|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha realize when she opens the door to her apartment during the fire?
(a) She didn't tell John.
(b) The fire is real.
(c) She doesn't know where Katie is.
(d) She doesn't know her name.
2. What was the major problem that occurred when Martha was home alone with Katie?
(a) A large school bill was due.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Severe morning sickness.
3. What kind of book is this book, as evidenced by the way the book is written and presented to the reader?
(a) Fictional story.
4. What Martha need to get from University Health Services emergency center?
(b) Pain killers.
(c) Anti-diarrheal medicine.
(d) IV fluids.
5. How old was the girl that pulled out of daycare at the last minute, one of many happy coincidences for the Becks?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 18 months.
6. What kind of person was Martha interviewing for her dissertation, a person who gave her insight into her son?
7. Martha and John seem to fight more about their ________ structure than about other things on the holiday.
8. Who gives Martha the message about her test results?
(c) Her doctor.
(d) Nurse practitioner.
9. What was the symptom that allowed Martha to discover why she had so many difficult symptoms during her pregnancy?
(a) A tumor.
(b) Lack of coordination.
(c) Low iron counts.
10. What does John decide to avoid as he is worried about his wife?
(b) Phone call.
(c) Business dinner.
(d) An assignment that's due.
11. Where does Martha go shopping for clothing that is heavier and less form fitting?
(a) New Hampshire.
12. What kind of job has John been doing which takes him away from his family more often than he might like?
(b) Merchant sailor.
(d) News reporter.
13. What does Martha believe is important at the school where she is attending to attain her PhD?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her writing credits.
(d) Her income.
14. What did Martha find herself doing with John when she was on her own and not eating?
(c) Making love.
15. What does Martha discover the next day that reminds her of the incident in the stairwell?
(a) A picture.
(b) A book.
(c) A note.
(d) Her missing coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John have to fly to every few weeks for his job in order to support the family?
2. What has John brought back with him when he comes home from his business trip?
3. What causes John to swerve when he is driving back from a vacation with the family?
4. What does Martha decide to put on the refrigerator after coming back from her tests?
5. What made Martha the ideal test case patient for new nurses that were in the medical center?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)