|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Tragedy of the Family Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a Volksdeutscher?
(a) An ethnic German.
(b) A follower of Hitler.
(c) A person born and bred in Germany.
(d) A believer in the German tradition.
2. What did Filip do to quench his thirst on Sunday afternoon?
(a) Drink from puddles on the ground.
(b) Steal another prisoner's water.
(c) Drink the extra bowl of soup he managed to get.
(d) Sneak outside with his bunkmate.
3. What did some of the Family Camp prisoners shout as they awaited death in the crematorium?
(a) "End the war!"
(b) "You lied to us!"
(c) "We want to live!"
(d) "What is happening?"
4. After a while, how did Filip and other Sonderkommandos regard anybody arriving at the crematorium?
(a) As though they were family.
(b) With a glimmer of hope that someone would make it out alive.
(c) As doomed to die.
(d) As a victim of their own doing.
5. Who took over the executions when a young mother threw her murdered child at Voss?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the emblem on the side of the truck that took the men back and forth to the mass grave?
2. What was "Canada" in the camp?
3. While Filip was in the gas chamber, who did he look up to find surrounding him?
4. What was the title given to Filip's working party by Stark?
5. Who was Vacek's second victim to be pulled out of the ranks?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)