|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 | Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is foreshadowed by the aborted murder attempt?
(a) One character's ability to get away with murder.
(b) The general dislike of the queen by everyone in the kingdom.
(c) One character's intention to gain control of the kingdom.
(d) A much larger plot to kill all of the royalty.
2. How would you describe Roland's wife?
(a) Very unpopular with the people of the kingdom.
(b) An old and stubborn woman.
(c) A young woman who has no interest in being queen.
(d) A young woman who will make a good queen.
3. How does the murderer guarantee help with the plot to kill the queen?
(a) By enlisting the aid of another murderer.
(b) By saving a young man's life.
(c) By acquiring skills in black magic.
(d) By buying the favor of the king.
4. Why does the king choose the gift that he gives his bride?
(a) It will prove how much he loves her.
(b) It will make her love him more.
(c) It will make her a better queen.
(d) It will help her feel better about leaving home.
5. What does the incident with the horse tell you about Peter?
(a) That he is selfish and unreliable.
(b) That he is careless and cruel.
(c) That he is kind and arrogant.
(d) That he is reliable and responsible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king's wife not use the wedding gift?
2. Which of the following themes is not introduced as the story progresses?
3. What is used in an aborted plot to kill the queen?
4. Who are Roland's sons?
5. What causes the queen's death?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)