|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guyon defines abandonment as what?
(a) Being the giving up of all needs.
(b) Being the giving up of God.
(c) Being left behind.
(d) Being the giving up of oneself.
2. What is the only belief that can bring a person to the point of desired closeness with Jesus?
(a) God dwells in heaven.
(b) God follows you.
(c) God dwells in you.
(d) God dwells around you.
3. What is another option for coming to Christ?
(a) Attending church services.
(b) Listening to a sermon.
(c) Donating to charities.
(d) Beholding the Lord.
4. If all would follow this path of prayer, what would happen?
(a) There would be no evil.
(b) All would be happy.
(c) The entire church would be reformed.
(d) There would be peace among all men.
5. When focusing on overcoming this aspect, you are making them _________________ to overcome.
(a) More difficult.
(b) Only slightly easier.
(c) Somewhat easier.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who follows this method will have a greater sense of what?
2. Guyon says that the Lord Jesus loved His Father on Mt. Tabor where He was transfigured, but He loved Him no less where?
3. What does Guyon repeatedly say about one's mind?
4. Once this passage from Luke is realized, what is the only requirement?
5. Is self-denial the answer for overcoming this aspect of ourselves that has been discussed in # 83?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)