|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Guyon quote regarding dealing with temptation?
2. What must one be willing to follow?
(a) The Lord's lead and instruction.
(b) The priest's lead and instruction.
(c) The clergy's lead and instruction.
(d) The Church's lead and instruction.
3. Putting aside a couple of times each day for dedicated prayer is what?
(a) A step that should be followed by all.
(b) A first step.
(d) Impossible to do.
4. With what should one not get bogged down?
(a) The sins of others.
(b) The requests made by God.
(c) Your thoughts about God.
(d) Your own faults and failures.
5. What is Guyon's warning regarding the imagination?
(a) It will still be active.
(b) It will be destroyed.
(c) It is always dangerous.
(d) It is powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Guyon quote saying, "Love, then do what you please?"
2. How long should one be willing to wait in a specific place?
3. She says that when your mind wanders, what should you do?
4. Guyon says that a person truly committed will be willing to give up what?
5. She explains that a person who pulls himself inward will find himself drawn farther inward by what?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)