|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Into the Crematorium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times had the prisoners already repeated Vacek's same command at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) 30 times.
(c) 120 times.
(d) 100 times.
2. Who was Vacek's second victim to be pulled out of the ranks?
(a) A deaf tailor.
(b) A half-blind singer.
(c) A man whose cap did not fit.
(d) A man with thick eyeglasses.
3. What did Vacek do to the prisoner who was mumbling next to Muller?
(a) Reported him to Schlage.
(b) Beat him to death.
(c) Shot him at point blank range.
(d) Ordered him to the gas chamber.
4. Why were the prisoners so concerned about lice?
(a) One infected louse could cause typhus and death.
(b) A prisoner with lice would be put in boiling hot water.
(c) The itching was unbearable.
(d) Prisoners would be made to eat the lice.
5. How did prisoners have to do their weekly shaving?
(a) With the edges of cutting knives.
(b) With cold water, no soap and blunt razors.
(c) With tiny scissors.
(d) WIthout any water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vacek order to be done with the tea that the prisoners were to drink?
2. Who was SS-Untersturmfuhrer Max Grabner?
3. What did the green triangle on the uniform of the block clerk, Vacek, signify?
4. What was the ultimate fate of the prisoners that Vacek pulled out of the ranks?
5. What did a Block Senior receive as a reward for making prisoners keep the block clean?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)