|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason why Martha did not leave sooner than she probably should have?
(a) False alarms in the past.
(b) Her dream.
(c) A phone call.
(d) Katie's recital.
2. What does the person walking Martha home from class believe she is indulging in?
(a) Her poverty.
(b) PhD status.
(c) Her husband's kindness.
(d) Morning sickness.
3. Who does Deirdre say once was cruel to her, according to her account in the book?
(a) Her father.
(b) A boyfriend.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her brother.
4. What made Martha the ideal test case patient for new nurses that were in the medical center?
(a) A strange blood count.
(b) A willing attitude.
(c) High blood pressure.
(d) Large veins.
5. How old is Martha when she discovers she is pregnant again?
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Martha to the possibility that something might be terribly wrong with her unborn baby?
2. What did Martha find herself doing with John when she was on her own and not eating?
3. What does Martha find out about her rescuer in the days to come?
4. What does Martha realize when she opens the door to her apartment during the fire?
5. Who does Sibyl bring with her the next time that she goes to see Martha at her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when John arrives at his work location and calls to check on Martha and Katie?
2. How did Martha find out that she might not have been rescued as she thought she had?
3. What were some of the accomplishments that Martha Beck lists within the context of this book?
4. What did Martha have to deal with at school after John returned home from another business trip?
5. What were the two medical issues that John and Martha faced when he returned from his trip overseas?
6. What news did Martha find out from a nurse practitioner when she arrived back from the holidays?
7. Why did Martha decide to shop for larger clothing in New Hampshire at the start of this section?
8. What happened right when John leaves for his next trip for his consulting job, so he doesn't know this has happened?
9. What was the vivid dream that Martha has, causing her to ask for more testing on her child?
10. What did Martha begin to think of when she saw her baby for the first time on the ultrasound?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)