|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Inferno.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was eventually done with the two groups witnessing and helping with the gassing of prisoners in Chapter 2?
(a) They were killed and replaced.
(b) They were put together as a crematorium working party.
(c) They were further separated into three groups.
(d) They were caught joking about the process.
2. What did the statement, "he has gone to the wire" refer to?
(a) A prisoner who escapes past the wired fence.
(b) A prisoner who was killed by running into the electrified fence.
(c) The birds sitting on the wire fences.
(d) Someone who dared to climb the barbed-wire fence and fell.
3. What did a female prisoner who was slowly stripping off her clothes do?
(a) Slammed her high heel into Quackernack's forehead.
(b) Foamed at her mouth in madness.
(c) Punched Quackernack in the groin.
(d) Ripped her skin with her fingernails.
4. Who did the SS men believe to be responsible for the fire in the crematorium's chimney?
(c) Three prisoners who had refused to work anymore.
(d) Filip and Maurice.
5. What did Filip and the others throw on top of the mountain of bodies in the pit?
(a) The clothes of the dead.
(c) Chlorinated lime.
(d) Dirty snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Sonderkommandos have their own hospital?
2. What were SS men most likely to be bribed with?
3. Why were the prisoners so concerned about lice?
4. What did the SS men give Filip and the others before they boarded the truck holding the dead?
5. What was the ultimate fate of the prisoners that Vacek pulled out of the ranks?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)