Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
What The? Abstract
* Oskar Schell recalls burying his father's empty casket.
Why I'm Not Where You Are (5/21/63) Abstract
* Oskar discusses his life and ideas.
* Oskar recalls hearing his father's messages on September 11, 2001.
* Thomas Schell, Sr., loses his words in New York.
My Feelings Abstract
* Thomas Schell meets the his future wife.
The Only Animal Abstract
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)