|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma notice about Thomas's clothes in My Feelings?
(a) They are from the fifties.
(b) They are strangely formal.
(c) They are out of season.
(d) They are muddy.
2. Which of the following is not a word that Oskar thinks would have been on his father's file card?
(d) Copy editor.
3. On what gift to his mother does Oskar leave a coded form of his father's last message in Googolplex?
(a) A painting.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A cookie.
4. What idea does Grandma have for her and Thomas's relationship in My Feelings?
(a) They should never see each other again.
(b) They should live in the airport.
(c) They should return to Dresden.
(d) They should only live together half the year.
5. What does Grandma regularly ask Thomas Schell to pick up at the airport for her?
(a) Newspapers and magazines.
(b) Baggage tags.
(c) Hairbrushes and combs.
(d) Racing forms.
6. What is written on key Oskar finds in Googolplex?
(c) P.O. 254.
7. What has Grandma told Oskar googolplex times?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That he is a blessing from God.
(c) How much she misses Germany.
(d) How grandpa petted every animal he saw.
8. As she watches images of the Towers falling, what does she say she is full of?
9. What is the only color that Oskar will wear?
10. What is tattooed on Thomas's right palm when Grandma sees him in Manhattan in My Feelings?
11. Why has Oskar never met his grandfather?
(a) He died in World War Two.
(b) He left his grandmother.
(c) He refuses to see anyone.
(d) He stayed in Europe after the War.
12. Where in New York is the narrator of Why I'm Not Where You Are when he meets his future wife?
(a) The Columbian Bakery.
(b) Central Park.
(c) 59th and Lexington.
(d) The Manhattan Bridge.
13. What is the last thing Grandma says to Oskar in My Feelings?
(a) Your best friend.
(b) Don't go away.
(c) Everything works out.
(d) I love you.
14. How long is the letter that Grandma's own grandmother gives her in My Feelings?
(a) 1 page long.
(b) 1 sentence long.
(c) 67 pages long.
(d) 1 word long.
15. In My Feelings, Thomas is unable to answer what he and Grandma are, between which two things?
(a) Lovers or Siblings.
(b) Together or Apart.
(c) Something or Nothing.
(d) Good or Bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma do at Thomas Schell's studio in My Feelings?
2. What does Thomas say he is going to do when he leaves the apartment in My Feelings?
3. What question does Oskar ask his mother about Ron in Googolplex?
4. What request does the woman in Why I'm Not Where You Are make of the narrator?
5. What affliction does A.R. Black have?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)