|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Into the Crematorium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank was Hauptsternfuhrer Hans Aumeier?
2. What did Vacek order to be done with the tea that the prisoners were to drink?
(a) It would be sent back to be used the next day.
(b) Have it thrown into the men's faces.
(c) It was to be used for the evening's bath.
(d) Have it thrown into the gully-drain.
3. What did Filip and the others throw on top of the mountain of bodies in the pit?
(a) Chlorinated lime.
(b) The clothes of the dead.
(d) Dirty snow.
4. What was one of Vacek's commands to the lined-up prisoners in the yard of Block 11?
(a) "Forward march!"
(c) "Silence now!"
(d) "Caps off!"
5. What was the emblem on the side of the truck that took the men back and forth to the mass grave?
(a) The International Red Cross.
(b) A dove.
(c) The Nazi Swastika.
(d) A skull and crossbones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town that Filip Muller is from?
2. What were Filip and the others ordered to do with the clothing left behind by those just murdered in the crematorium?
3. What did Filip imagine might be done to him if they tied his hands behind his back?
4. Who was Schlage?
5. Who caught Muller at the cauldron of tea?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)