|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She warns that trying to "produce a contrite heart" through your own endeavors _____________________ true repentance.
(c) Takes away from.
(d) Adds to.
2. She says that only who is of any value?
(a) Those who try to give of themselves.
(b) Those who are able and willing to give themselves over fully forever.
(c) Those who have gifts.
(d) Those who do God's work.
3. What prayer does Guyon recommend?
(a) The Lord's Prayer.
(b) The Order of Confession.
(c) The Nicene Creed.
(d) The Apostles' Creed.
4. With what should one not get bogged down?
(a) The requests made by God.
(b) Your own faults and failures.
(c) Your thoughts about God.
(d) The sins of others.
5. Guyon defines abandonment as what?
(a) Being left behind.
(b) Being the giving up of God.
(c) Being the giving up of oneself.
(d) Being the giving up of all needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. She goes on to warn that those who gave themselves to Him during a good time must be willing to do what?
2. What is another option for coming to Christ?
3. According to Guyon, is self-denial the answer to accomplishing what people want to overcome?
4. Guyon says that a closer walk with Jesus Christ will do what to selfish desires?
5. What does Guyon quote from Luke 17:21?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)