|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Kitty at a nearby motel after she nurses Ari back to health?
(a) Dov Landau
(b) Jordana Ben Canaan
(d) Bruce Sutherland
2. What excuse is used for Kitty, Karen and the children to travel to Daliyat where Ari is injured?
(a) That there's a farewell party for Kitty
(b) That Ari is injured
(c) That there's a wedding
(d) That there's a funeral
3. Who is called on to write a summary of the issue with Arab refugees?
4. What favor does Barak ask of Ari?
(a) That Ari continue to fight for their cause
(b) That Ari save Akiva
(c) That Ari keep Kitty from leaving
(d) That Ari marry and settle down
5. What item does Kitty hand Karen that convinces Karen's decision to go to America?
(a) Dov's letter
(b) Adoption papers
(d) The photo of Ben Solomon
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrangements are made for the children of Gan Dafna?
2. Where does Jordana say she and David met?
3. What order does Ari give once the village of Taha is destroyed?
4. What item is given to Major Caldwell when he says that he had no role in the death of Ben Solomon?
5. Who takes over Fort Esther when the British evacuate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What risky plan is concocted to get children out of Gan Dafna?
2. What ploy had been used to rally the Arabs? Does it work?
3. What advice does Akiva give Dov when Karen comes to visit and why?
4. What effect does the radio cast have on the Jewish forces?
5. What problem is created with the advance of the Jewish armies and the fall of Arab strongholds?
6. What does Barak point out about the options the fleeing Arabs have available?
7. What two things happen in Karen's life that make Kitty believe she now has a chance of taking the girl to America?
8. What is the conversation that takes place between Ari and Kitty after he begins to recover?
9. What activities occupy the Jews forced to live underground in the Huleh Valley? What impact does this have on the people?
10. After the raid, Akiva is shot. Why does he then say that he must be taken to some hidden place?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)