|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fate does Karen learn has befallen her father?
(a) He was imprisoned for his work with the Maccabees
(b) He was taken hostage
(c) He was killed in Jerusalem
(d) He was tortured by the Gestapo
2. How did the name of Fort Esther come to be?
(a) The fort was built at the site where Ari's grandmother, Esther, died
(b) The fort was named for a Jewess named Esther who died fighting the Arabs
(c) There was no reason
(d) The fort was built at the burial site of Queen Esther
3. Why do the Arabs choose to attack Tirat Tsiv first?
(a) They believe a loss at that point will demoralize the Jews
(b) They believe the battle will be fierce, therefore more honorable
(c) They believe they can take doctors hostage from that settlement
(d) They believe the Orthodox Jews there will not fight back
4. Caldwell issues a statement regarding policy toward Jews. What does Cecil Bradshaw compare that statement to?
(a) The persecution of Jesus
(b) The Spanish Inquisition
(c) Adolf Hitler's Final Solution
(d) The civil rights movement
5. Where is the headquarters of Ari's command located?
(a) The Fountain of Light
(b) The Statue of Light
(c) The Valley of Light
(d) Gan Dafna
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of setting off firecrackers during the attack on Gan Dafna?
2. How had the Jews reclaimed the alkaline land of Beth Ha-Arava?
3. What does Simon say is the purpose of a Jew?
4. What is it Malcolm says is the biggest compliment he receives during his time working with Ari?
5. What happens to the British plan to turn Fort Esther over to the Jews?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)