|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can overcome man's tendency to move from the Lord?
(a) Using Scripture to quiet the mind.
(b) Meeting with a priest.
(c) Attending church services.
(d) Singing hymns.
2. When choosing a passage of scripture, what does Guyon recommend?
(a) A passage that is popular.
(b) A passage that is long and meaningful.
(c) A passage that a priest would recommend.
(d) A passage that is simple and practical.
3. When reading Scripture, how should one read?
4. Guyon warns against blaming who for specific circumstances?
5. How must one come to the Lord?
(a) Confessing He knows everything and you know nothing.
(b) Quickly and quietly.
(c) Quietly, humbly, and confessing that He is everything and you are nothing.
(d) Slowly and patiently.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does "Your will be done" refer?
2. What else is also natural, according to Guyon?
3. All things come from the Lord with the exception of what?
4. Does turning inward require practice?
5. She goes on to warn that those who gave themselves to Him during a good time must be willing to do what?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)