|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Filip and the others throw on top of the mountain of bodies in the pit?
(a) Dirty snow.
(c) The clothes of the dead.
(d) Chlorinated lime.
2. What happened to Filip and the others as they were driven past the town of Auschwitz with the corpses?
(a) They fell off the truck.
(b) They began to have severe panic attacks.
(c) They were pinned down by the corpses' movement.
(d) They were given more bread by the driver.
3. What was the title given to Filip's working party by Stark?
(a) Fischl Team.
(c) Muller People.
(d) Auschwitz Army.
4. What was the emblem on the side of the truck that took the men back and forth to the mass grave?
(a) The International Red Cross.
(b) A skull and crossbones.
(c) The Nazi Swastika.
(d) A dove.
5. Who was Fischl?
(a) The inmate who cleaned the oven grates.
(b) One of the SS soldiers.
(c) The inmate who refused to remove a corpse's gold teeth.
(d) The guard in charge of the crematorium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the people in the crematorium killed with?
2. Where were Filip and Maurice taken after being caught at the tea vats?
3. When hundred of prisoners were beaten and ordered to undress in the yard, what did Fischl do?
4. What did the green triangle on the uniform of the block clerk, Vacek, signify?
5. What was the ultimate fate of the prisoners that Vacek pulled out of the ranks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Filip's health deteriorate at the time he was given the job of stripping dead bodies of their clothes?
2. Why did the lawyer standing next to Muller begin to complain?
3. Describe the cell that Filip and the others were taken to after they had put the corpses into the pit.
4. What did Vacek do when the men got in line behind the wooden tea vats?
5. Besides the gas chamber, what other means of mass murder were used at Auschwitz?
6. What was "sport" at Auschwitz?
7. What plan did Filip's bunk mate have in order to quench their thirst?
8. Whose dead body did Filip realize he was taking cheese and matches from in the crematorium in Chapter 2?
9. Explain the orders Vacek gave to the prisoners in the yard of Block 11.
10. When Filip and the others were ordered to search and separate the victim's clothing in Chapter 2, how were the items sorted?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)