|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what are the "dry spells" Guyon warns?
(a) When you no longer believe in the Lord.
(b) When you are thirsty.
(c) When you cannot seem to find the presence of the Lord.
(d) Prior to becoming a Christian.
2. If all would follow this path of prayer, what would happen?
(a) The entire church would be reformed.
(b) There would be no evil.
(c) There would be peace among all men.
(d) All would be happy.
3. Guyon defines abandonment as what?
(a) Being left behind.
(b) Being the giving up of all needs.
(c) Being the giving up of oneself.
(d) Being the giving up of God.
4. Once the Presence is fully before you again, you must do what?
(a) Go to mass.
(b) Call a priest.
(c) Call to Him.
(d) Be quiet and listen.
5. What does Guyon say is natural?
(a) You will sometimes be strong in your acceptance.
(b) You will usually be strong in your acceptance.
(c) You will never be strong in your acceptance.
(d) You will rarely be strong in your acceptance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do others call a "prayer of simplicity?"
2. In loving the Lord, you will want to do what?
3. Guyon asks you to consider whether you really want to give your life to the Lord, reminding you of what?
4. Who does Guyon quote regarding dealing with temptation?
5. What about worship does Guyon warn against?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)