|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what should you be attached?
(a) Your family.
(c) The Church.
2. Guyon says it's beyond this point that you find another place where you can experience what?
(a) Stronger prayers.
(b) God's love.
(c) Continual prayer.
(d) New prayers.
3. Passivity requires what?
(c) A strong will.
4. She likens this magnetism to what?
(a) The rain that purifies the refreshes the land.
(b) The vapor from the ocean that is purified in the sky.
(c) The snow that melts and provides nourishment.
(d) The storms that scare but revive.
5. You should ____________ the drawing of the Lord.
(a) Fight against.
(b) Yield to.
(d) Worry about.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Guyon, from what do you need to separate yourself?
2. What about worship does Guyon warn against?
3. Guyon likens that to an "internal conversation" with God and says nothing is required of you except that you remain __________.
4. Do people know what they need?
5. You should allow God to have His way in what aspects of life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Guyon's thoughts on distractions?
2. What does Guyon say about those who have reached the point of continual prayer?
3. What does Guyon say about becoming comfortable with outward experiences?
4. What does Guyon say about doctrine?
5. What is Guyon's warning against ritual prayer?
6. What does Guyon have to say about inward and outward actions?
7. How does Guyon explain the ability to be active while resting?
8. To what does Guyon compare the wisdom of God?
9. What does Guyon warn regarding a time of passivity?
10. What does Guyon have to say about activity prompted by the Spirit? How does she illustrate this point?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)