|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls later in the night and lets Martha know that her vision was not a dream?
(a) The doctor.
2. Why would John want to have the baby aborted, according to the story?
(a) If the child was a girl.
(b) If the child was deformed.
(c) If the child was small.
(d) If they weren't ready.
3. What was the major problem that occurred when Martha was home alone with Katie?
(b) A large school bill was due.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Severe morning sickness.
4. What does Martha believe is important at the school where she is attending to attain her PhD?
(b) Her income.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her writing credits.
5. What does the helpful strange offer to Martha, which was exactly what she had been craving?
(b) A babysitter.
(c) A new book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason why Martha did not leave sooner than she probably should have?
2. How old is Martha when she discovers she is pregnant again?
3. The person Martha is interviewing says that Adam is hurt more by Martha being ________ than being open.
4. What does Martha wake up to in the middle of the night after feeling ill during the day?
5. What alerts Martha to the possibility that something might be terribly wrong with her unborn baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the daycare that was closest to Harvard require in order to admit Katie to their program?
2. Why didn't Martha leave the apartment right away when the grocery store incident happened?
3. What act of generosity moved Martha when she came up to the ambulance to have someone check her baby?
4. What happened when John arrives at his work location and calls to check on Martha and Katie?
5. What were some of the symptoms that Martha would experience during her pregnancy because of an undiagnosed medical condition?
6. Why didn't Martha want anyone to know at Harvard about the pregnancy she just discovered?
7. Why did Martha decide to shop for larger clothing in New Hampshire at the start of this section?
8. What were the two medical issues that John and Martha faced when he returned from his trip overseas?
9. What happened to Martha after she begins to feel ill all day, though she ignores it?
10. What was the stroke of luck that Martha experienced in relation to the daycare situation?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)