|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John suggest that Martha do if she should find out anything is wrong with the baby?
2. Who does Martha decide to call in order to have a place to stay until their apartment is safe again?
3. How many degrees from Harvard does Martha hold, according to her account in the book?
4. What is the condition that is suggested by the test result that Martha gets after the holiday?
5. How many children do Martha and John have besides Adam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Martha leave the apartment right away when the grocery store incident happened?
2. What happened to Martha that leads her to have to tell others that she is pregnant, even though she doesn't want to do so?
3. Why did Martha decide to shop for larger clothing in New Hampshire at the start of this section?
4. Why did Deirdre and Sibyl say they were willing to help Martha out in her condition?
5. What did Martha have to deal with at school after John returned home from another business trip?
6. What happened right when John leaves for his next trip for his consulting job, so he doesn't know this has happened?
7. What was the subject matter and the time period that this book covered?
8. What was the sign that Martha sees from another student, helping her realize she is not the only one faking her way through school?
9. What did Martha begin to think of when she saw her baby for the first time on the ultrasound?
10. What was the stroke of luck that Martha experienced in relation to the daycare situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Martha, at first, decides that she will hide her pregnancy from others since she's not sure how she feels about it either, it seems.
Part 1: Do you think Martha should have told more people about her pregnancy?
Part 2: Why do you think Martha might have thought hiding her pregnancy was the best idea?
Part 3: How do you think Harvard might have reacted to learning about Martha's pregnancy?
Essay Topic 2
Martha has as dream which prompts her to have more prenatal testing on her child.
Part 1: Do you think that dreams are able to give sound advice?
Part 2: Why do you think Martha decided to listen to this dream that she had?
Part 3: How do you think you would respond if you had a dream that told you to do something?
Essay Topic 3
While John and Martha have decided to call the child Christen, they end up calling him Adam in the end.
Part 1: How would you go about choosing a name for your child?
Part 2: Why do you think it's so difficult to choose a name for a child being born?
Part 3: Do you think that John and Martha made the right decision for their child's name?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)