|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guyon repeatedly say about one's mind?
(a) To make sure it is strong for the Lord.
(b) To make sure it does not wander.
(c) To make sure it is calm.
(d) To make sure it is not judgmental.
2. When choosing a passage of scripture, what does Guyon recommend?
(a) A passage that a priest would recommend.
(b) A passage that is simple and practical.
(c) A passage that is popular.
(d) A passage that is long and meaningful.
3. What should one do after saying a prayer?
(a) Sit quietly and take in the flowing nourishment.
(b) Repeat the prayer.
(d) Thank God for His time.
4. What do others call a "prayer of simplicity?"
(a) Quiet hope.
(b) Faith and quiet.
(c) Faith and stillness.
(d) Peace and quiet.
5. Guyon urges that you do what right now?
(a) Begin to listen to Him.
(b) Try to abandon your desires.
(c) Surrender to Him.
(d) Pray to Him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guyon use to illustrate what one should do after saying a prayer?
2. The most important aspect of this prayer life, according to Guyon, is what?
3. According to Guyon, is there any need for ritual or memorization?
4. What is Guyon's purpose for using the quote in number 76?
5. Who will help you achieve what you seek?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)