|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guyon reassures you that you may find yourself doing what?
(a) Continually praying.
(b) Sometimes praying.
(c) Continually straying.
(d) Sometimes straying.
2. According to Guyon, from what do you need to separate yourself?
(a) Your actions.
(b) Your soul.
(c) Others who sin.
(d) Selfish desires and wants.
3. Do people know what they need?
4. Does Guyon believe that an hour or two a day of prayer is sufficient?
5. Why does Guyon warn against the idea that some are too simple to learn to walk with the Lord?
(a) The Lord loves a simple way and that the uneducated are often humbler and more qualified to walk with Him.
(b) The Lord loves everyone.
(c) Jesus loves the simple the best.
(d) Only the simple will get into heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. She says that God requires what above all else?
2. Guyon cautions that the soul should wait for what?
3. When something stirs the soul, what does it follow?
4. She concludes the thought by saying that this path requires nothing of you and that the best of God is the ___________ to reach.
5. She says that when your mind wanders, what should you do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Guyon believe one has not cause for worry?
2. What does Guyon have to say about passivity?
3. How does Guyon explain the "law of central tendency"?
4. What does Guyon say about one's feelings toward his or her own sins compared to God's feelings about sin?
5. What does Guyon say about requests in prayers?
6. How does Guyon explain the relationship between the soul and Spirit?
7. What does Guyon have to say about the "prayer of silence"?
8. What does Guyon have to say about inward and outward actions?
9. To what does Guyon compare the wisdom of God?
10. What does Guyon warn against regarding confession?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)