|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Guyon, is self-denial the answer to accomplishing what people want to overcome?
2. Does Guyon believe there is hope for overcoming this aspect of oneself?
(c) Very little.
3. What does Guyon say Christians must accept?
(a) The good.
(b) Even the bad.
4. Can you expect comfort to come from man?
5. If all would follow this path of prayer, what would happen?
(a) All would be happy.
(b) There would be peace among all men.
(c) The entire church would be reformed.
(d) There would be no evil.
6. Guyon says that a closer walk with Jesus Christ will do what to selfish desires?
(a) They will grow stronger at first.
(b) They will still be somewhat important.
(c) They will no longer have the importance they once had.
(d) They will make them disappear.
7. Does turning inward require practice?
(c) For some people.
8. Guyon predicts that carefully following the course of study she suggests will do what to one's prayer life?
(a) It will make it a part of one's day.
(b) It will make it rich.
(c) It will make is tedious.
(d) It will make it more important.
9. In focusing on overcoming this aspect of oneself, you are actually doing what?
(a) Paying more attention to them.
(b) Adding to them.
(c) Lessening them.
(d) Paying less attention to them.
10. Guyon says that once you have come to a point of a regular prayer life, it's time to do what?
(a) Stay the course.
(b) Set off on a new path.
(c) Take a break.
(d) Turn back.
11. What is Guyon's warning regarding the imagination?
(a) It will still be active.
(b) It is always dangerous.
(c) It is powerful.
(d) It will be destroyed.
12. Guyon says there is a "second level of prayers" that may be used by whom?
(a) The clergy.
(b) The educated.
(c) The uneducated.
(d) Both the educated and uneducated.
13. She quotes scriptures from ____________________ indicating that God will provide for needs, and presents the idea that this includes spiritual needs.
(a) Exodus, Genesis, and Psalms.
(b) Matthew, Psalms and Proverbs.
(c) Psalms, Proverbs, and Ezekiel.
(d) Matthew, Mark, and Luke.
14. You can never fully overcome what?
(a) Your needs.
(b) Your senses.
(c) Your choices.
(d) Your fears.
15. Guyon warns against blaming who for specific circumstances?
Short Answer Questions
1. The moment you feel God's presence lessening, what should you do?
2. When choosing a passage of scripture, what does Guyon recommend?
3. What is the objective when reading Scripture?
4. Guyon says that you should realize that _______________________________ are what God wants for you, and that you should realize that everything else in your life is also what God wants for you.
5. Guyon says that you might come to him seeking "real food," which is also acceptable and may be accomplished with what?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)