|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tap tell Kinsey happened with the proceeds of his and Bailey's crimes?
(a) That they had spent it all.
(b) That it was in a bank account in San Diego.
(c) That they had purchased a condo.
(d) That he didn't know.
2. When Kinsey returns to the Fowler's motel, what does Ann tell her about her parents?
(a) How they met on a train.
(b) That they met at a carnival.
(c) That they had a lot of money stashed away.
(d) That they had never wanted children.
3. What crimes that he and Bailey were involved in does Tap talk about the second time Kinsey meets him?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Running scams.
(c) Passing bad checks.
4. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A high school guidance counselor.
5. What does Kinsey wonder about Bailey's escape from the courthouse?
(a) Whether his father was behind it.
(b) Whether he was meant to be killed too.
(c) Whether Bailey fixed it so that Tap got killed.
(d) Whether the deputy had helped Bailey escape.
6. Who is the owner of the spa Kinsey goes to visit?
(a) Dr. White.
(b) Dr. Dermot.
(c) Dr. Cohen.
(d) Dr. Dunne.
7. The evening of her angry confrontation with Royce, Kinsey has tea with Ann. What does Ann tell her about her childhood?
(a) That she was sickly and her parents were not affectionate.
(b) That she was the most popular girl in town.
(c) That is was restrictive living in a motel.
(d) That it was very happy and her parents favored her over Bailey.
8. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
(a) A mechanical horse.
(b) A jukebox.
(c) The car Shana is riding in.
(d) The crowd at the restaurant.
9. On the phone to him in her new motel room, what does Kinsey try to talk Bailey into doing?
(a) Leaving the state.
(b) Turning himself in.
(c) Running away with her.
(d) Seeing his father one last time.
10. Royce believes Bailey is innocent and has a good reason to want his innocence proven soon. What is it?
(a) Royce is dying of cancer.
(b) Bailey stands to inherit a lot of money if he's innocent.
(c) Bailey owes him money.
(d) Royce knows the real killer is about to leave the country.
11. What does Kinsey think about as she drives back to Floral Beach to work on Bailey's case?
(b) Her car.
(d) Her last case.
12. Which of the following does Kinsey notice there is not a lot of in the courtroom?
(b) Local people.
13. Where is Bailey at the beginning of the book?
(a) In jail waiting to be arraigned.
(b) Living in San Diego.
(c) In jail doing five years for fraud.
(d) Staying with his parents.
14. What does Shana tell Kinsey about her relationship with Jean just before she died?
(a) That Shana had been against Jean leaving town for college.
(b) It was close but Jean preferred staying with her aunt.
(c) They were close but Jean had taken to sneaking out of their apartment.
(d) They had become distant because of Jean's lifestyle.
15. A man named Royce hires Kinsey to investigate the case. How is he connected to Bailey?
(a) He is his uncle.
(b) He is his lawyer.
(c) He is is agent.
(d) He is his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time did Bailey serve for his first charge?
2. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
3. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
4. What does Bailey's lawyer do while Kinsey talks to him?
5. While Kinsey is looking at the pamphlet for Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs, what does Ann Fowler tell her?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)