|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kinsey gets home from her run after her first visit to Floral Beach, what does she do?
(a) Goes through old newspaper clippings about Bailey and Jean.
(b) Looks for Bailey and Jean on the Internet.
(c) Phones Bailey's lawyer.
(d) Phones some of Bailey's high school friends.
2. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
(a) She thinks he is overcharging her on rent.
(b) She thinks he might have a shady past.
(c) She lost her parents as a child and doesn't want to become attached to him.
(d) She thinks she might be falling in love with him.
3. Bailey's first criminal charge involved another individual. What was his name?
(a) Tap Granger.
(b) Danny Haws.
(c) Mel Lemay.
(d) John Clemson.
4. Bailey's lawyer tells Kinsey about Bailey's first criminal charge when he had just finished high school. What was it for?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Passing bad checks.
(d) Petty theft.
5. In the Royce's motel lobby, Kinsey finds a pamphlet for the Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs. What does the pamphlet advertise?
(a) A serenity retreat.
(b) A convention hall.
(c) Mud baths, hot tubs, and rooms.
(d) An exercise and diet center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bailey feel he got burned on his first case?
2. Royce believes Bailey is innocent and has a good reason to want his innocence proven soon. What is it?
3. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
4. How long did Bailey serve in prison for his conviction in the death of Jean Timberlake before he escaped?
5. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)