|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long should one be willing to wait in a specific place?
(a) As long as you sense the Lord there.
(b) For a day.
(c) For a few hours.
(d) For a few moments.
2. Jeanne Guyon begins by saying that some people believe they can never be truly close to Jesus Christ. Does she agree?
(b) In certain circumstances.
3. Guyon says the way to "conquer" this aspect of ourselves is to do what?
(a) Do good works.
(b) Turn completely inward toward the Lord.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Attend mass.
4. She goes on to warn that those who gave themselves to Him during a good time must be willing to do what?
(a) Give Him to others during bad times.
(b) Stand up for themselves during the bad times.
(c) Remain fast through the difficult times.
(d) Accept the idea that bad times will still occur.
5. According to Guyon, is there any need for ritual or memorization?
(b) A little.
Short Answer Questions
1. One's relationship with God will do what?
2. According to Guyon, is self-denial the answer to accomplishing what people want to overcome?
3. What prayer does Guyon recommend?
4. How is the prayer life Guyon describes simple to attain?
5. Guyon says that the Lord Jesus loved His Father on Mt. Tabor where He was transfigured, but He loved Him no less where?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)