|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guyon concludes the chapter by questioning what?
(a) The reason God should accept you.
(b) The reason you decided to become a Christian.
(c) The reason you are reading this book.
(d) The reason you come to seek this relationship with God.
2. She says that your abandonment must go one step farther so that you abandon what?
(a) Your reactions.
(b) Your thoughts.
(c) Your family.
(d) Your friends.
3. Once this passage from Luke is realized, what is the only requirement?
(a) To read the Bible.
(b) To talk about the Lord.
(c) To come to the Lord.
(d) To go to church.
4. What does Guyon warn about godliness?
(a) It cannot be achieved by man.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It will send one to Hell.
(d) It must come from within in order to be lasting and true.
5. What does "Your will be done" mean?
(a) You pray that your desires will be met.
(b) You pray that God will allow you to love Him.
(c) You pray that you will want what God wants.
(d) You pray that God will allow your will to be done.
6. Jeanne Guyon begins by saying that some people believe they can never be truly close to Jesus Christ. Does she agree?
(d) In certain circumstances.
7. What does Guyon say is natural?
(a) You will never be strong in your acceptance.
(b) You will usually be strong in your acceptance.
(c) You will rarely be strong in your acceptance.
(d) You will sometimes be strong in your acceptance.
8. Is it a waste of time to try to figure out what God might do or what He is like?
9. What else is also natural, according to Guyon?
(a) You will usually be weak.
(b) You will never be weak.
(c) You will sometimes be weak.
(d) You will rarely be weak.
10. What can overcome man's tendency to move from the Lord?
(a) Using Scripture to quiet the mind.
(b) Attending church services.
(c) Meeting with a priest.
(d) Singing hymns.
11. Does Guyon believe the Lord wants to reveal Himself to you?
12. What is the objective when reading Scripture?
(a) To understand God.
(b) To sense the full meaning of the Scripture.
(c) To understand the rules of the church.
(d) To prove to God you are serious.
13. How is the prayer life Guyon describes simple to attain?
(a) If one has seen God.
(b) If one is quiet.
(c) If one knows the way.
(d) If one is a Christian.
14. What is one option for coming to Christ?
(a) Confessing to a priest.
(b) Studying the Scripture.
(c) Praying the Scripture.
(d) Attending Catechism classes.
15. You can never fully overcome what?
(a) Your needs.
(b) Your senses.
(c) Your fears.
(d) Your choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does turning inward require practice?
2. Guyon says that the Lord Jesus loved His Father on Mt. Tabor where He was transfigured, but He loved Him no less where?
3. To have a close relationship with Jesus one must be centered around what?
4. What does Guyon say that many people want to overcome?
5. How long should one be willing to wait in a specific place?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)