|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Adam's first response to the therapy he received when he was in this new place?
2. Where does John go at the beginning of this chapter, according to Martha's account in the story?
(c) Back home.
(d) To Hawaii.
3. Who was having troubles accepting Adam's diagnosis at first, though this person decides to support it?
(a) Martha's father.
(b) Martha's mother.
(c) Martha's cousin.
(d) Martha's sister.
4. What is Martha struggling with since now everyone knows about her pregnancy and about Adam?
(b) Social events.
(c) Her computer.
5. What were the people in the room examining Adam for, according to her account in the story?
(a) Life threatening conditions.
(b) Extra parts.
(c) Number of fingers and toes.
6. _________ begins to read all they can on Down Syndrome, even though they find it all dark and depressing.
7. Who shows John that death is just the beginning of a great adventure, according to the book?
8. How might the people who want Martha and John to not have their baby be described?
9. What is Martha packed and ready to do when John comes home with the news about his job?
(a) Go to her parents' house.
(b) Go to the hospital.
(c) Take Katie to school.
(d) Leave him.
10. What does John's boss offer to pay him for during the time when he finished his dissertation?
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
11. Martha begins to find it easier to grieve the loss of her ________ and to accept Adam as the way he is.
(a) School honors.
(c) Normal child.
12. Why does Martha wake up in the middle of the night, before she and John decide to talk?
(a) She wants a snack.
(b) She is in pain.
(c) She is bleeding.
(d) She is crying.
13. What does John decide to focus more on after he talks to his adviser about his dissertation?
(c) Home life.
14. Martha would continue to hope for the _________ that might bring her back to that feeling of overwhelming love.
15. Adam came into the world and he was not the _________ that many had expected him to be.
(a) Medical nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many doctors and _________ tried to see Adam to examine him when he was in the hospital.
2. Because of his experience, John decide to return to his ___________, according to the story.
3. What does Martha decide to order from the grocery delivery?
4. What does John leave the apartment to do, which leaves Martha in a moment of despair?
5. What is the name of Martha's cousin who takes her out one afternoon?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)