|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I'm Not Where You Are (5/21/63).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What logical reason does Oskar give for everyone in the world not being able to play Hamlet at the same time?
(a) There are not enough skulls.
(b) Half the world are women.
(c) No one could play the other roles.
(d) Many do not have access to the play.
2. In Why I'm Not Where You Are, what does Thomas Schell, Sr., wonder about his doppelgangers?
(a) If they are in America.
(b) If they are lonely.
(c) If they know they are doppelgangers.
(d) If they have made the same mistakes as he.
3. How many messages from his father does Oskar Schell find on his family's answering machine in What The?
4. To whom is the narrator of Why I'm Not Where You Are writing?
(a) His dead wife.
(b) His unborn son.
(d) His mother.
5. Why is Oskall Shell home alone on September 11, 2001?
(a) It is an in-service day.
(b) He sneaks out of school.
(c) He is home sick.
(d) He is let out of school early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing that the narrator writes to the woman in Why I'm Not Where You Are?
2. In Why I'm Not Where You Are, Thomas says he would give anything never to think of what again?
3. Where in New York is the narrator of Why I'm Not Where You Are when he meets his future wife?
4. What does Thomas do every day before going to the airport in New York?
5. Which Beatles song does Oskar recall his father whistling?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)