|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only reason Grandma comes into Thomas's guest room the first two months that he is there?
(a) To collect rent.
(b) To make love.
(c) To yell at him.
(d) To clean.
2. Which direction direction does the long jumper run across Manhattan in preparation for his jump to the Sixth Borough?
3. How long does Thomas later learn the first bombing of Dresden lasted?
(a) Two hours.
(b) More than six hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Less than half an hour.
4. How fast is the Sixth Borough drifting away from New York in the story?
(a) Half a mile a year.
(b) 1 foot a year.
(c) 1 meter a year.
(d) 1 millimeter a year.
5. In Happiness, Happiness, what child actor does Jimmy make sexually explicit comments about?
(a) Haley Joel Osmond.
(b) Dakota Fanning.
(c) Jonathan Lipnicki.
(d) Emma Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two career paths does Allen Black imagine for his son in Happiness, Happiness?
2. What does Oskar suspect Feliz is lying about Agnes Black in Happiness, Happiness?
3. Why can Oskar not speak to A.R. Black at the beginning of A Simple Solution to an Impossible Problem?
4. Where is Thomas Schell as he writes in Why I'm Not Where You Are?
5. How does Abby Black know William Black?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oskar tell Thomas, Sr. over the course of Alive and Alone?
2. How does the sixth borough's drift affect a boy and girl in the story?
3. Why does the trip to Agnes Black's apartment stir Oskar's curiosity in Happiness, Happiness?
4. What is revealed by the long jump at the beginning of The Sixth Borough?
5. What does Stephen Hawking say to Oskar in A Simple Solution to an Impossible Problem?
6. What is the living arrangement between Grandma and Thomas in Why I'm Not Where You Are?
7. What can Thomas not bring himself to tell Grandma at the end of Why I'm Not Where You Are?
8. What decision does Oskar make at the end of Alive and Alone?
9. What does does Thomas tell his son about his and and his former wife's location at the beginning Why I'm Not Where You Are?
10. What is Oskar's attitude toward Dr. Fein?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)