|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma say she wishes she could do near the end of My Feelings?
(a) She could trade places with her son.
(b) She could die on command.
(c) She could reverse the events of the day.
(d) She could see her husband for one more night.
2. To whom is the narrator of Why I'm Not Where You Are writing?
(a) His unborn son.
(c) His mother.
(d) His dead wife.
3. Who is the man in Abby Black's Village apartment?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
4. What is the last word that the narrator of Why I'm Not Where You Are is able to speak?
5. Which of the following is not a word that Oskar thinks would have been on his father's file card?
(d) Copy editor.
6. What does Jimmy do backstage that angers Oskar in Heavy Boots - Heavier Boots?
(a) He makes fun of Grandma.
(b) He calls Oskar a spaz.
(c) He pushes Milch.
(d) He intentionally makes Oskar miss his entrance.
7. What does Thomas say he is going to do when he leaves the apartment in My Feelings?
(a) He is going to help Oskar in his quest.
(b) He is going to buy her magazines.
(c) He is going to get breakfast.
(d) He is leaving her.
8. What does Mom ask Grandma to do when she calls her in My Feelings?
(a) Watch Oskar.
(b) Try to contact Thomas, Jr.
(c) Put up posters with her son's picture.
(d) Close the jewelry store.
9. Who is the first person to call Grandma after the planes his the Towers in My Feelings?
(d) Thomas, Sr.
10. According to Thomas in Why I'm Not Where You Are, what increased in number as he and Grandma's marriage developed?
11. What affliction does A.R. Black have?
(a) He cannot walk.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He has seizures.
12. Which famous person sends a form letter to Oskar Schell at the end of The Only Animal?
(a) Weird Al Yankovich.
(b) Stephen Hawking.
(c) Kofi Annan.
(d) Paul McCartney.
13. What famous person writes Oskar Schell in Googolplex?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Ringo Starr.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Michael Bloomberg.
14. Where do Grandma and Thomas go before coming home on their final night together?
(a) Central Park.
(b) The jewelry store.
(c) The Columbian Bakery.
(d) The airport.
15. What does Grandma give a child on the first Halloween with Thomas?
(b) A toaster.
(c) 200 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mom when Oskar falls asleep on the night of September 11, 2001?
2. Which of the following is not an adjective that Anna uses to describe kissing in My Feelings?
3. On what gift to his mother does Oskar leave a coded form of his father's last message in Googolplex?
4. Which famous British actor is pictured in the photos of Stuff That Happened to Me in Googolplex?
5. What idea does Grandma have for her and Thomas's relationship in My Feelings?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)