|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will everyone have to do before God someday?
(a) Ask to let into heaven.
(b) Ask for forgiveness.
(d) Account for his or her own actions.
2. She explains that a person who pulls himself inward will find himself drawn farther inward by what?
(a) The magnetism of the self.
(b) The magnetism of the soul.
(c) The magnetism of God.
(d) The magnetism of one's faith.
3. Is there any need for anyone to hold back from giving himself fully to God's calling?
4. With what should one not get bogged down?
(a) Your own faults and failures.
(b) The sins of others.
(c) The requests made by God.
(d) Your thoughts about God.
5. Guyon writes at length about what?
(a) The sins found in the soul and self.
(b) The workings of the soul, spirit and self.
(c) Her own soul, spirit, and self.
(d) The workings of the Spirit.
6. You should ____________ the drawing of the Lord.
(a) Fight against.
(b) Worry about.
(c) Yield to.
7. She concludes the thought by saying that this path requires nothing of you and that the best of God is the ___________ to reach.
(d) Most fun.
8. Guyon says that it's natural to expect what kind of attitude when confessing sin?
(a) A sorrowful attitude.
(b) An embarrassed attitude.
(c) A happy attitude.
(d) An angry attitude.
9. Guyon says it's beyond this point that you find another place where you can experience what?
(a) Stronger prayers.
(b) God's love.
(c) Continual prayer.
(d) New prayers.
10. What must happen for the Spirit to act?
(a) You must tell the Spirit to act.
(b) You must willingly give up your own activities.
(c) You must believe the Spirit can act.
(d) You must tell others to give up their activities.
11. She says that it's important to remember that it is ________ that makes all things possible.
(b) The Pope.
(d) The Church.
12. She warns that trying to "produce a contrite heart" through your own endeavors _____________________ true repentance.
(a) Takes away from.
(c) Adds to.
13. Guyon admonishes that you must remember that this action happens when?
(a) You are at peace.
(b) You are quiet.
(c) You show compassion.
(d) You are loved.
14. You have to overcome the natural tendency to hold onto what?
(d) Trust in man.
15. What about worship does Guyon warn against?
Short Answer Questions
1. Should you try to figure out your sins for yourself?
2. What should one do when one is tempted?
3. If the answer to #160 is correct, do you have any real cause for worry?
4. She warns not to let this seem a time of "barren" inactivity, because the truth is that the heart becomes still because of what?
5. Activity must be driven by what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)