|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey has to live with Henry Pitts while her place is being renovated. Who is Henry?
(a) Her sister's ex-husband.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her boss.
(d) Her landlord.
2. What was the name of the night manager at the Fowler's motel?
3. When Kinsey asks the wife of the owner of the spa about Jean Timberlake, what is her response?
(a) She is very unhelpful and tells her to leave a message for the owner.
(b) She says Jean was a very good employee.
(c) She says Jean was very untrustworthy.
(d) She says she can't remember her at all.
4. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A high school guidance counselor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A teacher.
5. After Kinsey gets home from her run after her first visit to Floral Beach, what does she do?
(a) Phones Bailey's lawyer.
(b) Looks for Bailey and Jean on the Internet.
(c) Goes through old newspaper clippings about Bailey and Jean.
(d) Phones some of Bailey's high school friends.
6. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
(a) That she is too attractive to be a private investigator.
(b) That she is incompetent.
(c) That it is up to her - she must come up with something that will prove Bailey's innocence.
(d) That she should return to her home town to avoid being killed.
7. Bailey was picked up in Los Angeles not long before Kinsey was hired. Why?
(a) He had assaulted a policeman.
(b) A neighbor had reported him as suspicious.
(c) He had a lot of unpaid traffic violations.
(d) He had adopted the same name as another man wanted by the police.
8. Kinsey spends hours talking to someone after Bailey hung up on her. Who did she talk to?
(a) Dwight Swales.
(b) David Poletti.
(c) Sal Quintana.
(d) Alex Millhone.
9. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
(a) That Jean had spent it on a car before she died.
(b) That the Fowlers had used it to repair the motel.
(c) That she knew nothing about it.
(d) That Shana suspected Bailey still had it.
10. What does Kinsey wonder about Bailey's escape from the courthouse?
(a) Whether he was meant to be killed too.
(b) Whether his father was behind it.
(c) Whether the deputy had helped Bailey escape.
(d) Whether Bailey fixed it so that Tap got killed.
11. Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer soon after she leaves the motel for the first time. What is his lawyer's name?
(a) Tap Granger.
(b) Henry Haws.
(c) John Granger.
(d) Jack Clemson.
12. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
(a) The local bar.
(b) At a beach house.
(c) At Bailey's old apartment.
(d) The gas station where he works.
13. The day after talking with Tap Granger, why does Kinsey go with Royce to the courthouse?
(a) To watch Bailey's trial.
(b) To watch the trial of a local drug trafficker.
(c) To search for Jean's death certificate.
(d) To see Bailey's arraignment.
14. After visiting with Shana at her apartment, what does Kinsey do?
(a) She goes shopping with the Fowlers.
(b) She plays cards with the fowlers.
(c) She goes to a movie with the Fowlers.
(d) She has dinner with the Fowlers.
15. Kinsey is hired to investigate a crime that Bailey Fowler was accused of committing seventeen years against Jean Timberlake. What was he charged with?
(a) Voluntary manslaugter.
(d) Vehicular homicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey speaks to a large blond woman the first time she visits the spa. Who was this woman?
2. Why did Kinsey feel uncomfortable at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Royce believes Bailey is innocent and has a good reason to want his innocence proven soon. What is it?
4. The evening of her angry confrontation with Royce, Kinsey has tea with Ann. What does Ann tell her about her childhood?
5. Royce brings another person with him when he interviews Kinsey. Who is it?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)