|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guyon say that many people want to overcome?
(a) Their financial difficulties.
(b) Their fears.
(c) Their sadness.
(d) Their own selfish desires.
2. Guyon says that the Lord Jesus loved His Father on Mt. Tabor where He was transfigured, but He loved Him no less where?
(a) When He was alone.
(b) When He was with His disciples.
(c) On Calvary where He was crucified.
(d) When He was surrounded by a crowd.
3. According to Guyon, is there any need for ritual or memorization?
(c) A little.
4. She says that anyone who follows this path of prayer and abandonment can achieve what?
(d) A close relationship with the Lord.
5. The person who follows this method will have a greater sense of what?
(a) The power the Lord has over others.
(b) One's own power.
(d) The Lord's power.
6. What else is also natural, according to Guyon?
(a) You will usually be weak.
(b) You will rarely be weak.
(c) You will sometimes be weak.
(d) You will never be weak.
7. All things come from the Lord with the exception of what?
(a) Your clothes.
(b) Your own sinfulness.
(c) Your food.
(d) Your ideas.
8. What new word does Guyon introduce?
9. She says that only who is of any value?
(a) Those who are able and willing to give themselves over fully forever.
(b) Those who try to give of themselves.
(c) Those who do God's work.
(d) Those who have gifts.
10. Why does the author write a chapter for those who cannot read?
(a) Illiteracy still exists at the time of the writing.
(b) Some people at the time of the writing of this book were illiterate.
(c) Young children are illiterate.
(d) Illiteracy is common at the time of the writing.
11. Guyon says that putting abandonment into practice begins by putting aside what?
(a) Your family's desires.
(b) Some of your desires.
(c) Personal desires.
(d) God's desires.
12. What is the only belief that can bring a person to the point of desired closeness with Jesus?
(a) God dwells around you.
(b) God dwells in you.
(c) God follows you.
(d) God dwells in heaven.
13. In loving the Lord, you will want to do what?
(a) Please only Him.
(b) Please others.
(c) Forget yourself.
(d) Lose yourself.
14. To what kind of person will godliness come?
(a) Those who love the devil.
(b) The person who wants to be a god.
(c) Only the bad.
(d) The person who truly abandons himself to the Lord.
15. What is Guyon's warning regarding the imagination?
(a) It is always dangerous.
(b) It will still be active.
(c) It will be destroyed.
(d) It is powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the prayer life Guyon describes simple to attain?
2. What will a change in attitude do to your life?
3. Does Guyon believe there is hope for overcoming this aspect of oneself?
4. Guyon defines abandonment as what?
5. When reading Scripture, how should one read?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)