|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many employees does Saeed's employer have in Chapter 1?
(b) About a half a dozen.
(c) Over a dozen.
2. In Chapter 4 after the phone signals died, where does Saeed go?
(a) Burger joint.
(b) Nadia's apartment.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Saeed's father do for a living?
4. In Chapter 5, how many times has Saeed wept since his mother's death?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
5. What type of restaurant do Saeed and Nadia meet at in Chapter 2?
6. In Chapter 1, what type of tattoo does the woman have who is sleeping in Sydney, Australia?
(a) Fleur de lis.
(b) Small mythological bird.
(c) Small red rose.
7. In Chapter 3, what type of vehicle does Saeed scrape when he is driving to Nadia's?
8. In Chapter 4, when Saeed tries to find Nadia's office, how many numbers can the operator give him when he calls information?
9. What type of weapon does the second man have who enters through a black door and sees the brave man?
(c) Knockoff Russian assault rifle.
10. In Chapter 5, how many trenches are dug in the courtyard of Saeed's apartment building for public toilets?
11. Where do Nadia and Saeed usually meet in Chapter 4?
(a) Her place.
(b) Her work.
(c) His work.
(d) His place.
12. What weapons does the brave man have in Chapter 4?
(a) Pistol and knife.
(b) Gun and grenade.
(d) Knife and sword.
13. In Chapter 3, what type of tree does Nadia have in a pot on her terrace?
14. What was Nadia's favorite subject when she was a child?
(d) Home economics.
15. In Chapter 2, whose grave do Nadia and Saeed visit?
(a) Her cousin's.
(b) Her grandfather's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her uncle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how many weekends after the curfew are Nadia and Saeed able to meet?
2. When Saeed asks Nadia to move to his parents' place, where does he tell her he will sleep?
3. In Chapter 2, when did the man who was in the bar nursing a drink remember beating a half-Filipino boy?
4. In Chapter 3, how much time does Saeed spend in the evenings browsing the internet?
5. What is the man wearing in Chapter 2, who is nursing a drink he has not paid for?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)