|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guyon illustrate the idea of activity?
(a) With the story of Martha and Mary.
(b) With the story of Jesus' crucifixion.
(c) With the story of the mustard seed.
(d) With the story of the destruction of the temple.
2. She says that once the Spirit is in tune with God, what follows?
3. Is there any need for anyone to hold back from giving himself fully to God's calling?
4. Setting that soul toward what makes the "inward attraction of the Lord's spirit" powerful?
(a) The Spirit.
(c) Other souls.
(d) A sense of peace.
5. Guyon says that ultimate goal of a Christian should be what?
(a) The love of the Lord.
(b) Continual prayer.
(c) Divine Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guyon says that it's natural to expect what kind of attitude when confessing sin?
2. When your mind wanders, what should you also do?
3. This activity takes the place of whose activity?
4. What does Guyon use to illustrate what one should do after saying a prayer?
5. Guyon writes at length about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Guyon say about requests in prayers?
2. What is Guyon's warning against ritual prayer?
3. What does Guyon say about doctrine?
4. What does Guyon have to say about passivity?
5. What does Guyon say about those who have reached the point of continual prayer?
6. Why does Guyon believe one has not cause for worry?
7. What does Guyon warn against regarding confession?
8. When can "continual prayer" be found? What else does Guyon say about this passive attitude towards prayer?
9. What does Guyon have to say on the subject of confession?
10. Describe how this book ends.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)