|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not evidence cited by Thomas Schell, Jr. of these existence of the Sixth Borough?
(a) The pH levels of the reservoir,
(b) A placard found on the bottom of the Hudson.
(c) Holes in the Central Park Zoo.
(d) Two names carved on a tree.
2. What continent, according to Thomas Schell, Jr. is now the home of the Sixth Borough?
(d) South America.
3. How long does A.R. help in the search before giving up in Alive and Alone?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 2 years.
4. In Why I'm Not Where You Are, where does Thomas say he wants to live with Anna?
(a) On the blue Danube.
(b) In the Gobi Desert.
(c) On the French Riviera.
(d) In the Alps.
5. Which of the following is a borough of New York that Oskar determines he has never visited at the beginning of The Sixth Borough?
(c) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Why I'm Not Where Your Are, how does Thomas Schell get from the airport to Grandma's building?
2. What is the only reason Grandma comes into Thomas's guest room the first two months that he is there?
3. What natural occurrence does Ruth Black talk about in Alive and Alone?
4. In A Simple Solution to an Impossible Problem, what does Oskar recall doing when dad calls on September 11, 2001?
5. On what floor of the Empire State Building did a plane crash in 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thomas's experience during the bombing of Dresden.
2. What does Stephen Hawking say to Oskar in A Simple Solution to an Impossible Problem?
3. What does Dad relate about optimism to Oskar in the The Sixth Borough?
4. What does does Thomas tell his son about his and and his former wife's location at the beginning Why I'm Not Where You Are?
5. What decision does Oskar make at the end of Alive and Alone?
6. Why does the trip to Agnes Black's apartment stir Oskar's curiosity in Happiness, Happiness?
7. How does Thomas, Sr. discover he has a son in Why I'm Not where You Are?
8. What does Thomas learn immediately before the bombing of Dresden begins?
9. What does Oskar tell Thomas, Sr. over the course of Alive and Alone?
10. How does Oskar Schell meet Thomas, Sr. at the beginning of Alive and Alone?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)