|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do others call a "prayer of simplicity?"
(a) Quiet hope.
(b) Faith and stillness.
(c) Faith and quiet.
(d) Peace and quiet.
2. Guyon says that once you have come to a point of a regular prayer life, it's time to do what?
(a) Set off on a new path.
(b) Take a break.
(c) Turn back.
(d) Stay the course.
3. Does turning inward require practice?
(c) For some people.
4. What does Guyon quote from Luke 17:21?
(a) But the days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast.
(b) Vindicate me against my adversary.
(c) The kingdom of God is within you.
(d) Temptations to sin are sure to come; but woe to him by whom they come!
5. What is another option for coming to Christ?
(a) Listening to a sermon.
(b) Beholding the Lord.
(c) Donating to charities.
(d) Attending church services.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that he wasted time during his early days of Christianity in trying to find the Lord outwardly?
2. To what does "Your will be done" refer?
3. What can overcome man's tendency to move from the Lord?
4. Guyon says you must turn _____________ to find the Lord, and continues to warn against allowing the mind to wander.
5. What prayer does Guyon recommend?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)