|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the letter that Grandma's own grandmother gives her in My Feelings?
(a) 1 word long.
(b) 1 sentence long.
(c) 67 pages long.
(d) 1 page long.
2. Why is Oskall Shell home alone on September 11, 2001?
(a) He is let out of school early.
(b) It is an in-service day.
(c) He is home sick.
(d) He sneaks out of school.
3. Which of the following is not a function Oskar Schell imagines for his talking teapot in What The?
(a) Sounds like a train.
(b) Recites Hamlet.
(c) Sings Yellow Submarine.
(d) Speaks like his father.
4. Where in New York is the narrator of Why I'm Not Where You Are when he meets his future wife?
(a) 59th and Lexington.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The Columbian Bakery.
(d) The Manhattan Bridge.
5. Which of the following acquaintances is not one that Grandma asks for a letter sample in My Feelings?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her gardener.
(c) Her piano teacher.
(d) A schoolmate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Oskar decide he wants to keep everything he loves at the end of Googolplex?
2. What words does Oskar Schell tell Abby Black define her in The Only Animal?
3. What logical reason does Oskar give for everyone in the world not being able to play Hamlet at the same time?
4. What does Jimmy do backstage that angers Oskar in Heavy Boots - Heavier Boots?
5. Which of the following is not an adjective that Anna uses to describe kissing in My Feelings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What cautionary story does Grandma's own grandmother tell in her letter in My Feelings?
2. When do Anna and Thomas discover they love each other in Why I'm Not Where You Are?
3. Describe Thomas's decision to leave Grandma in Why I'm Not Where You Are.
4. What did Oskar Schell do with the phone after his father's call on September 11, 2001?
5. Describe the phone call between Mom and Grandma in My Feelings.
6. What happens with Grandma on the evening of September 11, 2001?
7. What is Oskar's attitude toward Jimmy?
8. How does Oskar Schell fare in his first jujitsu class?
9. What does Oskar do with the key in this chapter?
10. How does Thomas Schell Sr. speak after losing his voice?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)