|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Dov and Akiva held after their capture?
2. What does David say exists that could help get supplies to Jerusalem?
3. What "thorny" problem remains after the end of the war?
4. What code name is given to the flights flown by Tex to bring in refugees?
5. What role does Karen play in the performance that recreates the history of the Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action do the Palmach night patrols take that makes life miserable for the Arabs in Safed and why is it successful?
2. Why is Kitty angry over Ari's reaction to Zev's death?
3. What is the conversation that takes place between Ari and Kitty after he begins to recover?
4. What is the purpose of Ari's plan to have the British take a convoy of trucks to Gan Dafna knowing that the officials there won't evacuate?
5. What prophecy seems to be fulfilled with the final battle against the Egyptians?
6. What "artificial" ammunition is used by Ari in his quest to protect Gan Dafna and why?
7. What Biblical scene is compared to the death of Major Fred Caldwell?
8. What is the effect of the rescue of Dov and Akiva on the British?
9. Describe the last ditch effort of the Arabs to overrun Tirat Tsvi.
10. What effect does the radio cast have on the Jewish forces?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the instances of "divine inspiration" and cases in which prophecies of the Bible seem to be fulfilled during the war.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the twelve-point document written by Major Caldwell outlining his proposed action against Jews to the report written by Barak examining the Arab refugee situation.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Gan Dafna.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)