|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first business that Oskar consults about the key in Googolplex?
(a) A locksmith.
(b) An art store.
(c) His father's jewelry store.
(d) The family accountant.
2. What role does Oskar play in Hamlet?
(d) Hamlet's father.
3. What does Grandma give a child on the first Halloween with Thomas?
(a) 200 dollars.
(b) A toaster.
4. Where is Oskar when Grandma finds him in My Feelings?
(a) In his Dad's closet.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In Cenntral Park.
(d) At her door.
5. What request does the woman in Why I'm Not Where You Are make of the narrator?
(a) That he kiss her.
(b) That he marry her.
(c) That he buy her a coffee.
(d) That he smile for her.
6. What does Oskar keep under his bed and listen to at night?
(a) A Beatles record.
(b) A phone.
(c) A music box.
(d) A personal tape recorder.
7. How does Thomas find Anna shortly before the bombing in Why I'm Not Where You Are?
(a) He finds her in a prison camp.
(b) He waits in her house.
(c) He finds her in Switzerland.
(d) He runs into her on the road.
8. What does Thomas say he is going to do when he leaves the apartment in My Feelings?
(a) He is going to get breakfast.
(b) He is going to buy her magazines.
(c) He is going to help Oskar in his quest.
(d) He is leaving her.
9. Where does Grandma catch up with Thomas in My Feelings?
(a) Central Park.
(b) The airport.
(c) The cemetary.
(d) The Columbian Bakery.
10. What do Grandma and Thomas call the places in their apartment where they can be alone?
(a) Blue places.
(b) Other places.
(c) Safe places.
(d) Nothing places.
11. What lie does Oskar tell Aaron Black over the speaker in The Only Animal?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He is from the neighborhood.
(c) He is seven.
(d) He is with the U.S. Census.
12. What nationality is the prisoner that writes Grandma as a girl?
13. What question does Oskar ask his mother about Ron in Googolplex?
(a) If she loves him.
(b) If she is sleeping with him.
(c) If his father knew him.
(d) If he is Jewish.
14. Which Black lives in the same building as Oskar?
(a) Aaron Black.
(b) Abe Black.
(c) A.R. Black.
(d) Ada Black.
15. What is the only color that Oskar will wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas tell Grandma he has not done since coming to America in My Feelings?
2. In My Feelings, Thomas is unable to answer what he and Grandma are, between which two things?
3. What do the guard, Grandma's uncle, and the killer in My Feelings have in common?
4. According to Thomas in Why I'm Not Where You Are, what increased in number as he and Grandma's marriage developed?
5. To whom is the narrator of Why I'm Not Where You Are writing?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)