|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Martha left home alone with Katie when John was at his job assignment?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) Seven days.
2. Where is the grocery store that Martha could go to located in relation to her home?
(a) The lobby.
(b) The school.
(c) Across the street.
(d) The shopping center up the road.
3. Who does Sibyl bring with her the next time that she goes to see Martha at her apartment?
4. What kind of job has John been doing which takes him away from his family more often than he might like?
(a) News reporter.
(d) Merchant sailor.
5. On what holiday do John and Martha bring dozens of books to study, according to her account in the book?
6. What does the helpful strange offer to Martha, which was exactly what she had been craving?
(a) A babysitter.
(b) A new book.
7. What happened to Deirdre after she left this man and became pregnant?
(a) She went back to him.
(b) She was unable to eat.
(c) She decided to start a new degree.
(d) She aborted the child.
8. Why does John begin to panic after trying to call Martha at home?
(a) She sounds strange.
(b) She does not answer.
(c) A man answers.
(d) There is no dial tone.
9. What does Martha decide to put on the refrigerator after coming back from her tests?
(a) Ultrasound picture.
(b) The baby name.
(c) A list of things to buy the baby.
(d) A news clipping.
10. What does Martha have to do in addition to the amniocentesis, according to her account in the book?
(a) Fasting sugar check.
(c) Blood test.
11. What kind of book is this book, as evidenced by the way the book is written and presented to the reader?
(b) Fictional story.
12. What does the person walking Martha home from class believe she is indulging in?
(a) Her poverty.
(b) Her husband's kindness.
(c) PhD status.
(d) Morning sickness.
13. What do John and Martha do very little of during their holiday with Katie?
14. What is the area that explodes, causing a fire in the Beck's apartment building?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Another apartment.
(c) Front office.
(d) Boiler room.
15. Who feels the urge to leave but ignores it until there are more obvious signs that the danger is real?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes John to swerve when he is driving back from a vacation with the family?
2. Who does Martha decide to call in order to have a place to stay until their apartment is safe again?
3. What Martha need to get from University Health Services emergency center?
4. What is the reason why Martha did not leave sooner than she probably should have?
5. What does Deirdre say that she found when she was helped by someone else during her tough time?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)