|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kinsey usually live?
(a) In a bungalow in Floral Beach.
(b) In a small apartment in Santa Teresa.
(c) In a town house in San Luis Obispo.
(d) In a condo in Los Angeles.
2. What kind of life does Tap tell Kinsey he is living now?
(a) He hates his job and wants a new career.
(b) He loves his wife but doesn't want to be a father.
(c) He is trapped in an unhappy marriage.
(d) He is respectable, and married with children.
3. When Bailey was charged for the death of Jean Timberlake, what was the result?
(a) He escaped from the courthouse.
(b) He was sentenced to death.
(c) He was sentenced to life.
(d) He was sentenced for ten years.
4. Royce believes Bailey is innocent and has a good reason to want his innocence proven soon. What is it?
(a) Royce is dying of cancer.
(b) Bailey owes him money.
(c) Royce knows the real killer is about to leave the country.
(d) Bailey stands to inherit a lot of money if he's innocent.
5. Who did the man who hauled Bailey out of the courtroom turn out to be?
(a) Tap Granger.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A reporter.
(d) John Clemson.
6. What does Bailey's lawyer do while Kinsey talks to him?
(a) Run on his treadmill.
(b) Talk on his phone.
(c) Eat a pizza.
7. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
(a) At Bailey's old apartment.
(b) The local bar.
(c) At a beach house.
(d) The gas station where he works.
8. What does Tap tell Kinsey happened with the proceeds of his and Bailey's crimes?
(a) That it was in a bank account in San Diego.
(b) That they had spent it all.
(c) That they had purchased a condo.
(d) That he didn't know.
9. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Jack Clemson.
(b) Dwight Shales.
(c) Henry Pitts.
(d) Tap Granger.
10. After Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer for the first time, Kinsey goes to the high school that Jean attended. What is the name of the high school?
(a) San Luis Obispo High School
(b) Central Coast High School
(c) Santa Teresa High School
(d) Lincoln High School
11. How is Shana Timberlake related to Jean?
(a) She is her cousin.
(b) She is her aunt.
(c) She is her sister.
(d) She is her mother.
12. Kinsey decides to visit a high school classmate of Jean's. She goes to see David Poletti. What does he do for a living?
(a) He's a psychiatrist.
(b) He's a drywall hanger.
(c) He's an accountant.
(d) He's a dentist.
13. The evening of her angry confrontation with Royce, Kinsey has tea with Ann. What does Ann tell her about her childhood?
(a) That it was very happy and her parents favored her over Bailey.
(b) That she was sickly and her parents were not affectionate.
(c) That is was restrictive living in a motel.
(d) That she was the most popular girl in town.
14. Where does Kinsey go after returning Royce to the motel after Bailey's escape?
(a) To the Santa Teresa Inn.
(b) To the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel.
(c) To the Sunshine Spa.
(d) To the Floral Springs Hotel.
15. What had happened to Kinsey's residence during her last case?
(a) It was destroyed by fire.
(b) It had suffered heavy flood damage.
(c) It had been damaged in an earthquake.
(d) It had been bombed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey speaks to a large blond woman the first time she visits the spa. Who was this woman?
2. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
3. After meeting Oribelle and Ann for the first time at the motel, where does Kinsey go?
4. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
5. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)