|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Into the Crematorium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ultimate fate of the prisoners that Vacek pulled out of the ranks?
(a) They were beaten to death with truncheons.
(b) They were shot on the spot.
(c) They were fed to increase their strength.
(d) They were sent to the gas chamber.
2. What did Filip do in order to get his father put on the bricklayers' team?
(a) Pleaded with Mietek.
(b) Smuggled him in.
(c) Spoke to Obersturmfuhrer Weber.
(d) Bribed the Kapo.
3. What was the view for the prisoners when they were moved from the dungeon to Cell 13?
(a) A field of grass.
(b) The entrace to the women's camp.
(c) The area where executions took place.
(d) The guard towers.
4. What was Vacek's first victim's handicap?
(a) He was missing his right leg.
(b) He was partially deaf.
(c) His right hand was paralyzed.
(d) He had a limp.
5. What size was the cell that Filip and the others were brought to at the end of their eventful day in Chapter 2?
(a) Three paces long by three paces wide.
(b) As large as the crematorium.
(c) Eight feet by ten feet.
(d) There was no way to tell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the SS men so concerned when they saw the bodies in the pit in the daylight?
2. What was the only Polish word that Aumeier learned in order to make himself understood by his victims?
3. What did a Block Senior receive as a reward for making prisoners keep the block clean?
4. What did Vacek order to be done with the tea that the prisoners were to drink?
5. What is the name of the town that Filip Muller is from?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)