|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon say is the purpose of a Jew?
(a) To live in harmony
(b) To study the Toran
(c) To protect the synagogue
(d) To guard the laws of God
2. Why is Zev not killed once he's caught in the barbed wire?
(a) The soldiers plan to take him alive to torture him
(b) The soldiers want to save his life
(c) The soldiers know Zev will die and don't want to waste ammunition
(d) The soldiers are giving Zev a chance to get away
3. What is the purpose of setting off firecrackers during the attack on Gan Dafna?
(a) To make the attackers believe there's a nearby celebration
(b) To make the attackers believe there are more guns than there are
(c) To rally the children of Gan Dafna
(d) To mask the screams from the younger children of Gan Dafna
4. Who is the speaker at the secret meeting attended by Yakov and Jossi?
5. Who is the young Jewish boy Major Caldwell is charged with transporting to Jerusalem?
(a) Ben Husseini
(b) Ben Solomon
(c) Ben Canaan
(d) Ben Barak
Short Answer Questions
1. What name was given to the plan of evacuating nonessential British personnel from Palestine?
2. What is the first phase of the defense of Gan Dafna?
3. What was the signal that called the Jews of the Pale of Russia to the Sabbath?
4. What group attracts the attention of Yakov and Jossi?
5. How does Ari know that an attack against Gan Dafna is imminent?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)