|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Into the Crematorium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the women in Block 10 at Auschwitz?
(a) They were left to die.
(b) They were treated fairly well.
(c) They were sterilized.
(d) They were raped.
2. Who did the SS men believe to be responsible for the fire in the crematorium's chimney?
(a) Three prisoners who had refused to work anymore.
(d) Filip and Maurice.
3. What was eventually done with the two groups witnessing and helping with the gassing of prisoners in Chapter 2?
(a) They were killed and replaced.
(b) They were further separated into three groups.
(c) They were caught joking about the process.
(d) They were put together as a crematorium working party.
4. Why did a prisoner approach Schlage as Schlage looked over the ranks of men?
(a) He asked for more food for the men.
(b) To show him his wounds.
(c) To complain about Vacek's murders.
(d) To beg for mercy.
5. What did the author overhear the prisoner next to him saying in Chapter 1?
(a) Nonsensical mumbling.
(b) Curses at the Germans.
(c) Prayers to God to save him.
(d) Mumbles of disbelief at the happenings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many blankets did a prisoner in the block receive?
2. What is the Polish name for the town the Germans called Auschwitz?
3. What did Filip imagine might be done to him if they tied his hands behind his back?
4. What did Maurice and Filip do with the crowbars and hammers Stark gave them?
5. Who caught Muller at the cauldron of tea?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)