|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has John brought back with him when he comes home from his business trip?
(a) Stomach virus.
(b) A book for Martha.
(d) Baby clothing.
2. What did some of the daycare centers in the Beck's area require that parents have in order to be admitted?
(a) A car.
(b) A larger home.
(c) A steady job.
3. Who comes to the rescue of Martha when she realizes the state she is in?
4. What does Martha have to do in addition to taking courses in order to get her PhD?
(a) Work in financial aid.
(b) Work at the library.
(c) Write a research paper.
(d) Teach a course.
5. Where is the grocery store that Martha could go to located in relation to her home?
(a) The school.
(b) The lobby.
(c) Across the street.
(d) The shopping center up the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Martha when she discovers she is pregnant again?
2. Who does Martha forget about after getting to a safe place during the fire?
3. What do John and Martha do very little of during their holiday with Katie?
4. What does John decide to avoid as he is worried about his wife?
5. What is the condition that is suggested by the test result that Martha gets after the holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news did Martha find out from a nurse practitioner when she arrived back from the holidays?
2. What was the story that Deirdre shares that is surprising like Martha's?
3. What were some of the accomplishments that Martha Beck lists within the context of this book?
4. What act of generosity moved Martha when she came up to the ambulance to have someone check her baby?
5. What did Martha and John plan to do when they were on a Christmas holiday from Harvard?
6. What happened to Martha when she is going down the stairwell during the emergency?
7. What were the two medical issues that John and Martha faced when he returned from his trip overseas?
8. Why did John try to persuade Martha to abort the baby, as they sat in a cafe?
9. What were some of the symptoms that Martha would experience during her pregnancy because of an undiagnosed medical condition?
10. What did Martha learn about Adam, even though he was only three years old and could not speak yet?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)