|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Googolplex, what does Oskar invent to go under his pillow?
(a) A fence.
(b) A time radio.
(c) A dictaphone.
(d) A drain.
2. What request does the woman in Why I'm Not Where You Are make of the narrator?
(a) That he smile for her.
(b) That he marry her.
(c) That he buy her a coffee.
(d) That he kiss her.
3. By the time Mom returns home in My Feeling, what does Grandma know?
(a) Her son is alive.
(b) Oskar knows his father is dead.
(c) Oskar is in denial.
(d) Mom was cheating on her son.
4. During their conversation in My Feelings, what does Mom do for Grandma for the first time?
(a) Admit she never loved Thomas.
(b) Say she loves her.
(c) Say thank you.
5. What famous person writes Oskar Schell in Googolplex?
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Ringo Starr.
(c) Michael Bloomberg.
(d) George W. Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Thomas writing Why I'm Not Where You Are?
2. What does Grandma give a child on the first Halloween with Thomas?
3. In Why I'm Not Where You Are, Thomas says he would give anything never to think of what again?
4. Oskar's father often tells him that he is too smart for what?
5. What is the first written single page message in Why I'm Not Where You Are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two ways does Oskar communicate with Grandma in Googolplex?
2. What happens in the airport in My Feelings?
3. What ideas does Oskar Schell come up with in the beginning of What The?
4. Describe Oscar's interplay with Gerald Thompson in What The?
5. How does Grandma begin to alienate Thomas Schell in My Feelings?
6. What is A.R. Black's card system?
7. What does Oskar do with the key in this chapter?
8. When does Grandma first see Thomas in Dresden?
9. How does Thomas Schell's silence affect his living situation?
10. How does Grandma write her memoirs in Why I'm Not Where You Are?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)