|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When something stirs the soul, what does it follow?
(d) The Spirit.
2. She says that the soul is like ____________________ in that it can move forward actively or can passively wait.
(a) Jesus' feet.
(b) The wheel.
(c) The flowing water.
(d) The faith of the woman.
3. Why does Guyon warn against getting caught up in doctrine?
(a) Doctrine leads to sin.
(b) Doctrine is usually false.
(c) One who argues doctrine cannot be brought closer to the Lord.
(d) One can end up worshiping doctrine.
4. What happens when you continually turn back to Him?
(a) You will be weakened.
(b) You will continue to stray.
(c) You will annoy God.
(d) You will find that you "continuously" abide there.
5. What about worship does Guyon warn against?
6. She explains that you will come to a point at which God immediately shows you even the smallest of sins and that you have to do what?
(a) Accept the reproof for that sin.
(b) Forget the sin.
(c) Forgive yourself.
(d) Remember your sins.
7. She says that just as the church is active, so must who else be active?
(a) Its leaders.
(c) New members.
(d) Its members.
8. Who should be the one praying?
(a) The Lord.
(b) Those who love you.
(d) The priest.
9. She explains that a person who pulls himself inward will find himself drawn farther inward by what?
(a) The magnetism of God.
(b) The magnetism of the self.
(c) The magnetism of the soul.
(d) The magnetism of one's faith.
10. She explains the relationship between the soul and Spirit by using what?
(a) The vision of Jesus walking on water.
(b) The vision of the Good Samaritan.
(c) The vision of Ezekiel and the wheel.
(d) The vision of Jesus turning water into wine.
11. Guyon admonishes that you must remember that this action happens when?
(a) You show compassion.
(b) You are loved.
(c) You are at peace.
(d) You are quiet.
12. Can outward activities ever draw you closer to the Lord?
13. Is Guyon's instruction for those who continue to seek the Lord with an "active" soul?
14. This activity takes the place of whose activity?
(b) The Spirit's.
15. Why does Guyon warn against the idea that some are too simple to learn to walk with the Lord?
(a) The Lord loves everyone.
(b) Only the simple will get into heaven.
(c) The Lord loves a simple way and that the uneducated are often humbler and more qualified to walk with Him.
(d) Jesus loves the simple the best.
Short Answer Questions
1. Should rules be presented to new Christians?
2. What will everyone have to do before God someday?
3. Outward actions are sometimes the result of what?
4. She says that Christians on a deeper level of understanding may not realize what, regarding their actions?
5. What is the purpose of this intercession?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)