|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the objective when reading Scripture?
(a) To prove to God you are serious.
(b) To understand God.
(c) To sense the full meaning of the Scripture.
(d) To understand the rules of the church.
2. Does turning inward require practice?
(a) For some people.
3. Guyon says that once you have come to a point of a regular prayer life, it's time to do what?
(a) Set off on a new path.
(b) Take a break.
(c) Stay the course.
(d) Turn back.
4. What else is also natural, according to Guyon?
(a) You will never be weak.
(b) You will rarely be weak.
(c) You will sometimes be weak.
(d) You will usually be weak.
5. What does Guyon say Christians must accept?
(b) The good.
(c) Even the bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only belief that can bring a person to the point of desired closeness with Jesus?
2. She says that anyone who follows this path of prayer and abandonment can achieve what?
3. Is self-denial the answer for overcoming this aspect of ourselves that has been discussed in # 83?
4. Guyon says that the Lord Jesus loved His Father on Mt. Tabor where He was transfigured, but He loved Him no less where?
5. Guyon says that you should realize that _______________________________ are what God wants for you, and that you should realize that everything else in your life is also what God wants for you.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)