|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A passage of Scripture can be used as a way to quiet the mind and allow what?
(a) God to listen to you.
(b) You to stand in the presence of the Lord.
(c) You to speak your mind to the Lord.
(d) The Lord to answer your prayers.
2. Once the Presence is fully before you again, you must do what?
(a) Be quiet and listen.
(b) Call a priest.
(c) Go to mass.
(d) Call to Him.
3. How long should one be willing to wait in a specific place?
(a) For a day.
(b) For a few hours.
(c) For a few moments.
(d) As long as you sense the Lord there.
4. Once this passage from Luke is realized, what is the only requirement?
(a) To go to church.
(b) To talk about the Lord.
(c) To read the Bible.
(d) To come to the Lord.
5. She says that your abandonment must go one step farther so that you abandon what?
(a) Your friends.
(b) Your thoughts.
(c) Your reactions.
(d) Your family.
6. What should be severed?
(a) Attention to the senses.
(b) One's connection with others.
(c) One's requests regarding the senses.
(d) The senses.
7. Will opening to grace draw you closer to Him?
8. To what kind of person will godliness come?
(a) Only the bad.
(b) The person who truly abandons himself to the Lord.
(c) The person who wants to be a god.
(d) Those who love the devil.
9. Guyon says there is a "second level of prayers" that may be used by whom?
(a) The educated.
(b) The clergy.
(c) The uneducated.
(d) Both the educated and uneducated.
10. The moment you feel God's presence lessening, what should you do?
(a) You must call a priest.
(b) You must sit still.
(c) You must call to Him or offer words of love or joy.
(d) You must go to church.
11. Is there any specific thought that is important at this point in one's quest to be close Christ?
(a) Yes, one must focus on Scripture.
(c) Yes, one must focus on a sinless existence.
(d) Yes, one must focus on Christ.
12. How does Guyon use food to explain the next step?
(a) Food can be both good and bad for you, like ways to approach the Lord.
(b) Too much prayer, like too much food, can be bad.
(c) Food is not as important as feeding the soul.
(d) Food is of no use to the body unless swallowed.
13. About what are the "dry spells" Guyon warns?
(a) Prior to becoming a Christian.
(b) When you no longer believe in the Lord.
(c) When you are thirsty.
(d) When you cannot seem to find the presence of the Lord.
14. Why should one come to the Lord?
(a) Because he or she is expected to.
(b) To look good to God.
(c) Only to please Him.
(d) To go to heaven.
15. Does Guyon believe the Lord wants to reveal Himself to you?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the objective when reading Scripture?
2. What is one option for coming to Christ?
3. According to Guyon, is there any need for ritual or memorization?
4. Guyon defines abandonment as what?
5. What does Guyon warn about godliness?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)