|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Tragedy of the Family Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the crowd treated by the "representative of the Foreign Ministry"?
(b) As though they were Aryan citizens of the Reich.
(c) With roughness and sarcasm.
(d) Very politely.
2. Who was called the "Angel of Death" by the men in the Sonderkommando?
3. How did the Sonderkommando's doctor's wife try to follow him as he was being deported?
(a) She clung to his legs and was dragged along.
(b) She sewed a Star of David onto her coat.
(c) She bribed an SS man.
(d) She joined a crowd marked with the Star of David.
4. What did the contents of the note that Voss received in Chapter 4 tell him to do?
(a) Gas the inmates of the Family Camp.
(b) Make room for the arrival of another Family.
(c) Deconstruct the Family Camp the following week.
(d) Release the inmates of the Family Camp.
5. What was Auschwitz fashion?
(a) Wearing striped suits.
(b) Imitating the SS through dress.
(c) A coat with pockets for "organizing".
(d) Having a shaved head to avoid lice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave Filip some solace as his father's remains were burned in the crematorium?
2. What were the people in the crematorium killed with?
3. When the Nazis invaded Bohemia and Moravia in 1939, where were the Jews first removed from?
4. As Filip considered what his life would be like if he survived the war, he thought of running into the FS men. Who were they?
5. What did the SS threaten the prisoners of the Family Camp with after a few of them rushed toward the doors and were killed?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)