|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Bailey serve in prison for his conviction in the death of Jean Timberlake before he escaped?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Fourteen months.
(d) Eighteen months.
2. The day after talking with Tap Granger, why does Kinsey go with Royce to the courthouse?
(a) To watch the trial of a local drug trafficker.
(b) To watch Bailey's trial.
(c) To search for Jean's death certificate.
(d) To see Bailey's arraignment.
3. How much time did Bailey serve for his first charge?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
4. What does Shana tell Kinsey about her relationship with Jean just before she died?
(a) They had become distant because of Jean's lifestyle.
(b) They were close but Jean had taken to sneaking out of their apartment.
(c) That Shana had been against Jean leaving town for college.
(d) It was close but Jean preferred staying with her aunt.
5. What problem does Ann have with her mother?
(a) Her mother never lets Ann out of her sight.
(b) She won't let Ann give her her medicine.
(c) It is impossible to lift her mother.
(d) Her mother is very hard to please.
6. Bailey's first criminal charge involved another individual. What was his name?
(a) Danny Haws.
(b) John Clemson.
(c) Mel Lemay.
(d) Tap Granger.
7. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
(a) That she is incompetent.
(b) That it is up to her - she must come up with something that will prove Bailey's innocence.
(c) That she is too attractive to be a private investigator.
(d) That she should return to her home town to avoid being killed.
8. How is Shana Timberlake related to Jean?
(a) She is her aunt.
(b) She is her sister.
(c) She is her mother.
(d) She is her cousin.
9. On the phone to him in her new motel room, what does Kinsey try to talk Bailey into doing?
(a) Leaving the state.
(b) Seeing his father one last time.
(c) Running away with her.
(d) Turning himself in.
10. Which of the following was not true about Jean?
(a) Her mother still lived in town.
(b) She had worked at the Royce's motel.
(c) She was a college student when she died.
(d) She was illegitimate.
11. Kinsey decides to visit a high school classmate of Jean's. She goes to see David Poletti. What does he do for a living?
(a) He's an accountant.
(b) He's a psychiatrist.
(c) He's a dentist.
(d) He's a drywall hanger.
12. What is the result of Kinsey's anger with Royce?
(a) He falls and hits his head.
(b) He has a stroke.
(c) He has an epileptic seizure.
(d) He has a coughing fit and can't breathe.
13. After she visits Shana, how does Royce make Kinsey angry?
(a) He tells her he wasn't going to pay her.
(b) He tells her that she shouldn't talk to Shana.
(c) He tells her she is not bright enough for the job.
(d) He tries to tell her how to run her investigation.
14. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To do some shopping.
(b) To the local newspaper office.
(c) To the pool hall.
(d) To the gym.
15. While Kinsey is talking to Bailey on the phone in her new motel room, what does he do?
(a) He begins to talk to someone who is with him.
(b) He hung up suddenly.
(c) He starts to cry.
(d) He starts to curse at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the spa Kinsey goes to visit?
2. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
3. Who burst into the courtroom and yelled "Freeze!"?
4. When Kinsey is settled into her new motel room, Bailey calls her. What does he tell her?
5. After having tea with Ann, Kinsey goes to her motel room. What does she discover?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)