|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Martha stop along the way to her visit with the nurse practitioner?
(a) The coffee shop.
(b) The cafe.
(c) Harvard Coop.
(d) The grocery store.
2. What does Martha decide to order from the grocery delivery?
(b) A grilled cheese sandwich.
(d) Chicken noodle soup.
3. What allows John to make it on a flight the following day, according to Martha's account in the story?
(a) A flight delay.
(b) A kind passenger.
(c) Stand by.
(d) A last minute cancellation.
4. Adam came into the world and he was not the _________ that many had expected him to be.
(c) Medical nightmare.
5. ________ was having a conversation with a mentor when they are told to forget their family.
6. Why does Martha end up in the hospital with IV fluids again, towards the end of her pregnancy?
(b) She decides not to eat well.
(d) An infection.
7. How does one of Martha's friends know so much about Down Syndrome, according to her account in the story?
(a) Novel research.
(c) A class she took.
(d) Her own experience.
8. What does Martha see floating before her while she feels cradled in the arms of someone who makes her feel completely at peace?
9. What does John leave the apartment to do, which leaves Martha in a moment of despair?
(b) Get Katie from school.
(c) Grocery shopping.
(d) Dentist appointment.
10. Martha finds out that _______ knows all there is to know about children with birth defects.
11. Martha believes that Adam was sent into the world to ________ her and her husband, according to her account in the story.
(d) Connect with.
12. Where do Martha and John arrive at the start of this chapter of the book?
(b) The school.
13. John is told he needs to fight for a new __________ for a future job, according to the book.
(d) Benefits package.
14. Many doctors and _________ tried to see Adam to examine him when he was in the hospital.
(a) TV reporters.
(c) Harvard professors.
15. Who is the one that feels that they should name the child Adam instead of the name they'd already picked out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final pronunciation of Adam's medical status, according to Martha's description?
2. What does the doctor at the hospital suggest that Martha do in order to save her life?
3. What did Martha decide to do instead of heading to the hospital?
4. What does the doctor give to Martha when she is in the hospital? Reasons she should not ____________.
5. Why didn't Adam go home for the first few days of life, according to her account in the story?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)