|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Inferno.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Serge so angry at Dr. Pach for giving medical treatment to prisoners?
(a) He wanted Dr. Pach's job.
(b) He had been beaten because the sick rate was too high.
(c) He believed all prisoners were faking it.
(d) He was sick and had not been treated.
2. How did Filip know Alfred Wetzler?
(a) From school.
(b) From the crematorium.
(c) From the Jewish ghetto.
(d) From Auschwitz.
3. In Chapter 3, when a crowd of 1,000 people undressed, what did they begin to do when they realized they would be killed?
(a) They began to dress again.
(b) Cried and prayed silently.
(d) Threw their clothing at the German soldiers.
4. What did the contents of the note that Voss received in Chapter 4 tell him to do?
(a) Release the inmates of the Family Camp.
(b) Make room for the arrival of another Family.
(c) Deconstruct the Family Camp the following week.
(d) Gas the inmates of the Family Camp.
5. What was one of Vacek's commands to the lined-up prisoners in the yard of Block 11?
(a) "Forward march!"
(c) "Silence now!"
(d) "Caps off!"
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had the prisoners already repeated Vacek's same command at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. How many blankets did a prisoner in the block receive?
3. What did the statement, "he has gone to the wire" refer to?
4. What was Filip ordered to do to the dead bodies in the cremation room?
5. What sort of work were the members of Filip's group sent to do in Chapter 5?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)