|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kinsey start to feel uneasy about Dwight when they are talking?
(a) His hands are shaking a lot.
(b) He drinks three alcoholic drinks very quickly.
(c) He is sweating a lot and his eyes are shifty.
(d) He is talking too casually and trying too hard to be "normal".
2. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
(a) That Rick was telling the truth about when he saw Bailey and Jean.
(b) That Curtis Pearl had threatened to kill his son if he told the truth.
(c) That Rick was lying about what time he'd seen Bailey and Jean the night she died.
(d) That Kinsey better leave town or she'd be sorry.
3. Why is Kinsey eager to get away from Ann and Ori at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Ann and Ori were arguing loudly.
(b) Kinsey was bored being around them.
(c) Ann was about to give Ori an injection.
(d) Ann and Ori were asking Kinsey very personal questions.
4. After badgering him about Jean, what does Dwight Shales admit?
(a) That he was her father.
(b) That he had served time for assaulting a woman.
(c) That he had an affair with Jean before she died.
(d) That he wanted to date Kinsey.
5. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
(a) That she should return to her home town to avoid being killed.
(b) That she is incompetent.
(c) That she is too attractive to be a private investigator.
(d) That it is up to her - she must come up with something that will prove Bailey's innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
2. Kinsey speaks to a large blond woman the first time she visits the spa. Who was this woman?
3. What does the angry person do to Kinsey after showing up at the restaurant?
4. What information is in the item that Kinsey finds outside Shana's apartment?
5. Bailey's first criminal charge involved another individual. What was his name?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)