|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She warns that you are not to do anything except pull yourself inward toward a closer relationship with the Lord and allow Him to do what?
(a) The rest.
(b) Talk to you.
(c) Answer your prayers.
(d) Help you.
2. With what should one not get bogged down?
(a) The requests made by God.
(b) The sins of others.
(c) Your own faults and failures.
(d) Your thoughts about God.
3. Guyon next introduces a concept she calls what?
(a) The law of love.
(b) The law of gravity.
(c) The law of central tendency.
(d) God's law.
4. This activity takes the place of whose activity?
(d) The Spirit's.
5. She explains that a person who pulls himself inward will find himself drawn farther inward by what?
(a) The magnetism of the self.
(b) The magnetism of the soul.
(c) The magnetism of God.
(d) The magnetism of one's faith.
6. Should rules be presented to new Christians?
7. She notes that it's human nature to want to do what?
(a) Be loud.
(c) Exert yourself.
8. What did Jesus tell this busy woman?
(a) She should rest.
(b) She should stay busy.
(c) She was not listening to what she should do in order to draw closer to Him.
(d) She is good to do works for Him.
9. What happens when you continually turn back to Him?
(a) You will continue to stray.
(b) You will be weakened.
(c) You will annoy God.
(d) You will find that you "continuously" abide there.
10. Who should be the one praying?
(a) Those who love you.
(b) The priest.
(d) The Lord.
11. What should the new Christian be taught?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) To pray and turn inward.
(c) The Creeds.
(d) The stories of Jesus Christ.
12. She says that there will come a point at which you simply hate _______ as God hates ________.
13. Who was busy while her sister sat at the feet of Jesus?
14. Can outward activities ever draw you closer to the Lord?
15. Guyon says that the outward experiences with the Lord are necessary for whom?
(a) Old Christians.
(b) Most Christians.
(c) All Christians.
(d) The young Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guyon says it's beyond this point that you find another place where you can experience what?
2. Setting that soul toward what makes the "inward attraction of the Lord's spirit" powerful?
3. Guyon says that it's natural to expect what kind of attitude when confessing sin?
4. What is the reason for the answer to #171?
5. You should allow God to have His way in what aspects of life?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)