|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey decides to visit a high school classmate of Jean's. She goes to see David Poletti. What does he do for a living?
(a) He's an accountant.
(b) He's a dentist.
(c) He's a drywall hanger.
(d) He's a psychiatrist.
2. When Kinsey is settled into her new motel room, Bailey calls her. What does he tell her?
(a) That he was not in on the plan to escape from the courthouse.
(b) That he is switching lawyers.
(c) That he has the money from his youthful life of crime.
(d) That he is writing a book about his case.
3. The day after talking with Tap Granger, why does Kinsey go with Royce to the courthouse?
(a) To watch Bailey's trial.
(b) To search for Jean's death certificate.
(c) To see Bailey's arraignment.
(d) To watch the trial of a local drug trafficker.
4. After talking to Kinsey, Tap leaves to go to the bathroom. What happens after that?
(a) Royce shows up.
(b) Kinsey waits but he never returns.
(c) There is an explosion in a back room.
(d) Kinsey has a drink or two too many.
5. Kinsey speaks to a large blond woman the first time she visits the spa. Who was this woman?
(a) A tennis pro.
(b) A fitness instructor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) The wife of the owner of the spa.
6. Kinsey meets Tap Granger for the second time at a local business with the owner of the establishment. What is the man's name?
7. What does Kinsey think about as she drives back to Floral Beach to work on Bailey's case?
(b) Her last case.
(d) Her car.
8. What does Tap tell Kinsey happened with the proceeds of his and Bailey's crimes?
(a) That they had purchased a condo.
(b) That he didn't know.
(c) That it was in a bank account in San Diego.
(d) That they had spent it all.
9. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
(a) On the beach.
(b) On the country roads outside of town.
(c) Through Ocean View trailer park.
(d) Through her neighborhood.
10. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
(a) The crowd at the restaurant.
(b) A mechanical horse.
(c) The car Shana is riding in.
(d) A jukebox.
11. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
(a) That the Fowlers had used it to repair the motel.
(b) That Shana suspected Bailey still had it.
(c) That she knew nothing about it.
(d) That Jean had spent it on a car before she died.
12. What is Bailey's attitude when Kinsey first meets with him?
(a) He was optimistic and upbeat.
(b) He was depressed and despondent.
(c) He was indifferent and apathetic.
(d) He was calm and confident.
13. Bailey's lawyer tells Kinsey about Bailey's first criminal charge when he had just finished high school. What was it for?
(b) Armed robbery.
(c) Petty theft.
(d) Passing bad checks.
14. How much time did Bailey serve for his first charge?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eighteen months.
15. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
(a) She lost her parents as a child and doesn't want to become attached to him.
(b) She thinks she might be falling in love with him.
(c) She thinks he might have a shady past.
(d) She thinks he is overcharging her on rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Jean's old high school, where does Kinsey find photos of her?
2. Royce brings another person with him when he interviews Kinsey. Who is it?
3. When Bailey was charged for the death of Jean Timberlake, what was the result?
4. Kinsey gets another call right after she talks to Bailey from her new motel room. Who wants to talk to her?
5. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)