|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha believe is important at the school where she is attending to attain her PhD?
(a) Her writing credits.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her income.
2. Where does John have to fly to every few weeks for his job in order to support the family?
(a) South America.
3. What does Martha inquire about after she feels that her baby might have troubles, according to her account in the book?
(a) Extra IV fluids.
(b) Prenatal testing.
(c) More vitamins.
4. What is the reason why Martha did not leave sooner than she probably should have?
(a) Katie's recital.
(b) False alarms in the past.
(c) A phone call.
(d) Her dream.
5. On what holiday do John and Martha bring dozens of books to study, according to her account in the book?
6. What does the person walking Martha home from class believe she is indulging in?
(a) PhD status.
(b) Morning sickness.
(c) Her husband's kindness.
(d) Her poverty.
7. How many children do Martha and John have besides Adam?
8. Where did the Beck family go the summer before they returned to their home on the East Coast?
(a) Los Angeles.
9. Where does Martha go in order to make sure that her baby was not harmed in the incident?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Her doctor's office.
(d) The ER.
10. Who does Martha forget about after getting to a safe place during the fire?
(d) Her rescuer.
11. What kind of person was Martha interviewing for her dissertation, a person who gave her insight into her son?
12. What did Martha go into town to get when she had the incident with the moose?
(a) Pregnancy test.
(c) Pain killers.
(d) A new outfit.
13. What does Martha feel pushing her on when she is in the stairwell and gets tired?
(a) Her mother's perfume.
(b) A hand.
(c) A voice.
(d) Katie's screams.
14. What causes John to swerve when he is driving back from a vacation with the family?
15. What kind of disorder does Martha have that causes her to have difficult pregnancies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha realize when she opens the door to her apartment during the fire?
2. What were Martha's students unhappy about, according to her account in the book?
3. How many times did the rental car spin in before it finally landed in a ditch and no one was hurt?
4. What happens in Martha's gender seminar that causes others to find out she is pregnant?
5. What kind of book is this book, as evidenced by the way the book is written and presented to the reader?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)