|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Should rules be presented to new Christians?
2. Guyon next introduces a concept she calls what?
3. Who will fight for you?
4. She concludes the thought by saying that this path requires nothing of you and that the best of God is the ___________ to reach.
5. What about worship does Guyon warn against?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Guyon explain the ability to be active while resting?
2. How does Guyon explain the "law of central tendency"?
3. What does Guyon say about requests in prayers?
4. To what does Guyon compare the wisdom of God?
5. What suggestions does Guyon give for leading others to the Lord?
6. What does Guyon say about intercession?
7. How does Guyon explain the relationship between the soul and Spirit?
8. What does Guyon have to say about passivity?
9. What does Guyon have to say about the "prayer of silence"?
10. What does Guyon believe about temptation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Guyon is specific about how to lead others to Christ.
Part 1) What does she say about leading others to Christ? Is this surprising? Why or why not?
Part 2) How might the Church of her day feel about this? How might the Church feel about this now?
Part 3) Are her suggestions valid and useful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Passivity requires a strong will.
Part 1) What does Guyon mean by passivity? Why should one be passive?
Part 2) When should one be passive? Are there times when one should not be passive? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does passivity affect self-control? According to Guyon, should people require self-control? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
A Christian must be willing to love through hardships.
Part 1) How is this often difficult? Can you relate to this? Why or why not?
Part 2) How is this ability to love during hardships like Christ?
Part 3) How does this reflect God's ability to love His people?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)