|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John decide to focus more on after he talks to his adviser about his dissertation?
(b) Home life.
2. What test was the one that confirmed the diagnosis of Down Syndrome in Adam, according to her account in the story?
(d) Blood test.
3. Adam shows to John that ______ things always have a good side to them, according to the story.
4. Martha decides that she has __________ with her son and that she is determined to have her son.
(a) Made peace.
(b) Understood the anxiety.
(c) Fallen in love.
(d) The power.
5. What does John's boss offer to pay him for during the time when he finished his dissertation?
(a) One week.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
6. Who does Martha go to visit during one of the times when John is away for business?
(c) Her family.
(d) John's family.
7. What do Martha's cousin and Martha joke about when they are out on an adventure together?
8. Martha would continue to hope for the _________ that might bring her back to that feeling of overwhelming love.
9. Where do Martha and John arrive at the start of this chapter of the book?
(c) The school.
10. What was Adam's first response to the therapy he received when he was in this new place?
11. What does John decide to begin to arrange when he arrives back from his trip overseas?
(a) Home health care.
(b) Katie's daycare.
(c) His new job.
12. What does the doctor at the hospital suggest that Martha do in order to save her life?
(a) A new doctor.
(c) Blood test.
(d) Another amniocentesis.
13. Where does Martha stop along the way to her visit with the nurse practitioner?
(a) The coffee shop.
(b) Harvard Coop.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The cafe.
14. Who was having troubles accepting Adam's diagnosis at first, though this person decides to support it?
(a) Martha's father.
(b) Martha's mother.
(c) Martha's sister.
(d) Martha's cousin.
15. Martha began to be frightened about what would happen if Adam were born ________.
(b) With Down Syndrome.
(c) Too late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Martha decide to wait for on the phone with the nurse practitioner, keeping her on the line until this person arrived home?
2. What does John's dissertation advisor say that John will never get because he allowed Martha to have the baby?
3. What do John and Martha share with each other when they are talking? ___________ that happened during the pregnancy.
4. What is the name of the nurse practitioner that tells Martha that her child might have Down Syndrome?
5. What does Martha find that John has hidden in one of the drawers where she was going to hide the gift for Adam?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)