|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She explains that a person who pulls himself inward will find himself drawn farther inward by what?
(a) The magnetism of God.
(b) The magnetism of one's faith.
(c) The magnetism of the soul.
(d) The magnetism of the self.
2. Guyon makes the point that a Christian must also be willing to love when?
(a) When times are good.
(b) Through hardships.
(c) When others suffer.
(d) When one does not feel like loving.
3. What should one do after saying a prayer?
(a) Sit quietly and take in the flowing nourishment.
(c) Thank God for His time.
(d) Repeat the prayer.
4. She says that God requires what above all else?
(a) The heart.
(b) The mind.
(c) The life.
(d) The body.
5. She says that when your mind wanders, what should you do?
(a) Force your mind to stop wandering and return to a place of focus.
(b) Allow it to wander freely.
(c) Do not waste your time being distressed because of your faults.
(d) See to where it wanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Guyon believe there is hope for overcoming this aspect of oneself?
2. She explains that you will come to a point at which God immediately shows you even the smallest of sins and that you have to do what?
3. What do others call a "prayer of simplicity?"
4. She warns not to let this seem a time of "barren" inactivity, because the truth is that the heart becomes still because of what?
5. To what should you be attached?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)