|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dov go for supplies while trapped in the Warsaw ghetto with his family?
(a) Wanda's house
(b) The grocery store
(c) Wendy's house
(d) Mundek's house
2. Who is Mark expecting to meet upon his arrival in Cyprus?
(a) Fred Caldwell
(b) Bruce Sutherland
(c) Deborah Davis
(d) Kitty Fremont
3. Where is Mark told to go upon his arrival?
(b) The Dome Hotel
(c) To bed
(d) The concentration camps
4. Who does Kitty encounter pacing back and forth in the makeshift hospital as she leaves Karen's room?
(b) Mark Parker
(d) Dov Landau
5. What name is given to the farm where Barak and his family go to live?
(a) Yard of Plenty
(b) Yad El
(d) God's Garden
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the speaker at the secret meeting attended by Yakov and Jossi?
2. Why does Karen say the Jews are being aided in their quest to reach Palestine?
3. What are the ages of the children aboard the ship?
4. What does David Ben Ami's name mean?
5. How did the name of Fort Esther come to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ben Solomon's fate?
2. What is Kitty's response when Mark asks if she's in love with Ari?
3. Describe the significance of the row of toilets in the concentration camp where the Orthodox Jews are being held.
4. Officials discuss the situation with the Exodus. List at least two recommended courses of action.
5. What is the reaction of the Danish people when the Danish Jews are ordered to wear the yellow Star of David on an armband?
6. What two things make Dov determined to go on after his capture from the Warsaw ghetto?
7. When journalist Theodor Herzl hears the cry of "Death to all Jews," he comes to the conclusion that was echoed by many other Jews. What was that conclusion?
8. Describe the traditional Sunday activities of Simon Rabinsky and his family.
9. What is the official role the British play in preparing the Exodus to sail?
10. What does Sutherland say about the ability to frighten residents of the camp into submission?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)