second time at a local business with the owner of the establishment. What is the man's name?
3. What does Kinsey think about as she drives back to Floral Beach to work on Bailey's case?
(b) Her car.
(d) Her last case.
4. When had Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake dated?
(a) When he was twenty and she was a high school senior.
(b) Before Bailey went to jail for the first time.
(c) When they were in their first year of college.
(d) When he was twenty and she was a high school freshman.
5. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
(a) Through her neighborhood.
(b) On the country roads outside of town.
(c) Through Ocean View trailer park.
(d) On the beach.
6. How is Shana Timberlake related to Jean?
(a) She is her sister.
(b) She is her aunt.
(c) She is her mother.
(d) She is her cousin.
7. While Kinsey is looking at the pamphlet for Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs, what does Ann Fowler tell her?
(a) That she hates her brother.
(b) That Jean Timberlake had worked there.
(c) That she doesn't think the truth of the case will ever come out.
(d) That she believes Bailey killed Jean.
8. Where do Royce Fowler and his wife live?
(a) In a separate bungalow on the property.
(b) In their motel, in an apartment behind the main desk.
(c) On the entire ground floor of the motel.
(d) In a house across the highway from the motel.
9. What does Kinsey find out while Shana is in the shower?
(a) That Shana is wanted by police.
(b) That Shana has been corresponding with Bailey.
(c) That Shana is Royce's illegitimate daughter.
(d) That Shana has received a sealed greeting card from Los Angeles.
10. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
(a) That he had confessed to killing Jean.
(b) That he threatened to turn Bailey in.
(c) This individual tells Kinsey that Tap got a call from someone with a slurred voice.
(d) That he had gotten very drunk.
11. When Kinsey returns to the Fowler's motel, what does Ann tell her about her parents?
(a) That they had a lot of money stashed away.
(b) That they met at a carnival.
(c) How they met on a train.
(d) That they had never wanted children.
12. After visiting with Shana at her apartment, what does Kinsey do?
(a) She goes to a movie with the Fowlers.
(b) She plays cards with the fowlers.
(c) She goes shopping with the Fowlers.
(d) She has dinner with the Fowlers.
13. Where is Bailey at the beginning of the book?
(a) In jail doing five years for fraud.
(b) Living in San Diego.
(c) In jail waiting to be arraigned.
(d) Staying with his parents.
14. Royce believes Bailey is innocent and has a good reason to want his innocence proven soon. What is it?
(a) Bailey stands to inherit a lot of money if he's innocent.
(b) Bailey owes him money.
(c) Royce knows the real killer is about to leave the country.
(d) Royce is dying of cancer.
15. On the phone to him in her new motel room, what does Kinsey try to talk Bailey into doing?
(a) Turning himself in.
(b) Seeing his father one last time.
(c) Leaving the state.
(d) Running away with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
2. What does Shana deny to Kinsey concerning Jean?
3. What does David Poletti tell Kinsey about Jean?
4. Kinsey finally decides to visit Shana in her small apartment. What has Shana been doing?
5. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)