|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, No Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many blankets did a prisoner in the block receive?
(a) One blanket.
(c) One blanket was shared by two prisoners.
(d) One and an extra if it was very cold.
2. What happened to the women in Block 10 at Auschwitz?
(a) They were raped.
(b) They were left to die.
(c) They were sterilized.
(d) They were treated fairly well.
3. How many times had the prisoners already repeated Vacek's same command at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 120 times.
(c) 30 times.
(d) 100 times.
4. What did Vacek order to be done with the tea that the prisoners were to drink?
(a) It would be sent back to be used the next day.
(b) Have it thrown into the gully-drain.
(c) Have it thrown into the men's faces.
(d) It was to be used for the evening's bath.
5. Who was the man muttering to himself in the ranks next to Muller?
(a) A lawyer from Muller's hometown.
(b) An old school chum of Muller's.
(c) Muller's father.
(d) A Rabbi that Muller once knew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name for a prisoner entrusted with special duties by the SS?
2. What was the midday meal for prisoners?
3. Who was Vacek's second victim to be pulled out of the ranks?
4. How did prisoners have to do their weekly shaving?
5. Who was Schlage?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)