|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Tragedy of the Family Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the prisoners so concerned about lice?
(a) A prisoner with lice would be put in boiling hot water.
(b) Prisoners would be made to eat the lice.
(c) One infected louse could cause typhus and death.
(d) The itching was unbearable.
2. What did a Block Senior receive as a reward for making prisoners keep the block clean?
(a) An extra portion of soup.
(b) A reprieve from death.
(d) No beatings.
3. What was Filip's friend, the last of seven from his hometown of Sered, planning to do at the time he learned of the plan to inform the Family Camp of their impending death?
(a) Bribe an officer.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Organize some gold.
4. What was the name for a prisoner entrusted with special duties by the SS?
5. What was Sonderbehandlung?
(a) Secret code word for murdering.
(b) Penal company.
(c) Lance sergeant.
(d) Selection for extermination.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the SS treat the members of the Family Camp as they were entering the crematorium yard?
2. What did the girl, Yana, tell Filip to give to her boyfriend after she was dead?
3. What was a blockfuhrer?
4. What did almost every prisoner in the Sonderkommando spend a great deal of time doing?
5. What was one of Vacek's commands to the lined-up prisoners in the yard of Block 11?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)