|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dov do upon his arrival at Auschwitz that saves his life?
(a) He impressses a guard with his forgery
(b) He says he's a master forger and proves it
(c) He says he's a master forger but refuses to use the skill
(d) He pleads with a doctor to spare his life
2. Why does Karen say the Jews are being aided in their quest to reach Palestine?
(a) To be human experiments
(b) To live in concentration camps
(c) To provide free labor on civil projects
(d) To serve as soldiers to fight the Arabs
3. What information is given from the ship regarding the hunger strike?
(a) The number of children who have passed out from hunger
(b) The number of Jews who have died trying to reach Palestine
(c) The number of hours that have passed since the strike began
(d) The number of hours before the ship self-destructs
4. What fate does Karen learn befell her mother and brothers?
(a) They died in a children's compound
(b) They were all terminated at Dachau
(c) They were gassed at Auschwitz
(d) They remain interred at La Ciotat
5. Who is the woman David loves who is waiting for him in Palestine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Ari choose for the escape?
2. What is the Karpathos?
3. What is another name for Chanukah?
4. What does David Ben Ami's name mean?
5. What is the question facing Kitty as the exodus prepares to sail?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)