|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another option for coming to Christ?
(a) Donating to charities.
(b) Attending church services.
(c) Listening to a sermon.
(d) Beholding the Lord.
2. What is the objective when reading Scripture?
(a) To prove to God you are serious.
(b) To understand God.
(c) To understand the rules of the church.
(d) To sense the full meaning of the Scripture.
3. Guyon says that once you have come to a point of a regular prayer life, it's time to do what?
(a) Stay the course.
(b) Set off on a new path.
(c) Take a break.
(d) Turn back.
4. What does "Your will be done" mean?
(a) You pray that God will allow your will to be done.
(b) You pray that God will allow you to love Him.
(c) You pray that you will want what God wants.
(d) You pray that your desires will be met.
5. What do others call a "prayer of simplicity?"
(a) Faith and quiet.
(b) Faith and stillness.
(c) Peace and quiet.
(d) Quiet hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Guyon, is there any need for ritual or memorization?
2. The person who follows this method will naturally be far removed from what?
3. What new word does Guyon introduce?
4. Does turning inward require practice?
5. Guyon concludes by reminding the reader what about the Lord?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Guyon say about a "second level of prayers?"
2. What is a second way a beginner could come to Christ?
3. Why does Guyon quote St. Augustine?
4. How does Guyon quote St. Augustine?
5. How does Guyon say one can find an unselfish prayer life?
6. What does Guyon say regarding the reason why one might come to seek a relationship with God?
7. What does Guyon suggest for those who cannot read?
8. What does Guyon say about loving the Lord?
9. Does Jeanne Guyon believe anyone can be truly close to Jesus Christ? What does she say about this topic?
10. Those who follow her suggestions for overcoming selfish desires and the sense will accomplish what?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)