* Oskar Schell recalls burying his father's empty casket.
* Oskar discusses his life and ideas.
* Oskar recalls hearing his father's messages on September 11, 2001.
Why I'm Not Where You Are (5/21/63)
* Thomas Schell, Sr., loses his words in New York.
* Thomas Schell meets the his future wife.
* Grandma and Thomas Schell, Sr. make rules for their life together.
* Thomas cannot forget Anna.
* Thomas leaves Grandma and his unborn child.
* Oskar listens to the messages from his dad on the phone he keeps under his bed.
* Oskar finds the key in his father's closet.
* Oskar makes a list of all the Black's in Manhattan.
* Grandma talks about her childhood in Dresden.
* Grandma tlaks about how she and Thomas Schell agreed to marry.
* Grandma becomes pregnant.
* Thomas leaves Grandma.
* Grandma stays with Oskar on the evening of September 11, 2001.
* Thomas, Sr., writes Grandma on the day of her son's...
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)