|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Kitty hold at the camp where Karen and the other children live?
(a) She's a nurse, heading up the medical department
(b) She's an agriculturalist and teaches farming
(c) She's a teacher and teaches basic subjects
(d) She's a teacher and teaches math and science
2. Where do Yakov and Jossi tell their father they are going when they leave for the secret meeting?
(b) A meeting of the Jewish Fellowship
(c) To study
(d) To say a minyan for Reb Horowitz
3. What was the signal that called the Jews of the Pale of Russia to the Sabbath?
(a) A horn
(b) There was no signal
(c) A bell
(d) A whistle
4. What prestigious program accepts Karen?
(a) Royal Ballet
(b) Royal Navy
(c) British Ballet
(d) Ballet of Royalty
5. What does Dov demand in return for finishing the forgery project he's working on?
(a) That he and Karen remain in the camp together
(b) That he be allowed to go with the group to Palestine
(c) That he and Karen be in the group to go to Palestine
(d) That Karent be allowed to go with the group to Palestine
6. What is the name of the movement started by Herzl?
7. What is another name for Chanukah?
(b) Night of Lights
(c) Festival of Lanterns
(d) Festival of Lights
8. What name was given to the plan of evacuating nonessential British personnel from Palestine?
(a) Operation Folly
(b) Operation Exit
(c) Operation Genesis
(d) Operation Polly
9. Who does Yakov marry?
10. What is it Malcolm says is the biggest compliment he receives during his time working with Ari?
(a) They trusted him to lead them
(b) They called him friend
(c) They called him brother
(d) They shared food and lodging with him
11. What does Ari's name mean?
(a) One from Canaan
(b) Son of a Lion
(c) Lion, Son of Canaan
(d) Lion, Son of God
12. What is it that Dov says he is going to do when he reaches Palestine?
(a) Join the terrorists and kill British soldiers
(b) Join the terrorists and kill the Germans
(c) Join the Zionists and pray for world peace
(d) Live without fear for his life
13. What name does Bruce Sutherland give to the plan to evacuate nonessential British personnel from Palestine?
(a) Operation Genesis
(b) Operation Folly
(c) Operation Exit
(d) Operation Polly
14. What does Dov do upon his arrival at Auschwitz that saves his life?
(a) He says he's a master forger and proves it
(b) He impressses a guard with his forgery
(c) He pleads with a doctor to spare his life
(d) He says he's a master forger but refuses to use the skill
15. What is the name given to Ari's younger sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman who asks Jossi to marry her?
2. What is the illness that strikes many of those living on the farm with Barak and his family, and which causes the first two deaths on the farm?
3. Who is the young Jewish boy Major Caldwell is charged with transporting to Jerusalem?
4. What area is considered the most important place in the Caraolos camp?
5. Where are the sick children taken immediately after the standoff with the Exodus ends?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)