|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Martha end up in the hospital with IV fluids again, towards the end of her pregnancy?
(a) She decides not to eat well.
(b) An infection.
2. Who points out Adam's small, but perfect features, according to her account in the story?
3. What allows John to make it on a flight the following day, according to Martha's account in the story?
(a) A last minute cancellation.
(b) A flight delay.
(c) Stand by.
(d) A kind passenger.
4. Where does Martha stop along the way to her visit with the nurse practitioner?
(a) The coffee shop.
(b) Harvard Coop.
(c) The cafe.
(d) The grocery store.
5. Who decides they suddenly need to go home, based on a feeling they have about someone else?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the experience that Martha have in the beginning of her labor?
2. Who shows John that death is just the beginning of a great adventure, according to the book?
3. Where does Martha begin to cry after getting the item, according to her account in the story?
4. What do John and Martha share with each other when they are talking? ___________ that happened during the pregnancy.
5. What did Martha have to do for herself because there were so many medical professionals looking at Adam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Martha learn on the phone call that makes her stay on the phone until John arrived home?
2. What was John unsure he could face every day when he is on his business trip, which caused him to question his life?
3. What was the magical experience that John has which caused him to be supportive of the pregnancy?
4. What did Martha notice about the others in the room when she is about to give birth to Adam?
5. What did Martha decide to do when she was heading over to see the nurse practitioner?
6. What was the negative experience that Martha has in one of her classes, causing her to not doubt what others thought of her decision to have the baby?
7. What did Martha begin to see in the doctor as they were talking about her pregnancy?
8. What did Martha recall happening when she asked for someone to help her save her baby?
9. What did the doctor in the hospital accuse Martha of doing when she was admitted again for dehydration?
10. Why couldn't Martha and John see Adam when he was first born, according to her description?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)