• Kinsey Millhone, a private investigator based in Santa Teresa, California, is in Floral Beach, CA on a case.
• She has been hired by Royce Fowler, an elderly man who is dying of cancer.
• Royce's son, Bailey, is in jail after being on the run for sixteen years.
• Seventeen years ago, Bailey had been sentenced for the death of fellow teenager Jean Timberlake, whose body was found on an area beach.
• Bailey was the last one to be seen with Jean and was tried for her murder.
• A year into his sentence, Bailey escaped and was only recently picked up. He had adopted the alias, Peter Lambert, however after his prints were run, his true identity was revealed.
• Kinsey, who is temporary living with her landlord, takes the case to keep busy.
• After taking the case, she spends the night going through old news clippings about...
This section contains 3,448 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)