|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She warns that trying to "produce a contrite heart" through your own endeavors _____________________ true repentance.
(c) Adds to.
(d) Takes away from.
2. You have to overcome the natural tendency to hold onto what?
(b) Trust in man.
3. On the subject of confession, Guyon says that the most effective method is what?
(a) Go confess to a priest.
(b) Talk to others about your sins.
(c) Open yourself to God and allow him to show you areas of sin.
(d) To tell God your sins.
4. What does a child do when he is frightened?
(a) He wonders about what is frightening him.
(b) He runs to the waiting arms of his mother.
(c) He hides.
(d) He cries.
5. She says that God requires what above all else?
(a) The mind.
(b) The heart.
(c) The life.
(d) The body.
6. She then explains the ability to be active while doing what?
7. Passivity requires what?
(d) A strong will.
8. Does Guyon believe that an hour or two a day of prayer is sufficient?
9. Does a child try to figure out what is frightening him?
10. Guyon says it's beyond this point that you find another place where you can experience what?
(a) Stronger prayers.
(b) New prayers.
(c) Continual prayer.
(d) God's love.
11. Guyon says that the outward experiences with the Lord are necessary for whom?
(a) Most Christians.
(b) The young Christian.
(c) Old Christians.
(d) All Christians.
12. This activity takes the place of whose activity?
(b) The Spirit's.
13. Guyon next introduces a concept she calls what?
(a) The law of love.
(b) God's law.
(c) The law of gravity.
(d) The law of central tendency.
14. What must one be willing to follow?
(a) The Church's lead and instruction.
(b) The Lord's lead and instruction.
(c) The clergy's lead and instruction.
(d) The priest's lead and instruction.
15. She concludes the thought by saying that this path requires nothing of you and that the best of God is the ___________ to reach.
(c) Most fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when you continually turn back to Him?
2. What does Guyon use to illustrate what one should do after saying a prayer?
3. Guyon reassures you that you may find yourself doing what?
4. Is there any need for anyone to hold back from giving himself fully to God's calling?
5. How does Guyon illustrate the idea of activity?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)