|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the other child that is frequently mentioned in this story?
2. What kind of disorder does Martha have that causes her to have difficult pregnancies?
3. What is the reason why Martha did not leave sooner than she probably should have?
(a) Her dream.
(b) A phone call.
(c) Katie's recital.
(d) False alarms in the past.
4. Where does Martha go shopping for clothing that is heavier and less form fitting?
(a) New Hampshire.
5. What was the name that John and Martha had first decided to call their new baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Martha decide to call in order to have a place to stay until their apartment is safe again?
2. What does the person Martha interviews say that Adam wants her to stop doing?
3. Where does John have to fly to every few weeks for his job in order to support the family?
4. What did Martha go into town to get when she had the incident with the moose?
5. What did Martha think people would question if she told others about her pregnancy where she worked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did John try to persuade Martha to abort the baby, as they sat in a cafe?
2. Why did Martha decide to shop for larger clothing in New Hampshire at the start of this section?
3. What happened when John arrives at his work location and calls to check on Martha and Katie?
4. What did Martha and John feel about the prospect of going to Harvard to get their degrees?
5. Why didn't Martha leave the apartment right away when the grocery store incident happened?
6. What did Martha begin to think of when she saw her baby for the first time on the ultrasound?
7. What made Martha and John nervous about the consulting job that John took?
8. What happened to Martha that leads her to have to tell others that she is pregnant, even though she doesn't want to do so?
9. What happened right when John leaves for his next trip for his consulting job, so he doesn't know this has happened?
10. What were the two medical issues that John and Martha faced when he returned from his trip overseas?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)