|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Guyon quote saying, "Love, then do what you please?"
(a) St. Ezekiel.
(b) St. Paul.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) St. Augustine.
2. She then warns that it's human nature to fight against such _____________, but says that God will provide the grace to remain strong in your commitment.
3. Guyon warns against blaming who for specific circumstances?
4. What is Guyon's purpose for using the quote in number 76?
(a) It is her favorite quote.
(b) This person is her favorite saint.
(c) She is making a point.
(d) She believes this above all else.
5. How does Guyon use food to explain the next step?
(a) Food can be both good and bad for you, like ways to approach the Lord.
(b) Food is not as important as feeding the soul.
(c) Too much prayer, like too much food, can be bad.
(d) Food is of no use to the body unless swallowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guyon say Christians must accept?
2. The person who follows this method will do what?
3. How long should one be willing to wait in a specific place?
4. Does Guyon believe there is hope for overcoming this aspect of oneself?
5. What is the objective when reading Scripture?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)