|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey gets another call right after she talks to Bailey from her new motel room. Who wants to talk to her?
(a) One of the motel's former employees.
(b) Royce's doctor.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A homicide detective.
2. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
(a) A jukebox.
(b) The crowd at the restaurant.
(c) The car Shana is riding in.
(d) A mechanical horse.
3. A man named Royce hires Kinsey to investigate the case. How is he connected to Bailey?
(a) He is his lawyer.
(b) He is his uncle.
(c) He is his father.
(d) He is is agent.
4. After Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer for the first time, Kinsey goes to the high school that Jean attended. What is the name of the high school?
(a) Central Coast High School
(b) Lincoln High School
(c) Santa Teresa High School
(d) San Luis Obispo High School
5. Kinsey goes to visit Shana, who takes a shower. What does Kinsey do while Shana is in the shower?
(a) Tidy up Shana's place.
(b) Make some phone calls.
(c) Read Shana's diary.
(d) Snoop through her purse.
6. Who did the man who hauled Bailey out of the courtroom turn out to be?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A policeman.
(c) John Clemson.
(d) Tap Granger.
7. Kinsey spends hours talking to someone after Bailey hung up on her. Who did she talk to?
(a) David Poletti.
(b) Alex Millhone.
(c) Sal Quintana.
(d) Dwight Swales.
8. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Tap Granger.
(b) Henry Pitts.
(c) Jack Clemson.
(d) Dwight Shales.
9. What does Tap tell Kinsey happened with the proceeds of his and Bailey's crimes?
(a) That they had purchased a condo.
(b) That he didn't know.
(c) That it was in a bank account in San Diego.
(d) That they had spent it all.
10. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A high school guidance counselor.
(d) An accountant.
11. What does Kinsey find out had happened to Tap after he went to the bathroom?
(a) He took sick suddenly and went home.
(b) His wife showed up demanding he get home.
(c) He gave someone a lift to the next town.
(d) He had gotten a phone call and left.
12. Where do Royce Fowler and his wife live?
(a) In their motel, in an apartment behind the main desk.
(b) In a house across the highway from the motel.
(c) On the entire ground floor of the motel.
(d) In a separate bungalow on the property.
13. What does the man who burst into the courtroom do, before hauling Bailey out of the courtroom with him?
(a) He screamed obscenties.
(b) He waved his gun and laughed hysterically.
(c) He ran around pointing a gun and saying "Gotcha!"
(d) He shot into the ceiling.
14. The evening of her angry confrontation with Royce, Kinsey has tea with Ann. What does Ann tell her about her childhood?
(a) That she was sickly and her parents were not affectionate.
(b) That is was restrictive living in a motel.
(c) That she was the most popular girl in town.
(d) That it was very happy and her parents favored her over Bailey.
15. What does Kinsey notice about the hot tubs at the spa she visited after Bailey's escape?
(a) That they have names like "Serenity" and "Meditation".
(b) They are the most expensive money can buy.
(c) They are named after colors.
(d) They need cleaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kinsey asks the wife of the owner of the spa about Jean Timberlake, what is her response?
2. After meeting Oribelle and Ann for the first time at the motel, where does Kinsey go?
3. Why did Kinsey feel uncomfortable at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What is the result of Kinsey's anger with Royce?
5. After having tea with Ann, Kinsey goes to her motel room. What does she discover?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)