|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I'm Not Where You Are (5/21/63).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following functions is not one that the narrator of Why I'm Not Where You Are uses his old books for?
(b) Lining for birdcages.
(d) Donations to schools.
2. Where do Anna and Thomas first make love in Why I'm Not Where You Are?
(a) In a rowboat on a lake.
(b) Behind a shed.
(c) In a the forest outside of town.
(d) In Anna's bedroom.
3. Oskar's father often tells him that he is too smart for what?
(a) This planet.
4. What command does Oskar refuse in his first jujitsu class?
(b) Kick his Sensei's crotch.
(c) State his name.
(d) Punch at another student.
5. To whom is the narrator of Why I'm Not Where You Are writing?
(a) His dead wife.
(b) His unborn son.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does the woman in Why I'm Not Where You Are make of the narrator?
2. What do Grandma and Thomas call the places in their apartment where they can be alone?
3. What logical reason does Oskar give for everyone in the world not being able to play Hamlet at the same time?
4. Who wrote Oskar's favorite book?
5. According to Thomas in Why I'm Not Where You Are, what increased in number as he and Grandma's marriage developed?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)