|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Martha and John not see because of all of the people who were gathered in the hospital room?
(b) The ceiling.
(d) The end of the table.
2. What does John leave the apartment to do, which leaves Martha in a moment of despair?
(a) Grocery shopping.
(b) Get Katie from school.
(c) Dentist appointment.
3. _________ begins to read all they can on Down Syndrome, even though they find it all dark and depressing.
4. What does Martha believe she can see inside the doctor as they are talking to each other?
5. Martha decides that she has __________ with her son and that she is determined to have her son.
(a) Fallen in love.
(b) Understood the anxiety.
(c) Made peace.
(d) The power.
6. What kind of hands does Martha ask to help her with her baby, according to her account in the story?
(a) A man's.
(b) A woman's.
(c) A child's.
(d) A priest's.
7. John realizes there is nothing that he needs to do in ____________ that can not be done over the phone or by fax.
8. During this time, John thinks about not returning to ________ as he is tired from all that is happening.
9. What does Martha begin to experience when John is away on another business trip?
10. What test was the one that confirmed the diagnosis of Down Syndrome in Adam, according to her account in the story?
(a) Blood test.
11. What did Martha decide to do instead of heading to the hospital?
(a) Call John.
(b) Bake a cake.
(d) Read a book.
12. Where do Martha and John arrive at the start of this chapter of the book?
(d) The school.
13. What does the obstetrician accuse Martha of doing which is why the doctor thinks she's in the hospital?
(a) Trying to get more attention.
(b) Trying to starve herself.
(c) Trying to commit suicide.
14. What does John find when he is ready to leave to go back to Boston?
(a) He can't get ahold of Martha.
(b) He doesn't want to go back.
(c) He can't find his passport.
(d) All the flights are booked.
15. Who does Martha find to be supportive when she and John call them about their diagnosis?
(a) Katie's parents.
(c) Harvard professors.
(d) Their landlady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam shows to John that ______ things always have a good side to them, according to the story.
2. What does the doctor at the hospital suggest that Martha do in order to save her life?
3. What is the name of Martha's cousin who takes her out one afternoon?
4. _________ is a stressful experience for Martha since there are many unknowns during the birth of Adam.
5. What do Martha's cousin and Martha joke about when they are out on an adventure together?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)