|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She explains that you will come to a point at which God immediately shows you even the smallest of sins and that you have to do what?
(a) Remember your sins.
(b) Forget the sin.
(c) Forgive yourself.
(d) Accept the reproof for that sin.
2. She likens this magnetism to what?
(a) The snow that melts and provides nourishment.
(b) The vapor from the ocean that is purified in the sky.
(c) The rain that purifies the refreshes the land.
(d) The storms that scare but revive.
3. What is the purpose of this intercession?
(a) To help you keep with God's will.
(b) To guide you in keeping with God's will.
(c) To help you guide others to God's will.
(d) To make you perfect in keeping with God's will.
4. Once you have reached the point of continual prayer, it's impossible to differentiate between prayer and what?
(a) The Lord's presence.
(c) Other activities.
5. She concludes the thought by saying that this path requires nothing of you and that the best of God is the ___________ to reach.
(c) Most fun.
6. Is there any need for anyone to hold back from giving himself fully to God's calling?
7. What should one do when one is tempted?
(a) Study the temptation.
(b) Give into the temptation.
(c) Cry out for help.
(d) Run to the waiting arms of God.
8. Guyon admonishes that you must remember that this action happens when?
(a) You are loved.
(b) You are quiet.
(c) You are at peace.
(d) You show compassion.
9. She says that God requires what above all else?
(a) The body.
(b) The mind.
(c) The life.
(d) The heart.
10. Does a child try to figure out what is frightening him?
11. When your mind wanders, what should you also do?
(a) Simply turn back to Him.
(b) Force it to find Him.
(c) Ask for help.
(d) Find something else to do until you can focus again.
12. Do people know what they need?
13. Should you try to figure out your sins for yourself?
14. Guyon writes at length about what?
(a) The workings of the Spirit.
(b) The sins found in the soul and self.
(c) Her own soul, spirit, and self.
(d) The workings of the soul, spirit and self.
15. Guyon says that the outward experiences with the Lord are necessary for whom?
(a) All Christians.
(b) Most Christians.
(c) Old Christians.
(d) The young Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about worship does Guyon warn against?
2. She says that there will come a point at which you simply hate _______ as God hates ________.
3. You should allow God to have His way in what aspects of life?
4. What does Guyon use to illustrate what one should do after saying a prayer?
5. Guyon says it's beyond this point that you find another place where you can experience what?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)