|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Theodor Herzl witness the disgrace of Andrew Dreyfus?
2. Malcolm shoots an Arab who refuses to answer a question. What lesson does he say this teaches his fighters?
(a) There's no way to manage a hostage or prisoner
(b) An Arab who won't talk can't be coerced
(c) Never use brutality to get information, get right to the point
(d) There's no need trying to talk to those who speak a different language
3. What special talent does Yakov's wife have?
(a) Tending the vegetable garden
(b) Tending children
(c) Tending the dairy cows
(d) Tending the hogs
4. What does Yakov do in retaliation of his father's death?
(a) Stabs a hunchbacked Jew hater named Andreeve
(b) Kills a group of students
(c) Nothing. His brother Jossi commits the crime
(d) Burns a Christian Bible
5. What is the question facing Kitty as the exodus prepares to sail?
(a) Whether she loves Mark Parker
(b) Whether to go to Palesting alone or with the Exodus
(c) Whether to go to Palestine or cut ties with Karen
(d) Whether to fly or sail to the Riveria
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Kitty have for Karen if Karen's father isn't found?
2. Who does Yakov marry?
3. What order does Caldwell give regarding the prisoner he's transporting to Jerusalem?
4. Where does Jakov, now known as Barak, live before moving his family to the newest Jewish farming community?
5. What was the name of the paper in which Theodor Herzl put down his ideas about the need for establishing a Jewish nation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reactions of Jakov and Jossi to the death of their father?
2. Who ranks at the top of list of Jews being taken out of Europe under Ari's supervision as the war begins in Germany?
3. What does Sutherland say about the ability to frighten residents of the camp into submission?
4. What name does Ari use when he's taking supplies and what ship is he supposedly taking them for? What's the significance?
5. Describe the significance of the row of toilets in the concentration camp where the Orthodox Jews are being held.
6. What two things make Dov determined to go on after his capture from the Warsaw ghetto?
7. What are Kamaal's conditions of the sale of land to the Jews?
8. Describe the traditional Sunday activities of Simon Rabinsky and his family.
9. What was the expectation when the Arabs sold land to the Jews and what was reality?
10. Describe the exchange between Kitty and Ari when she sees the hog pen at his parent's farm.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)