|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only object that Grandma has to remind her of her father?
(a) His hat.
(b) A photo of him in Berlin.
(c) His cane.
(d) A letter from him.
2. Where does Grandma catch up with Thomas in My Feelings?
(a) The airport.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The Columbian Bakery.
(d) The cemetary.
3. What advice does Thomas give Grandma regarding her memoir in Why I'm Not Where You Are?
(a) Keep it secret.
(b) Publish it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Never stop working on it.
4. What affliction does A.R. Black have?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He cannot walk.
(d) He has seizures.
5. Where is Mom when Oskar falls asleep on the night of September 11, 2001?
(a) Hanging posters around town.
(b) At ground zero.
(c) Sedated in her bedroom.
(d) Sitting next to him.
6. On what gift to his mother does Oskar leave a coded form of his father's last message in Googolplex?
(a) A cookie.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A painting.
7. Who is the first person to call Grandma after the planes his the Towers in My Feelings?
(d) Thomas, Sr.
8. What request does the woman in Why I'm Not Where You Are make of the narrator?
(a) That he kiss her.
(b) That he buy her a coffee.
(c) That he smile for her.
(d) That he marry her.
9. What does Thomas say he is going to do when he leaves the apartment in My Feelings?
(a) He is going to help Oskar in his quest.
(b) He is leaving her.
(c) He is going to buy her magazines.
(d) He is going to get breakfast.
10. Where is Oskar when Grandma finds him in My Feelings?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In Cenntral Park.
(c) In his Dad's closet.
(d) At her door.
11. Who is the only character to attend every performance of Hamlet in Heavy Boots - Heavier Boots?
(b) Abby Black.
(c) Oskar's Mother.
12. What does Thomas tell Grandma he has not done since coming to America in My Feelings?
(a) Kissed a woman.
(b) Made a sculture.
13. Oskar's father often tells him that he is too smart for what?
(b) This planet.
14. Which of the following is something that Oskar determines he will not be fore starting his quest on The Only Animal?
15. What request does Grandma make of her sister Anna in My Feelings?
(a) She wants her to leave Dresden forever.
(b) She wants to watch her kiss Thomas.
(c) She wants her to teach her how to waltz.
(d) She wants her to a dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Grandma when she writes the letter in My Feelings?
2. What question does Oskar ask his mother about Ron in Googolplex?
3. What does Oskar keep under his bed and listen to at night?
4. What does Abby Black refuse to do for Oskar in The Only Animal?
5. What is significant about Grandma's Dresden and Thomas dreams in My Feelings?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)