|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Martha the message about her test results?
(a) Her doctor.
(b) Nurse practitioner.
2. Who does Martha forget about after getting to a safe place during the fire?
(a) Her rescuer.
3. What does Martha inquire about after she feels that her baby might have troubles, according to her account in the book?
(a) Prenatal testing.
(b) More vitamins.
(d) Extra IV fluids.
4. Where is John when the apartment fire happens, so he knows nothing of the event?
5. What do John and Martha do very little of during their holiday with Katie?
6. What does Deirdre say that she found when she was helped by someone else during her tough time?
(a) Her power.
(b) A new start.
(c) Will to live.
(d) Her courage.
7. How old is Martha when she discovers she is pregnant again?
8. What does John buy at the same time that Martha is shopping for clothing?
(a) A book on pregnancy.
(b) A new briefcase.
(c) Baby clothing.
9. Who gets to see the picture of the ultrasound before it is hung up, according to Martha's account in the book?
10. John is gone on his ________ trip overseas when the fire in the apartment building occurs.
11. What is the area that explodes, causing a fire in the Beck's apartment building?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Front office.
(c) Another apartment.
(d) Boiler room.
12. What does the person Martha interviews say that Adam wants her to stop doing?
(d) Hugging him.
13. How many flights of stairs does Martha have to walk down in order to reach safety?
14. What do John and Martha decide to do after they go to the doctor's office again?
(b) Have coffee.
(c) Eat at a cafe.
(d) Walk in the park.
15. Who does Deirdre say once was cruel to her, according to her account in the book?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A boyfriend.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha receive when she gets home from the holiday, according to her account in the book?
2. What does Martha have to do in addition to the amniocentesis, according to her account in the book?
3. What is the condition that is suggested by the test result that Martha gets after the holiday?
4. What happens in Martha's gender seminar that causes others to find out she is pregnant?
5. What does Martha have to arrange when John is going to be out of town for a few weeks?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)