|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Tragedy of the Family Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When one of the Sonderkommandos told a woman he recognized that she was about to be gassed to death, what did she do?
(a) Calmly agreed to spread the word.
(b) Disfigured herself with her nails and foamed at the mouth.
(c) Committed suicide.
(d) Cried silently.
2. How many times had the prisoners already repeated Vacek's same command at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 120 times.
(c) 100 times.
(d) 30 times.
3. Where was it most difficult for a prisoner to go?
(a) The black wall.
(b) The women's camp.
(d) The crematorium.
4. What did the statement, "he has gone to the wire" refer to?
(a) The birds sitting on the wire fences.
(b) A prisoner who escapes past the wired fence.
(c) A prisoner who was killed by running into the electrified fence.
(d) Someone who dared to climb the barbed-wire fence and fell.
5. Why was Roehrig, a block senior, transferred to a penal company?
(a) He would not have his head shaved.
(b) He refused to use a truncheon on prisoners.
(c) He stole a gold chain.
(d) He tried to help some Family Camp members escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the SS men do as the prisoners from the Family Camp began to sing as they were pushed towards the gas chambers?
2. Who did Filip notice in the front rank of the Sonderkommando group he was in at Birkenau?
3. What rank was Hauptsternfuhrer Hans Aumeier?
4. How long did Filip live in Block 11 in Auschwitz before being sent to Birkenau?
5. Who told Filip "..it is vital that you should see everything, experience everything, go through everything and consciously record everything in your mind"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)