|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
(a) At Bailey's old apartment.
(b) At a beach house.
(c) The local bar.
(d) The gas station where he works.
2. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
(a) A jukebox.
(b) A mechanical horse.
(c) The car Shana is riding in.
(d) The crowd at the restaurant.
3. Where is Bailey at the beginning of the book?
(a) In jail waiting to be arraigned.
(b) Living in San Diego.
(c) Staying with his parents.
(d) In jail doing five years for fraud.
4. Royce brings another person with him when he interviews Kinsey. Who is it?
(a) His therapist.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His nurse.
(d) His son.
5. Who did the man who hauled Bailey out of the courtroom turn out to be?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A reporter.
(c) Tap Granger.
(d) John Clemson.
6. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
(a) That Shana suspected Bailey still had it.
(b) That Jean had spent it on a car before she died.
(c) That she knew nothing about it.
(d) That the Fowlers had used it to repair the motel.
7. What kind of job did Bailey hold during the years he was the run?
(a) He was a district manager for a clothing company.
(b) He was a plumber.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was in sales.
8. A man named Royce hires Kinsey to investigate the case. How is he connected to Bailey?
(a) He is his uncle.
(b) He is his father.
(c) He is is agent.
(d) He is his lawyer.
9. Who burst into the courtroom and yelled "Freeze!"?
(a) A man in a red mask.
(b) A man in a yellow tee shirt.
(c) A man in a green hooded jacket.
(d) A man in cowboy boots.
10. When Bailey was charged for the death of Jean Timberlake, what was the result?
(a) He escaped from the courthouse.
(b) He was sentenced for ten years.
(c) He was sentenced to death.
(d) He was sentenced to life.
11. After talking to Ann about her parents, where does Kinsey go hoping to find Shana Timberlake?
(a) The liquor store.
(b) The local pool hall.
(c) The drugstore.
(d) The spa.
12. How is Shana Timberlake related to Jean?
(a) She is her mother.
(b) She is her aunt.
(c) She is her cousin.
(d) She is her sister.
13. What does Oribelle (Ori) Fowler suffer from?
(a) Heart disease and diabetes.
(b) Arthritis and diabetes.
(c) Cancer and lupus.
(d) Arthritis and cancer.
14. What does Kinsey notice about the hot tubs at the spa she visited after Bailey's escape?
(a) That they have names like "Serenity" and "Meditation".
(b) They are named after colors.
(c) They are the most expensive money can buy.
(d) They need cleaning.
15. The evening of her angry confrontation with Royce, Kinsey has tea with Ann. What does Ann tell her about her childhood?
(a) That it was very happy and her parents favored her over Bailey.
(b) That she was the most popular girl in town.
(c) That is was restrictive living in a motel.
(d) That she was sickly and her parents were not affectionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
2. At Jean's old high school, where does Kinsey find photos of her?
3. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
4. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
5. While Kinsey is talking to Bailey on the phone in her new motel room, what does he do?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)