|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Setting that soul toward what makes the "inward attraction of the Lord's spirit" powerful?
(a) The Spirit.
(c) A sense of peace.
(d) Other souls.
2. Guyon predicts that carefully following the course of study she suggests will do what to one's prayer life?
(a) It will make is tedious.
(b) It will make it more important.
(c) It will make it a part of one's day.
(d) It will make it rich.
3. In loving the Lord, you will want to do what?
(a) Lose yourself.
(b) Forget yourself.
(c) Please only Him.
(d) Please others.
4. Guyon says that a person truly committed will be willing to give up what?
(a) His own desires.
(b) A negative attitude.
(d) Himself, more so than the Lord requires.
5. There is a level at which the Lord will bestow ____________ at your confession.
(a) His love.
(b) His peace.
(c) His patience.
(d) His understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guyon says the way to "conquer" this aspect of ourselves is to do what?
2. What does Guyon use to illustrate what one should do after saying a prayer?
3. She quotes scriptures from ____________________ indicating that God will provide for needs, and presents the idea that this includes spiritual needs.
4. What prayer does Guyon recommend?
5. How can you avoid temptation?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)