|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alive and Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Grandma when she writes the letter in My Feelings?
(a) The park.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) The Columbian Bakery.
(d) An airport.
2. What does Thomas say he is going to do when he leaves the apartment in My Feelings?
(a) He is going to buy her magazines.
(b) He is going to help Oskar in his quest.
(c) He is leaving her.
(d) He is going to get breakfast.
3. Whose hand does Oskar squeeze on his way to the top of the Empire State Building in Alive and Alone?
(b) Thomas Schell, Sr.'s.
(c) A.R. Black's.
(d) Ruth Black's.
4. What nationality is the prisoner that writes Grandma as a girl?
5. What give's Grandma meaning in life after September 11, 2001?
(a) The hope that her husband may return.
(b) Her son's widow's calls.
(c) The hope her son might be alive.
(d) Oskar's presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grandma douse a pile of Thomas's books in My Feelings?
2. Which two career paths does Allen Black imagine for his son in Happiness, Happiness?
3. Which of the following is not something that Thomas Schell takes pictures of in My Feelings?
4. On what floor of the Empire State Building did a plane crash in 1945?
5. What does the interviewee at the beginning of Happiness, Happiness call for at the end of his story?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)