|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oskar want to know how his father died?
(a) So that they can put it on the death certificate.
(b) So he can stop inventing ways.
(c) So he will know what to tell people.
(d) So he can stop having nightmares.
2. What type of lock does the key go with?
(a) A safety deposit box.
(b) A large chest.
(c) A door.
(d) An old automobile.
3. How did Agnes Black Die on September 11, 2001?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She worked in one of the towers.
(c) She was in one of the planes.
(d) She was hit by debris.
4. Which of the following is a borough of New York that Oskar determines he has never visited at the beginning of The Sixth Borough?
(c) The Bronx.
5. What does Albert Black do for a living?
(d) Events planner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar respond to A.R. Black's announcement that he is quitting the search?
2. In his fourth message, what does Dad say the people in his tower are doing?
3. How long does Thomas later learn the first bombing of Dresden lasted?
4. What does Oskar suspect Feliz is lying about Agnes Black in Happiness, Happiness?
5. What is the only object Thomas retrieves in the rubble of Dresden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major item movement happens between the sixth borough and and Manhattan as it drifts off?
2. What can Thomas not bring himself to tell Grandma at the end of Why I'm Not Where You Are?
3. What does Stephen Hawking say to Oskar in A Simple Solution to an Impossible Problem?
4. Describe Thomas's experience during the bombing of Dresden.
5. How does Oskar's presentation go at the beginning of Happiness, Happiness?
6. What is the living arrangement between Grandma and Thomas in Why I'm Not Where You Are?
7. What is happening in Dad's fourth message?
8. What decision does Oskar make at the end of Alive and Alone?
9. How does Oskar Schell meet Thomas, Sr. at the beginning of Alive and Alone?
10. What does Dad relate about optimism to Oskar in the The Sixth Borough?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)