|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Ann have with her mother?
(a) It is impossible to lift her mother.
(b) Her mother never lets Ann out of her sight.
(c) Her mother is very hard to please.
(d) She won't let Ann give her her medicine.
2. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
(a) She lost her parents as a child and doesn't want to become attached to him.
(b) She thinks he might have a shady past.
(c) She thinks he is overcharging her on rent.
(d) She thinks she might be falling in love with him.
3. After she visits Shana, how does Royce make Kinsey angry?
(a) He tells her he wasn't going to pay her.
(b) He tries to tell her how to run her investigation.
(c) He tells her she is not bright enough for the job.
(d) He tells her that she shouldn't talk to Shana.
4. When Kinsey is settled into her new motel room, Bailey calls her. What does he tell her?
(a) That he was not in on the plan to escape from the courthouse.
(b) That he is writing a book about his case.
(c) That he has the money from his youthful life of crime.
(d) That he is switching lawyers.
5. What had happened to Kinsey's residence during her last case?
(a) It had suffered heavy flood damage.
(b) It had been bombed.
(c) It was destroyed by fire.
(d) It had been damaged in an earthquake.
6. What does Kinsey find out had happened to Tap after he went to the bathroom?
(a) He took sick suddenly and went home.
(b) He gave someone a lift to the next town.
(c) His wife showed up demanding he get home.
(d) He had gotten a phone call and left.
7. What does Kinsey notice about the hot tubs at the spa she visited after Bailey's escape?
(a) They need cleaning.
(b) They are named after colors.
(c) They are the most expensive money can buy.
(d) That they have names like "Serenity" and "Meditation".
8. What does David Poletti tell Kinsey about Jean?
(a) She was promiscuous in high school.
(b) She was very shy and quiet.
(c) She told everyone she was a virgin.
(d) She was the nicest girl in town.
9. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Tap Granger.
(b) Jack Clemson.
(c) Henry Pitts.
(d) Dwight Shales.
10. What kind of life does Tap tell Kinsey he is living now?
(a) He loves his wife but doesn't want to be a father.
(b) He is respectable, and married with children.
(c) He is trapped in an unhappy marriage.
(d) He hates his job and wants a new career.
11. Kinsey has to live with Henry Pitts while her place is being renovated. Who is Henry?
(a) Her sister's ex-husband.
(b) Her landlord.
(c) Her boss.
(d) Her boyfriend.
12. What is the result of Kinsey's anger with Royce?
(a) He has a coughing fit and can't breathe.
(b) He has a stroke.
(c) He falls and hits his head.
(d) He has an epileptic seizure.
13. How long did Bailey serve in prison for his conviction in the death of Jean Timberlake before he escaped?
(a) Fourteen months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Less than a year.
14. When Kinsey asks the wife of the owner of the spa about Jean Timberlake, what is her response?
(a) She says Jean was very untrustworthy.
(b) She is very unhelpful and tells her to leave a message for the owner.
(c) She says Jean was a very good employee.
(d) She says she can't remember her at all.
15. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
(a) The man with the gun surrendered and Bailey escaped.
(b) They were picked up by an accomplice in a van.
(c) They jumped into a car and sped off.
(d) The man with the gun was killed by deputies and Bailey escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crimes that he and Bailey were involved in does Tap talk about the second time Kinsey meets him?
2. What does Kinsey find out about Bailey after her run?
3. What does Tap tell Kinsey happened with the proceeds of his and Bailey's crimes?
4. Kinsey gets another call right after she talks to Bailey from her new motel room. Who wants to talk to her?
5. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)