|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one of Martha's friends know so much about Down Syndrome, according to her account in the story?
(a) Her own experience.
(b) Novel research.
(c) A class she took.
2. Who does Martha decide to wait for on the phone with the nurse practitioner, keeping her on the line until this person arrived home?
(a) Her mother.
3. What is Martha packed and ready to do when John comes home with the news about his job?
(a) Go to the hospital.
(b) Take Katie to school.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Go to her parents' house.
4. What does John decide to focus more on after he talks to his adviser about his dissertation?
(d) Home life.
5. Martha decides that she has __________ with her son and that she is determined to have her son.
(a) Fallen in love.
(b) The power.
(c) Understood the anxiety.
(d) Made peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the obstetrician accuse Martha of doing which is why the doctor thinks she's in the hospital?
2. Where did Martha decide to take Adam, in response to the information she got from her dream?
3. Where does John go at the beginning of this chapter, according to Martha's account in the story?
4. What is the final pronunciation of Adam's medical status, according to Martha's description?
5. What was Adam's first response to the therapy he received when he was in this new place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Adam go home in the first few days after his birth, according to the story?
2. What did Martha discover when she returns from a trip to the mall?
3. What did John use as rationale when he decided to return home instead of staying in Asia?
4. What did John's mentor tell him when John was having a conversation with him about his future?
5. What did Martha begin to see in the doctor as they were talking about her pregnancy?
6. What was John unsure he could face every day when he is on his business trip, which caused him to question his life?
7. What did Martha learn on the phone call that makes her stay on the phone until John arrived home?
8. Why couldn't Martha and John see Adam when he was first born, according to her description?
9. What happened when Martha and John were able to hold Adam and the pediatrician comes in?
10. What happened to delay John's return to Martha and to his family?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)