|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon warn against the idea that some are too simple to learn to walk with the Lord?
(a) The Lord loves a simple way and that the uneducated are often humbler and more qualified to walk with Him.
(b) Jesus loves the simple the best.
(c) Only the simple will get into heaven.
(d) The Lord loves everyone.
2. Guyon cautions that the soul should wait for what?
(a) The Spirit.
(b) Other souls.
(c) More strength.
(d) A sign from God.
3. This activity takes the place of whose activity?
(d) The Spirit's.
4. Is Guyon's instruction for those who continue to seek the Lord with an "active" soul?
5. Should you try to figure out your sins for yourself?
Short Answer Questions
1. You have to overcome the natural tendency to hold onto what?
2. Guyon warns against the inclination to _________________ sin.
3. She reminds you that the good from these outward activities are in keeping with what?
4. Is it possible to hold onto a comfortable experience?
5. Guyon says that the outward experiences with the Lord are necessary for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one expected to feel at a time of confession? What does Guyon say about this?
2. What does Guyon warn regarding a time of passivity?
3. How does Guyon explain the "law of central tendency"?
4. What does Guyon have to say about passivity?
5. How does Guyon explain the relationship between the soul and Spirit?
6. About what is the beginning of this section?
7. What does Guyon believe about temptation?
8. What does Guyon say about requests in prayers?
9. How does Guyon explain the ability to be active while resting?
10. What does Guyon have to say about inward and outward actions?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)