|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guyon use food to explain the next step?
(a) Food can be both good and bad for you, like ways to approach the Lord.
(b) Food is not as important as feeding the soul.
(c) Food is of no use to the body unless swallowed.
(d) Too much prayer, like too much food, can be bad.
2. Should you try to figure out your sins for yourself?
3. What is Guyon's purpose for using the quote in number 76?
(a) It is her favorite quote.
(b) She is making a point.
(c) She believes this above all else.
(d) This person is her favorite saint.
4. The "faithful" in this endeavor will find that God does what?
(a) Helps one ignore the desires of the flesh.
(b) Removes the desires of the flesh.
(c) Removes one's fears.
(d) Takes care of the longings of the flesh.
5. What is another option for coming to Christ?
(a) Donating to charities.
(b) Listening to a sermon.
(c) Beholding the Lord.
(d) Attending church services.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should one do when one is tempted?
2. Once you have taken Guyon's advice from #15, how will you find God?
3. Guyon says that a closer walk with Jesus Christ will do what to selfish desires?
4. Who does Guyon quote saying, "Love, then do what you please?"
5. Who says that he wasted time during his early days of Christianity in trying to find the Lord outwardly?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)