|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bailey was picked up in Los Angeles not long before Kinsey was hired. Why?
(a) He had a lot of unpaid traffic violations.
(b) He had adopted the same name as another man wanted by the police.
(c) He had assaulted a policeman.
(d) A neighbor had reported him as suspicious.
2. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
(a) That she knew nothing about it.
(b) That Shana suspected Bailey still had it.
(c) That Jean had spent it on a car before she died.
(d) That the Fowlers had used it to repair the motel.
3. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
(a) That he had gotten very drunk.
(b) That he had confessed to killing Jean.
(c) This individual tells Kinsey that Tap got a call from someone with a slurred voice.
(d) That he threatened to turn Bailey in.
4. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
(a) They jumped into a car and sped off.
(b) They were picked up by an accomplice in a van.
(c) The man with the gun was killed by deputies and Bailey escaped.
(d) The man with the gun surrendered and Bailey escaped.
5. Who burst into the courtroom and yelled "Freeze!"?
(a) A man in a red mask.
(b) A man in a green hooded jacket.
(c) A man in a yellow tee shirt.
(d) A man in cowboy boots.
6. In the Royce's motel lobby, Kinsey finds a pamphlet for the Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs. What does the pamphlet advertise?
(a) A serenity retreat.
(b) An exercise and diet center.
(c) Mud baths, hot tubs, and rooms.
(d) A convention hall.
7. When Kinsey sees Shana for the first time, why is she surprised?
(a) She looks exactly like Jean.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She looks a lot like Kinsey.
(d) That she looks young for her age.
8. After Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer for the first time, Kinsey goes to the high school that Jean attended. What is the name of the high school?
(a) Santa Teresa High School
(b) San Luis Obispo High School
(c) Central Coast High School
(d) Lincoln High School
9. Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer soon after she leaves the motel for the first time. What is his lawyer's name?
(a) Jack Clemson.
(b) Henry Haws.
(c) Tap Granger.
(d) John Granger.
10. On the phone to him in her new motel room, what does Kinsey try to talk Bailey into doing?
(a) Running away with her.
(b) Turning himself in.
(c) Seeing his father one last time.
(d) Leaving the state.
11. What does Kinsey notice about the hot tubs at the spa she visited after Bailey's escape?
(a) They are the most expensive money can buy.
(b) They are named after colors.
(c) They need cleaning.
(d) That they have names like "Serenity" and "Meditation".
12. After having tea with Ann, Kinsey goes to her motel room. What does she discover?
(a) That someone turned on the water in her room and flooded it.
(b) That someone has broken into her room.
(c) That the cleaning woman spilled cleaning fluid all over the carpet.
(d) That her air conditioner has broken.
13. Who is the owner of the spa Kinsey goes to visit?
(a) Dr. Cohen.
(b) Dr. Dunne.
(c) Dr. White.
(d) Dr. Dermot.
14. After Bailey escapes, Kinsey returns to the motel with Royce. A lot of people show up, including one that Kinsey instantly disliked. Who was this person?
(a) Reverend Haws.
(b) Elva Summers.
(c) Ori's sister.
(d) June Shales.
15. Kinsey spends hours talking to someone after Bailey hung up on her. Who did she talk to?
(a) Alex Millhone.
(b) Dwight Swales.
(c) Sal Quintana.
(d) David Poletti.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Jean's old high school, where does Kinsey find photos of her?
2. What was the name of the night manager at the Fowler's motel?
3. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
4. The day after talking with Tap Granger, why does Kinsey go with Royce to the courthouse?
5. The evening of her angry confrontation with Royce, Kinsey has tea with Ann. What does Ann tell her about her childhood?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)