|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The New Death Factories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Serge so angry at Dr. Pach for giving medical treatment to prisoners?
(a) He had been beaten because the sick rate was too high.
(b) He believed all prisoners were faking it.
(c) He wanted Dr. Pach's job.
(d) He was sick and had not been treated.
2. When one of the Sonderkommandos told a woman he recognized that she was about to be gassed to death, what did she do?
(a) Committed suicide.
(b) Disfigured herself with her nails and foamed at the mouth.
(c) Calmly agreed to spread the word.
(d) Cried silently.
3. Who was SS-Untersturmfuhrer Max Grabner?
(a) Chief of the crematorium operations.
(b) Top sergeant of the SS.
(c) Master of the main camp.
(d) Chief of the Gestapo's political department.
4. What did Filip encounter when he went to Crematorium 3 for the first time?
(a) Hair being made into wigs.
(b) Women's hair being shaved off their heads.
(c) Women's hair drying on the brick floor.
(d) Stray hairs blowing in the wind.
5. How many blankets did a prisoner in the block receive?
(b) One blanket was shared by two prisoners.
(c) One blanket.
(d) One and an extra if it was very cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. When hundred of prisoners were beaten and ordered to undress in the yard, what did Fischl do?
2. How was the crowd treated by the "representative of the Foreign Ministry"?
3. When the SS men assembled about 2,000 people to the crematorium yard in Chapter 3, what did one man lead the people to do?
4. Why did Filip assume that a car with its headlamps on was driving behind the truck with the prisoners and the corpses?
5. What was one of Vacek's commands to the lined-up prisoners in the yard of Block 11?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)