|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Martha's cousin and Martha joke about when they are out on an adventure together?
2. What does the touch on Martha cause to happen, according to her account in the story?
(a) The bleeding to get worse.
(b) A headache to begin.
(c) A headache to stop.
(d) The bleeding to stop.
3. What center tells Martha that she will have a child with Down Syndrome, according to her account in the story?
(a) University Health Services.
(b) Boston Medical Center.
(c) Cleveland Clinic.
(d) Johns Hopkins.
4. What does John find when he is ready to leave to go back to Boston?
(a) He doesn't want to go back.
(b) He can't find his passport.
(c) He can't get ahold of Martha.
(d) All the flights are booked.
5. _________ is a stressful experience for Martha since there are many unknowns during the birth of Adam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hands does Martha ask to help her with her baby, according to her account in the story?
2. Where do Martha and John arrive at the start of this chapter of the book?
3. Who is the one that feels that they should name the child Adam instead of the name they'd already picked out?
4. What allows John to make it on a flight the following day, according to Martha's account in the story?
5. What could Martha and John not see because of all of the people who were gathered in the hospital room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't Martha and John see Adam when he was first born, according to her description?
2. What was Martha surprised to learn about Sibyl when she told her about the diagnosis of Adam?
3. What did Martha recall happening when she asked for someone to help her save her baby?
4. What did John's dissertation adviser tell John when John tells him about the diagnosis?
5. What began to happen when John was in Asia for his consulting job?
6. Why didn't Adam go home in the first few days after his birth, according to the story?
7. What was the magical experience that John has which caused him to be supportive of the pregnancy?
8. What was the negative experience that Martha has in one of her classes, causing her to not doubt what others thought of her decision to have the baby?
9. What made it easier for Martha to grieve the loss of her normal child when she was visiting family?
10. What did Martha decide to do when she was heading over to see the nurse practitioner?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)