|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will help you achieve what you seek?
2. When choosing a passage of scripture, what does Guyon recommend?
3. What does Guyon say Christians must accept?
4. How must one come to the Lord?
5. Guyon urges that you do what right now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Guyon say regarding the Lord's Prayer?
2. How does Guyon use the Bible to prove that one must be willing to love through hardships?
3. What does Guyon remind readers regarding the Lord's acceptance of the cross?
4. How does Guyon quote St. Augustine?
5. Does Jeanne Guyon believe anyone can be truly close to Jesus Christ? What does she say about this topic?
6. What does Guyon say about the ability to turn inward to find Christ?
7. What does Guyon say regarding the reason why one might come to seek a relationship with God?
8. How must one's abandonment go one step further?
9. What is a second way a beginner could come to Christ?
10. What does "Your will be done" mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
An entire chapter is given to those who cannot read.
Part 1) Why is this chapter important during the time in which this book was written? Is it still important today? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does she suggest for the illiterate? If this is true, why do those who are literate need the Bible?
Part 3) Do you agree with Guyon in regards to the directions she gives the illiterate?
Essay Topic 2
Guyon gives two options for coming to Christ.
Part 1) What are these two options? How might she have come upon these two options?
Part 2) Why might these options be so important to Guyon?
Part 3) Do you agree that these two options are the only ways to come to Christ? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Guyon makes the point that the "prayer of silence" necessarily prompts activity.
Part 1) What is the "prayer of silence?" How does this reinforce Guyon's other beliefs about prayer and being close to God?
Part 2) What activity does this prompt? How does it prompt activity? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this prayer connected to the workings of the soul, spirit, and self?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)