|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Kinsey is looking at the pamphlet for Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs, what does Ann Fowler tell her?
(a) That she doesn't think the truth of the case will ever come out.
(b) That Jean Timberlake had worked there.
(c) That she believes Bailey killed Jean.
(d) That she hates her brother.
2. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
(a) She thinks she might be falling in love with him.
(b) She thinks he might have a shady past.
(c) She thinks he is overcharging her on rent.
(d) She lost her parents as a child and doesn't want to become attached to him.
3. How does Kinsey express her anger with Royce?
(a) She bad-mouths him to Ann right in front of him.
(b) She tells him if he doesn't like the way things are, he could hire someone else.
(c) She threatens to call the police.
(d) She tells him she wants off the case.
4. After Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer for the first time, Kinsey goes to the high school that Jean attended. What is the name of the high school?
(a) Central Coast High School
(b) Santa Teresa High School
(c) San Luis Obispo High School
(d) Lincoln High School
5. Bailey was picked up in Los Angeles not long before Kinsey was hired. Why?
(a) He had a lot of unpaid traffic violations.
(b) He had adopted the same name as another man wanted by the police.
(c) He had assaulted a policeman.
(d) A neighbor had reported him as suspicious.
Short Answer Questions
1. The evening of her angry confrontation with Royce, Kinsey has tea with Ann. What does Ann tell her about her childhood?
2. What does Shana deny to Kinsey concerning Jean?
3. What is Bailey's attitude when Kinsey first meets with him?
4. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
5. Kinsey spends hours talking to someone after Bailey hung up on her. Who did she talk to?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)