|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the objective when reading Scripture?
(a) To understand the rules of the church.
(b) To understand God.
(c) To sense the full meaning of the Scripture.
(d) To prove to God you are serious.
2. Is there any specific thought that is important at this point in one's quest to be close Christ?
(a) Yes, one must focus on Scripture.
(c) Yes, one must focus on Christ.
(d) Yes, one must focus on a sinless existence.
3. Guyon likens the relationship between you and God as what?
(a) A disco club.
(b) A snowstorm.
(c) A fire within.
(d) A warm fuzzy place.
4. Guyon concludes the chapter by questioning what?
(a) The reason you decided to become a Christian.
(b) The reason God should accept you.
(c) The reason you are reading this book.
(d) The reason you come to seek this relationship with God.
5. What can overcome man's tendency to move from the Lord?
(a) Singing hymns.
(b) Attending church services.
(c) Using Scripture to quiet the mind.
(d) Meeting with a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another option for coming to Christ?
2. Guyon says that a closer walk with Jesus Christ will do what to selfish desires?
3. Is it a waste of time to try to figure out what God might do or what He is like?
4. Why does the author write a chapter for those who cannot read?
5. One's relationship with God will do what?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)