|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Guyon quote saying, "Love, then do what you please?"
(a) St. Paul.
(b) St. Peter.
(c) St. Ezekiel.
(d) St. Augustine.
2. Is Guyon's instruction for those who continue to seek the Lord with an "active" soul?
3. Guyon makes the point that a Christian must also be willing to love when?
(a) Through hardships.
(b) When others suffer.
(c) When times are good.
(d) When one does not feel like loving.
4. When something stirs the soul, what does it follow?
(d) The Spirit.
5. The person who follows this method will naturally be far removed from what?
(c) The sins that compel interest.
(d) The sins of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can you expect comfort to come from man?
2. What does Guyon say is natural?
3. Is it a waste of time to try to figure out what God might do or what He is like?
4. Outward actions are sometimes the result of what?
5. What is Guyon's purpose for using the quote in number 76?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)