|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Into the Crematorium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Filip do in order to get his father put on the bricklayers' team?
(a) Spoke to Obersturmfuhrer Weber.
(b) Smuggled him in.
(c) Bribed the Kapo.
(d) Pleaded with Mietek.
2. Why were the prisoners so concerned about lice?
(a) The itching was unbearable.
(b) Prisoners would be made to eat the lice.
(c) A prisoner with lice would be put in boiling hot water.
(d) One infected louse could cause typhus and death.
3. What was the name for a prisoner entrusted with special duties by the SS?
4. What was a Kapo?
(a) A German citizen.
(b) A prisoner in charge of a working party.
(c) The officer in command.
(d) The German officer who kept the peace among prisoners.
5. Why were the prisoners who were forced to participate in the preparations for the exterminations separated into two groups at first?
(a) To give them intimate knowledge of the methods being used.
(b) To separate men from women.
(c) In case some of them died.
(d) To prevent detailed knowledge of the methods being used.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a prisoner approach Schlage as Schlage looked over the ranks of men?
2. What was the name of Filip's bunk mate in Chapter 1?
3. Where were Filip and Maurice taken after being caught at the tea vats?
4. Where did Stark bring Maurice and Filip after they were caught stealing tea?
5. What were Filip and the others ordered to do with the clothing left behind by those just murdered in the crematorium?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)