|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise is given regarding the ship's position within the harbor at Naples?
(a) That the ship won't be attacked
(b) That the ship won't be blown up inside the harbor
(c) That the ship won't be damaged
(d) That the ship will be emptied of arms
2. What is Kitty's response when Jordana thanks her for caring for Ari?
(a) That she would have done the same for a wounded dog
(b) That she loves Ari
(c) That she's glad she was available
(d) That Karen did most of the work
3. What name do the Jews give Wednesday, November 27, 1947?
(a) Black Wednesday
(b) Wonderful Wednesday
(c) Day of Death
(d) Black Thursday
4. Where is the room Dov finds in Jerusalem?
(a) Landau Street
(b) The Street of the Chain
(c) Jaffa Road
(d) Dome of the Rock
5. What does David say exists that could help get supplies to Jerusalem?
(a) A company of American tanks
(b) A river
(c) A landing strip for supply planes
(d) An old Roman road
6. What does Ari say he hears "twenty times a day" from those under his command?
(a) Give us more arms
(b) Let us leave
(c) Give us more food
(d) Give us more soldiers
7. What is the official response to the Arab contention that the Arab's love their land?
(a) That they must now learn to love some other land
(b) That if they truly loved it, they could not have been forced from it
(c) That they do love their land, just as the Jewish people
(d) That they cannot love their land or they would have taken better care of their crops
8. What does Ari say Safed has become?
(a) A defensive nightmare
(b) A symbol of liberty
(c) A symbol of defiance
(d) A problem
9. Where are the inhabitants of Gan Dafna hiding during the shelling of their town?
(a) In a fort
(b) In sewers
(c) In metal buildings
(d) In underground bunkers
10. What is the password on the night Dov Landau returns to Gan Dafna?
(a) Happy Holiday
(b) Merry Christmas
(c) Happy Hanuka
(d) Don't shoot
11. What does Kitty propose happen to the situation between herself and Kitty as they face the possibility of all out war?
(a) That Kitty prepare for many wounded
(b) That they put their personal differences aside
(c) That Kitty and Jordana leave together
(d) That Kitty train to fight with the children
12. What does Kitty suggest should be done with babies and the younger children in the event of a siege?
(a) That they be turned over as hostages to avoid death
(b) That they be sent ot America
(c) That they be evacuated to someplace safer
(d) That they be hidden in the woods
13. What arrangements are made for the children of Gan Dafna?
(a) To be moved to Sharon-Tel Aviv
(b) To receive additional arms and training
(c) To move to deeper underground bunkers
(d) To be moved to America
14. What weapon do the Arabs come to believe the Jewish people have at their disposal?
(a) The LIttle David
(b) The Big Goliath
(d) The atom bomb
15. Who is called on to write a summary of the issue with Arab refugees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does the British take for the continuing Arab brutality?
2. What mistake does Barak say that Ari has made in understanding what Kitty wants from him?
3. Why is Zev not killed once he's caught in the barbed wire?
4. What is the fate of the seventy-seven Jewish doctors accompanying a Red Cross convoy that is attacked by the Arabs?
5. What is the departure point for the two place tickets Kitty has?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)