|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha finds out that _______ knows all there is to know about children with birth defects.
2. What does Martha begin to experience when John is away on another business trip?
3. What is Martha struggling with since now everyone knows about her pregnancy and about Adam?
(a) Social events.
(c) Her computer.
4. What would this professional use to help children with Down Syndrome?
5. Why does Martha wake up in the middle of the night, before she and John decide to talk?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She is bleeding.
(c) She is in pain.
(d) She wants a snack.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ was having a conversation with a mentor when they are told to forget their family.
2. What did Martha have to do for herself because there were so many medical professionals looking at Adam?
3. What do John and Martha share with each other when they are talking? ___________ that happened during the pregnancy.
4. What does John feel when he talks to his adviser about the progress of his dissertation?
5. What does the doctor give to Martha when she is in the hospital? Reasons she should not ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Martha recall happening when she asked for someone to help her save her baby?
2. What was Martha thinking about when John is talking to his mentor and having troubles focusing on his words?
3. What did Martha and John learn from their parents when they talked to them about the diagnosis they learned?
4. What did Martha begin to see in the doctor as they were talking about her pregnancy?
5. What did John's dissertation adviser tell John when John tells him about the diagnosis?
6. What made it easier for Martha to grieve the loss of her normal child when she was visiting family?
7. What was the negative experience that Martha has in one of her classes, causing her to not doubt what others thought of her decision to have the baby?
8. What did Martha discover when she returns from a trip to the mall?
9. What was Martha surprised to learn about Sibyl when she told her about the diagnosis of Adam?
10. What did the doctor in the hospital accuse Martha of doing when she was admitted again for dehydration?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)