|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the question facing Kitty as the exodus prepares to sail?
2. What area is considered the most important place in the Caraolos camp?
3. What animals are roasted for the feast atop Mount Tabor?
4. What task is Ari given by his father that ends with his being beaten?
5. What special talent does Yakov's wife have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the full quote Mark sees upon his arrival to Cyprus, and where does it come from?
2. What exchange takes place between Ari and Taha?
3. How does Karen bring herself into contact with Dov?
4. What name does Ari use when he's taking supplies and what ship is he supposedly taking them for? What's the significance?
5. What is the official role the British play in preparing the Exodus to sail?
6. Where did Karen Hansen Clement grow up?
7. David, one of the adults aboard the Exodus, is asked whether they should give in to demands and return the children to port. What is his reply?
8. What two things make Dov determined to go on after his capture from the Warsaw ghetto?
9. Describe the traditional Sunday activities of Simon Rabinsky and his family.
10. What is Ben Solomon's fate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the number, "359295?" What was the purpose and the long-range impact of this and other similar numbers?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the evolving relationship between Ari and Kitty.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what was meant by the sign on the ship, The Star of David, that reads "Hitler murdered us and the British won't let us in." Put the statement into the context of this story and into the historical context.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)