|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Inferno.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was compulsory on a Sunday afternoon?
(a) Pledges to the fuhrer.
(c) A long hike for exercise.
(d) A rest.
2. What did the word "organize" mean in the camp's slang?
(a) To order goods.
(b) To give orders to prisoners.
(c) To clean.
(d) To steal.
3. What was one of Vacek's commands to the lined-up prisoners in the yard of Block 11?
(a) "Caps off!"
(b) "Forward march!"
(d) "Silence now!"
4. Who was called the "Angel of Death" by the men in the Sonderkommando?
5. What did the prisoners of the ash team do as they worked?
(b) Prayed silently.
(c) Spoke of their backgrounds to one another.
(d) Sang cheerful songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the place known as "Mexico"?
2. What did Vacek order to be done with the tea that the prisoners were to drink?
3. What happened to the people who attempted to escape the Polish ghettos?
4. How did the Family Camp react to the news that they would be gassed?
5. How did prisoners have to do their weekly shaving?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)