|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Into the Crematorium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vacek order to be done with the tea that the prisoners were to drink?
(a) Have it thrown into the men's faces.
(b) It would be sent back to be used the next day.
(c) It was to be used for the evening's bath.
(d) Have it thrown into the gully-drain.
2. What were the people in the crematorium killed with?
(a) Lethal injections.
(b) Electric shocks.
(c) Poison gas.
(d) Machine guns.
3. What was the emblem on the side of the truck that took the men back and forth to the mass grave?
(a) The International Red Cross.
(b) A dove.
(c) The Nazi Swastika.
(d) A skull and crossbones.
4. Before the SS men poured the deadly gas crystals into the gas chamber, what did they do?
(a) Put on gas masks.
(b) Turned on the truck engines.
(c) Turned the hot water on for the showers.
(d) Told the people inside to lie down.
5. What was the inscription on the camp gate?
(a) "Work liberates."
(b) "Heil Hitler."
(c) "Work Is Good For the Soul."
(d) "Camp Auschwitz."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who caught Muller at the cauldron of tea?
2. What did a Block Senior receive as a reward for making prisoners keep the block clean?
3. What happened to the women in Block 10 at Auschwitz?
4. What was the ultimate fate of the prisoners that Vacek pulled out of the ranks?
5. What was the name for a prisoner entrusted with special duties by the SS?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)