|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what kind of person will godliness come?
(a) The person who wants to be a god.
(b) Those who love the devil.
(c) Only the bad.
(d) The person who truly abandons himself to the Lord.
2. Why does the author write a chapter for those who cannot read?
(a) Young children are illiterate.
(b) Illiteracy is common at the time of the writing.
(c) Some people at the time of the writing of this book were illiterate.
(d) Illiteracy still exists at the time of the writing.
3. Once the Presence is fully before you again, you must do what?
(a) Call to Him.
(b) Go to mass.
(c) Call a priest.
(d) Be quiet and listen.
4. How is the prayer life Guyon describes simple to attain?
(a) If one knows the way.
(b) If one is a Christian.
(c) If one is quiet.
(d) If one has seen God.
5. What is Guyon's purpose for using the quote in number 76?
(a) It is her favorite quote.
(b) This person is her favorite saint.
(c) She believes this above all else.
(d) She is making a point.
Short Answer Questions
1. The most important aspect of this prayer life, according to Guyon, is what?
2. Guyon says you must turn _____________ to find the Lord, and continues to warn against allowing the mind to wander.
3. What does Guyon warn about godliness?
4. When focusing on overcoming this aspect, you are making them _________________ to overcome.
5. Does turning inward require practice?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)