|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person who follows this method will have a greater sense of what?
(a) The power the Lord has over others.
(b) One's own power.
(c) The Lord's power.
2. Guyon likens the relationship between you and God as what?
(a) A fire within.
(b) A disco club.
(c) A snowstorm.
(d) A warm fuzzy place.
3. Guyon says that putting abandonment into practice begins by putting aside what?
(a) God's desires.
(b) Some of your desires.
(c) Personal desires.
(d) Your family's desires.
4. What does Guyon warn about godliness?
(a) It will send one to Hell.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It cannot be achieved by man.
(d) It must come from within in order to be lasting and true.
5. When reading Scripture, how should one read?
Short Answer Questions
1. Guyon says there is a "second level of prayers" that may be used by whom?
2. According to Guyon, is self-denial the answer to accomplishing what people want to overcome?
3. Guyon says that once you have come to a point of a regular prayer life, it's time to do what?
4. What is the only belief that can bring a person to the point of desired closeness with Jesus?
5. What does Guyon quote from Luke 17:21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Guyon quote St. Augustine?
2. What dose Guyon say Gods wants for His people?
3. What does Guyon warn about one's imagination?
4. What is Guyon's opinion of ritual or memorization?
5. What does Guyon say about a "second level of prayers?"
6. What is one way a beginner could come to Christ?
7. How does one begin to abandon his or her life?
8. What does Guyon remind readers regarding the Lord's acceptance of the cross?
9. Does Jeanne Guyon believe anyone can be truly close to Jesus Christ? What does she say about this topic?
10. How might one overcome selfish desires, according to Guyon?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)