|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Guyon, is there any need for ritual or memorization?
(a) A little.
2. Guyon says that putting abandonment into practice begins by putting aside what?
(a) Personal desires.
(b) Some of your desires.
(c) God's desires.
(d) Your family's desires.
3. Does Guyon believe there is hope for overcoming this aspect of oneself?
(c) Very little.
4. Guyon urges that you do what right now?
(a) Surrender to Him.
(b) Begin to listen to Him.
(c) Pray to Him.
(d) Try to abandon your desires.
5. In focusing on overcoming this aspect of oneself, you are actually doing what?
(a) Adding to them.
(b) Paying less attention to them.
(c) Lessening them.
(d) Paying more attention to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long should one be willing to wait in a specific place?
2. When focusing on overcoming this aspect, you are making them _________________ to overcome.
3. Who does Guyon quote saying, "Love, then do what you please?"
4. The "faithful" in this endeavor will find that God does what?
5. Regarding the imagination, what must come in?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)