|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha find when she stops in the place, mentioned in #110, according to her account in the story?
(b) Ham sandwich.
2. _________ begins to read all they can on Down Syndrome, even though they find it all dark and depressing.
3. What does Martha decide to order from the grocery delivery?
(b) Chicken noodle soup.
(d) A grilled cheese sandwich.
4. What do John and Martha share with each other when they are talking? ___________ that happened during the pregnancy.
(a) Odd experiences.
5. What is the name of the nurse practitioner that tells Martha that her child might have Down Syndrome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows John to make it on a flight the following day, according to Martha's account in the story?
2. What was Adam's first response to the therapy he received when he was in this new place?
3. What center tells Martha that she will have a child with Down Syndrome, according to her account in the story?
4. Who did Martha call when she realized she needed medical help?
5. Who is the one that feels that they should name the child Adam instead of the name they'd already picked out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Martha decide to do when she was heading over to see the nurse practitioner?
2. What were the circumstances surrounding the phone call that woke Martha up the next day?
3. What did Martha notice about the others in the room when she is about to give birth to Adam?
4. Why didn't Martha go to the emergency room when she was ill and bleeding profusely?
5. What happened to Martha when she first arrived at the hospital with John?
6. What made it easier for Martha to grieve the loss of her normal child when she was visiting family?
7. What did Martha begin to see in the doctor as they were talking about her pregnancy?
8. What happened to delay John's return to Martha and to his family?
9. What was Martha thinking about when John is talking to his mentor and having troubles focusing on his words?
10. Why didn't Adam go home in the first few days after his birth, according to the story?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)