|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how long after independence did telephone lines remain a rare thing?
(a) 45 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) About 15 years.
2. In Chapter 4, who does Saeed's mother think she sees firing a machine gun from the back of a pickup truck?
(d) Former student.
3. In Chapter 3, the first Friday after a curfew is imposed, what does Saeed pray for?
(b) The city.
4. In Chapter 3, what type of tree does Nadia have in a pot on her terrace?
5. How long after his parents' marriage was Saeed born?
(a) 2 decades.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
6. How does Saeed's mother die in Chapter 4?
(a) Round through windshield of the car.
(b) Mugged and stabbed to death.
(c) Street bomb.
(d) Caught in street fighting.
7. In Chapter 5, why does Saeed's father not want to leave the city?
(a) He is too old to travel.
(b) His wife is there.
(c) His family is there.
(d) He is sick.
8. In Chapter 3, where do Nadia and Saeed begin to meet during the day?
(a) Cheap burger joint.
(b) Chinese restaurant.
(c) Soup and salad bar.
9. How does Nadia cover her windows in Chapter 4?
(a) With plywood.
(b) With curtains.
(c) With bookshelves.
(d) With packing tape and rubbish bags.
10. In Chapter 3, how much time will pass before a local man with a ponytail who offers ingredients for chefs and epicures be beheaded?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) Few weeks.
(c) Few months.
(d) 8 months.
11. When Saeed asks Nadia to move to his parents' place, where does he tell her he will sleep?
(a) Living room.
(c) With her.
(d) Sitting room.
12. In Chapter 2, how does Saeed travel to have dinner with Nadia?
(b) Family care.
13. In Chapter 4 what is Saeed's mother looking for in the car?
14. In Chapter 5, who emerges from an interior service door?
(a) Mother, father, daughter, and son.
(b) Parents and 3 children.
(c) Parents and 4 children.
(d) Father, daughters, and sons.
15. At the end of Chapter 2, where did the young soldier grow up who is looking down on the city?
(c) Small village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a brave man wear in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Saeed bring to Nadia's to eat?
3. In Chapter 2, who has Nadia been seeing before Saeed?
4. What is the man wearing in Chapter 2, who is nursing a drink he has not paid for?
5. What does Nadia serve when people pay their condolences to Saeed and his father in Chapter 5?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)