|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is given to the people of Safed?
2. What tool does Kitty use to make the incision into Ari's leg?
3. Where is the headquarters of Ari's command located?
4. What two things does Dov touch as he repeats the oath of the Maccabees?
5. Who is called on to write a summary of the issue with Arab refugees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Ari's plan to have the British take a convoy of trucks to Gan Dafna knowing that the officials there won't evacuate?
2. What does Dov tell Karen about his desire to live during his time in the jail and hiding in the mountains?
3. What advice does Akiva give Dov when Karen comes to visit and why?
4. What action do the Palmach night patrols take that makes life miserable for the Arabs in Safed and why is it successful?
5. What Biblical scene is compared to the death of Major Fred Caldwell?
6. What is the policy and the attitude of Israel as refugees pour in?
7. What ploy had been used to rally the Arabs? Does it work?
8. What is the effect of the rescue of Dov and Akiva on the British?
9. What does Barak point out about the options the fleeing Arabs have available?
10. Why is it that the Israeli army isn't attacking all Arab villages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the fate of Dov's family? What is the impact on Dov?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the concentration camps as seen by David as he tries to figure out how to get 300 people out of them.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Gan Dafna.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)