|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name was given to the plan of evacuating nonessential British personnel from Palestine?
(a) Operation Exit
(b) Operation Folly
(c) Operation Polly
(d) Operation Genesis
2. What's the original name of the Exodus?
(a) The Bevin
(b) The Caraolos
(c) The Apollo
(d) The Aphrodite
3. What task is Ari given by his father that ends with his being beaten?
(a) Picking up supplies
(b) Taking corn to be ground
(c) Taking wheat to be milled
(d) Hauling in water
4. What was the name of the paper in which Theodor Herzl put down his ideas about the need for establishing a Jewish nation?
(a) The Star of David
(b) The Paris Chronicle
(c) The Jewish State
(d) The Jewish Nation
5. What name is given to the elite fighter unit formed by P.P. Malcolm?
(a) Raider Unit
(b) Jesus Crusade
(c) Rough Riders
(d) Right is Might
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cited as the cause of death of Yakov and Jossi's mother?
2. What name is given to the farm where Barak and his family go to live?
3. What area is considered the most important place in the Caraolos camp?
4. What task does Jordana have at the camp where she is stationed?
5. Who is the woman David loves who is waiting for him in Palestine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Officials discuss the situation with the Exodus. List at least two recommended courses of action.
2. What is the reaction of the Danish people when the Danish Jews are ordered to wear the yellow Star of David on an armband?
3. How does Karen bring herself into contact with Dov?
4. Where did Karen Hansen Clement grow up?
5. What are Kamaal's conditions of the sale of land to the Jews?
6. How do Jakov and Jossi escape when they are cornered by a group of students intent on beating them up?
7. What does Sutherland say about the ability to frighten residents of the camp into submission?
8. What exchange takes place between Ari and Taha?
9. Describe the exchange between Kitty and Ari when she sees the hog pen at his parent's farm.
10. Why are Palestine geography lessons given in the children's compound of the Caraolos camp?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)