|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Foster McWilliam's occupation?
(a) Arms dealer
(c) Crab fisherman
2. What does Ari learn about the situation in Jerusalem from Avidan?
(a) That Jerusalem is secure
(b) That Jerusalem has fallen
(c) That the situation is critical
(d) That Ari will have to lead the battle in Jerusalem
3. What organization is called on to prevent the mass murder of Etzion settlements upon their surrender to the Arabs?
(a) The United Nations
(b) The British Military
(c) The American Military
(d) The Red Cross
4. What spurs the farmers at Shoshanna bloc to such anger that they rout the Arabs?
(a) The ideal of Palestine
(b) The sight of Jerusalem
(c) The sight of tanks in their flower beds
(d) The sight of mutilated Jews
5. What does Kitty suggest should be done with babies and the younger children in the event of a siege?
(a) That they be evacuated to someplace safer
(b) That they be sent ot America
(c) That they be hidden in the woods
(d) That they be turned over as hostages to avoid death
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ari know that an attack against Gan Dafna is imminent?
2. Why do the Arabs choose to attack Tirat Tsiv first?
3. Where are Dov and Akiva held after their capture?
4. Who takes over Fort Esther when the British evacuate?
5. What does Dov Landau steal before fleeing to Jerusalem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the weapons aboard the Vesuvius and to the ship?
2. What "artificial" ammunition is used by Ari in his quest to protect Gan Dafna and why?
3. What are some of the issues faced by the pilot called Tex during his flight with the one hundred forty-two Yemenites?
4. What activities occupy the Jews forced to live underground in the Huleh Valley? What impact does this have on the people?
5. What two things happen in Karen's life that make Kitty believe she now has a chance of taking the girl to America?
6. After the raid, Akiva is shot. Why does he then say that he must be taken to some hidden place?
7. What effect does the radio cast have on the Jewish forces?
8. How does the newspaper in Tel Aviv report about the battles being won by the Jews? Why?
9. Why is it that the Israeli army isn't attacking all Arab villages?
10. What is the message contained in the letter from Dov Landau?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)