• Oskar Schell recalls burying his father's empty casket.
• Oskar discusses his life and ideas.
• Oskar recalls hearing his father's messages on September 11, 2001.
Why I'm Not Where You Are (5/21/63)
• Thomas Schell, Sr., loses his words in New York.
• Thomas Schell meets the his future wife.
• Grandma and Thomas Schell, Sr. make rules for their life together.
• Thomas cannot forget Anna.
• Thomas leaves Grandma and his unborn child.
• Oskar listens to the messages from his dad on the phone he keeps under his bed.
• Oskar finds the key in his father's closet.
• Oskar makes a list of all the Black's in Manhattan.
• Grandma talks about her childhood in Dresden.
• Grandma tlaks about how she and Thomas Schell agreed to marry.
• Grandma becomes pregnant.
• Thomas leaves Grandma.
• Grandma stays with Oskar on the evening of September 11, 2001.
• Thomas, Sr., writes Grandma on the day of her son's...
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)