|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A passage of Scripture can be used as a way to quiet the mind and allow what?
(a) You to stand in the presence of the Lord.
(b) You to speak your mind to the Lord.
(c) The Lord to answer your prayers.
(d) God to listen to you.
2. Who should be the one praying?
(a) The Lord.
(b) Those who love you.
(d) The priest.
3. Regarding the imagination, what must come in?
4. Guyon next introduces a concept she calls what?
(a) The law of love.
(b) The law of central tendency.
(c) God's law.
(d) The law of gravity.
5. Guyon asks you to consider whether you really want to give your life to the Lord, reminding you of what?
(a) Gifts can be recalled.
(b) You have the free will to decide.
(c) You were born to give your life to the Lord.
(d) You should give your life to the Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is there any specific thought that is important at this point in one's quest to be close Christ?
2. To what does Guyon compare temptation?
3. Guyon predicts that carefully following the course of study she suggests will do what to one's prayer life?
4. Once you have taken Guyon's advice from #15, how will you find God?
5. What does a child do when he is frightened?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)